Fandoms: All

Canons: Open/Oc's Welcome!

Bans: Howard the Duck,
RPF* Real Person Fiction; IE Apping an actual celebrity

Main Rule:Don't Be a Dick

OOC min age:18

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Classy, THIS place? My Being Here is the only Reason why It'll Ever be Called Classy
Marvel-X-Men MCU

13 Posts
4 Threads
Job: Crime Boss/Businesswoman
Ship Status: Single, but Looking
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual
Waffles

All Accounts Posts: 26
Time: 7:00 PM

Date: July 21st

The Green Goddess, eh? What a misleading name for this dump. If this place was a Goddess, than surely it had to be located in an undesirable part of said Goddess' body, like the crack of the ass or maybe the hairy armpit. Just being in this place made her feel disgustingly dirty, as if she was rolling around in mud with a bunch of dirty boys and play fighting with them. Whoever said a strip club/brothel was a swanky place was surely out of their mind, and she would make sure to track down the idiot that said so she could kill them most slowly and painfully.

The only reason she came here in the first place was because she overheard a conversation between two men about a 'classy' bar by the name of the Green Goddess. Very intrigued about stepping into a classy joint she hadn't made her presence felt in before was always something of a hobby of hers. She managed to overhear where the directions of this place was from these two men, and decided to establish her presence in this bar, even if it was only for a little while. If only she knew beforehand what kind of place the Green Goddess was, she would immediately changed her mind and just gone back to her hotel room.

Immediately, when she stepped in, face contorted into an expression of absolute disgust. She knew right then that this wasn't some classy, high society bar, this was a strip club/whore house combo that just happened to have a lot of rich clients. Swanky her deceptively young-looking ass it was. It may have looked clean, but all bars of this kind were automatically on the lowest end of respectability in Adelaide's eyes, and the worst part is that she couldn't even blend in, since she always dressed to impress all those around her.

It's hard to be subtle when you're clad in a red silk Victorian dress, complete with gloves and scarf of the same color and material, designer brand red shoes, and decked out in enough jewelry to make a Gold Digger foam at the mouth with envy. With the parasol in her hand as well, she stuck out even more like a sore thumb than she usually did, only for the first time in a long while she knew that she didn't stick out in a good way. She was, essentially, the only classy lady in a room full of whores! Just great, she was only thankful nobody from her own dimension could see her.

Scoffing a bit, she turned towards the bartender and morosely ordered the most expensive wine they had available. She was already covered in filth just by walking into this worthless pit of a bar, now all she accomplished by staying was getting even filthier. She knew one thing was for sure, when she got back home, she was burning this entire ensemble in an incinerator and selling all these pieces of jewelry to unsuspecting trophy wives to enjoy while she used the money she got from said sales to buy untainted jewelry. She grouchily thanked the bartender when he poured her a glass of the wine she asked for, and she quietly sipped at it.
Star Trek-AOS

205 Posts
8 Threads
Job:
Ship Status: Single
Sexual Orientation: Heterosexual
Katie

All Accounts Posts: 432
Jaya had just come back onto the floor-she'd been in one of the private rooms with a client, and the activities had been quite energetic, so she'd gone back to her room to bathe and change. She wasn't planning on working more for the rest of the night, so she'd dressed in an dress much more concealing than her traditional garb, but she'd long ago noticed that Terrans usually had found it easy to converse with her, and took her more seriously, if she had more skin covered. The dress she was wearing was of a Terran style, a simple sheath decorated with an elaborate pattern formed by gold and jet beads. Her hair was piled on her head, held in place by gold hairpins decorated with jet beads.

A quick signal from copy-Uncle Ruvet told her that the woman at the bar, who was dressed in an elaborate and concealing costume of red cloth, of a style unfamiliar to Jaya, was looking like she might make trouble. It was difficult to know why-it might be because of the effect of Orion pheromones, which often made alien females irritable, or it might be because she disliked the idea of females engaging in coupling in exchange for payment, or it might be that she was a potential competitor.

No matter the case, it fell to Jaya to speak to her, and deal with the situation before trouble erupted. "Welcome to the Green Goddess. I'm Jaya. Is everything here to your liking?"
Marvel-X-Men MCU

13 Posts
4 Threads
Waffles

Adelaide quietly kept to herself, instead choosing to drown her disgust in the surprisingly decent wine the bartender handed to her. She could tell by the taste of it that it wasn't the most top-notch of wines, and it was white wine over the red wine she preferred, but that was really her fault for not specifying red wine over white wine. She had gotten into the drink after her dead husband convinced her to go out to a club with her, and she had fallen in love with the delicious drink. Now, it was the only kine of alcohol she drank, it made champagne taste like utter garbage in comparison.

By the time she had started feeling a good buzz, she was already down to one fourth of the full bottle of wine she had initially started with, and that was good enough for her. While not necessarily a lightweight by any means, she knew what her limit was, and her massive paranoia kept her from getting too drunk, since the last thing she wanted was to get so drunk she made herself an easy target for assassination. Her paranoia, and her fears of capture and/or death had kept her alive so far, and she'll be damned before she ignores them at any point in her life.

She was brought somewhat out of her haze when she heard a female voice ask her if everything was to her liking. Allowing the pleasant fog of her buzz to slide free from her mind, she turned her head in the direction she heard the voice come from, and she actually had to blink in surprise when she saw a green-skinned woman standing in front of her. While she was familiar with the odd Mutant here and there with oddly-colored skin, the green looked far more natural on this woman than it did on Mutants.

She didn't say anything at first, and instead turned to squint her eyes at her wine bottle, obviously wondering for a moment if she was a lot more drunk than she thought she was, questioning as to whether or not she was hallucinating. She quietly pinched herself so that the pain would wake her from her haze, and when she rubbed her eyes to stare at Jaya again, she saw that the woman was not only still there, but that she still had green skin. Unable to stop herself, her nose wrinkled up in distaste and her lips pulled themselves into a frown of disgust.

Even though she herself wasn't Human, she viewed herself as the sole exception to the rule of non-Humans being inferior to Humans. In her eyes, this woman clearly wasn't Human, and as a result she was a worthless bug meant to be squashed under her shoe and forgotten about. However, she had a pleasant buzz going on right now, and decided not to start trouble and potentially get kicked out. Her reputation was everything, and she wasn't going to risk dirtying her reputation by getting thrown out of a disgusting whore house of a bar.

"Everything is fine, Madamoiselle Jaya. It's just that I had overheard a conversation that this bar was a very classy joint usually favorited by the high society elites, and as I am one to stick around such places, I had decided to give it a try. Apparently that wasn't exactly the case, judging by the rather interesting things going on here. I felt that since I was already here, I might as well make myself comfortable" she said in a polite tone of voice, a voice that was thick with a French accent. She would have liked to hurl a slur in this woman's direction, but she didn't want to ruin her pleasant buzz.
Star Trek-AOS

205 Posts
8 Threads
Job:
Katie

And it looked like the woman's objection was the second of the three possibilities, she looked down on exchanging coupling for payment, and assumed that only females who were desperate, and of extremely low social status would engage in such behavior. Which, to be fair, seemed to be the case for large swaths of Terran history, as well as the history of a number of other species. However, it wasn't the case for Orions, either on the home world in the days before First Contact, or now, when Orion Slave Girls were skilled and valued.

If that was her only objection, it was possible that Jaya would be able to change her mind. At the very least, she might be able to persuade the female, who seemed quite intoxicated, to leave without much fuss. "You weren't misinformed." Jaya said, her tone mild, but not giving an inch. "The Green Goddess is an establishment that is proud to serve all of our clients' physical needs at the highest level, and I'm pleased to say that we've acquired an elite clientele as a result. For Orions, all the sensual pleasures are arts-whether intoxicants' she nodded at the wine bottle the woman was drinking from "food, dance or coupling. I realize that it may not be the same for your species." she assumed that the female wasn't Terran-it appeared that she had evolved from some sort of reptile- "But the Hub isn't the place to cling to provincial attitudes." a true statement, and something as true for Jaya as it was for others. She was starting to see how things might have gone differently if her species hadn't met the Ferengei's first, and although she still thought that the Orion Syndicate had chosen the right path for her universe, it was starting to occur to her that they might be better able to thrive in the Hub, and expand elsewhere, if they were a bit more honest about the way Orion society was organized. She was also starting to realize that the distance between Orions and Terrans, at least the Terrans of some of the other universes, might not be as great as she'd thought. Some of them, Belle and Christian and Remy were positively normal.
Marvel-X-Men MCU

13 Posts
4 Threads
Waffles

Adelaide eyed Jaya up and down in a skeptical manner when she said that she wasn't misinformed of the situation regarding the Green Goddess. How wasn't she misinformed about the state of this place, when it was practically a brothel? She didn't know where this woman came from, but it was clear that she didn't view brothels with any negative connotation like Adelaide herself did. She'd have rather died than be caught dead in a brothel, but she had nothing better to do, so she decided to hear her out.

Her coal black eyes narrowed a bit when the green woman said that the Green Goddess was meant to cater to every client's needs, even their physical needs, and it was because of this place catering to a client's every deed that it managed to wrap up such an impression rap sheet of elite clients with money to spare. She actually perked up at this in a visible way, viewing the bar with a more analytical expression where as previously she viewed it only with disgust. If what she said was true, than perhaps there was more to this place than met the eye.

The potential for being able to dig up blackmail from these high society windbags that she typically hung around was huge. She knew from experience that the richer someone was, the more likely they were to have some kind of secret skeleton in their closets that they wouldn't want to get out. This wasn't true all across the board, but experience taught her that it usually was true for the most part, the richest people were often the most arrogant, and as a result were most likely to have some shameful secrets that could damage, or entirely ruin, their careers.

She blinked in surprise and suspicion when the woman commented on her being from a different species. That was when she stiffened up in fear, did this woman somehow know she wasn't Human? Adelaide didn't know how Jaya would know of her Non-Human status, since she went to great lengths to keep that kind of information hidden from everyone who knew her. She didn't do a single thing to show her true nature, so the only way this woman could possibly know of her non-Human nature, was if she had some kind of mind-reading ability, or possibly some kind of sensing ability that would tell her she wasn't really Human.

Deciding to address the way the bar was handled first, she spoke up. "Is that right? Well then, it appears I was a little précipité in judging this place. My apologies, this place is deceptively more unique than I first thought. The loyalty and trust that can be built up from catering to a client's every need is something very valuable, something that could make a lot of money" she said, impressed inflections taking over her voice as she complimented the green woman on her cunning with building up such a clientele in such an interesting way.

"As for the my species comment, I was born to Human parents, and I just have a rare offshoot of DNA that separates me from regular Humans" she said in an evasive manner, telling the truth while at the same time telling a lie. She most certainly wasn't a Human by any stretch of the imagination, but the DNA part, as well as being born from regular Humans, were things that were actually true. Information, just like Knowledge, was Power, and she refused to let anyone have any kind of power over her.
Star Trek-AOS

205 Posts
8 Threads
Job:
Katie

Jaya could see the wheels turning in the female's head, and realized that she'd have to deal with this one cautiously. For a start, it wouldn't do to have her start to harass Jaya's clients, or try to harm them based on the fact that they were clients.

She nodded in agreement "Yes, it is quite profitable...for myself and my family" Not wanting the female to forget that this was Jaya's place, and that any attempts to take over, or insert herself into the business would be most unwelcome. Of course if she wanted to do business "It is also an excellent place to meet and to conduct business. If you are interested in such, I would be glad to accommodate you. For a reasonable percentage, of course."

"My apologies." Jaya said "We have beings here from a variety of worlds, not all of them are Terran, or human, if the are Terran. You are a mutant, then?" she was always interested in cultivating contacts, and sources of information. And she liked knowing who she was doing business with.
Marvel-X-Men MCU

13 Posts
4 Threads
Waffles

From the way Adelaide was staring at Jaya, one would get the impression that she wasn't at all effected by the implication in her reply. She knew very well that the way the green-skinned woman said what she said that she was pretty much saying flat out to her face that she wasn't interested in Adelaide muscling in on her business. Her face was impassive, well mostly impassive, but there was a slight enough change that anyone who noticed it would be very well aware her true feelings about what was said.

Although she never narrowed her eyes in anger, the subtle way her eyelids tightened their grips on her eyes would very easily let Jaya know that she understood her message very well, and most definitely didn't appreciate it. Well, it would let her know that Adelaide understood the message sent her way, provided Jaya was capable of noticing the slight change in her facial expression. If this green-skinned, sub-human garbage was going to talk in such a way to her, than she would certainly give her what-for, just not right now.

After all, this was Jaya's territory, the place she had the home-field advantage, while Adelaide was just a visitor. For all she knew, this lime-covered harlot could have some kind of incredible powers that would make her exceedingly strong while she was in this bar, and Adelaide herself was one who always valued the home-field advantage, refusing to fight at a disadvantage. If she was going to get this lettuce-colored bitch and put her in her proper place, she would need to do so when Jaya no longer had the home-field advantage.

Pretending to shrug off the implied slight against her, Adelaide shrugged her shoulders in what seemed like an easy-going manner. "I have no need of a session right now. As for what species I am, you are correct that I am a Mutant" she said, making sure to lower her voice so that only Jaya would be capable of hearing her. Jaya already knew she wasn't a Human like she pretended to be, but she might as well keep her non-Human status under wraps as much as possible. Even if none of these people were from her own universe, the chances of them coming to hers and spreading such info around was something she could not risk.
Star Trek-AOS

205 Posts
8 Threads
Job:
Katie

Jaya noticed the Mutant Terran female's anger and annoyance, but chose not to acknowledge them. Yes, this reptile would be someone to keep a careful eye on, if she decided to return. Possibly even if she didn't. On the other hand, Jaya had allies of her own, and somehow she got the idea that this female tried to gain power through fear and intimidation, and power won that way was glass. So no she wasn't worried. Not at the moment, at least.

"As you please." Jaya responded "If you ever change your mind about doing business here, please let me know, and I'm sure we can set something up." in a way that ensured that this female wouldn't make trouble for Jaya or for her clients. Jaya noticed that the Terran female seemed to be a bit hostile, but that wasn't unusual.