Supernatural-N/A

56 Posts
5 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Jasmine

All Accounts Posts: 213
He'd found Avengers Tower, which was, basically, the freaking coolest thing about the Hub so far. He rolled the Impala to a stop in front of it, staring up at the shiny facade and the huge "A" emblazoned on its side. Definitely something to tell Sam when he got back. Real freaking superheroes. After a lifetime of being disappointed in nearly all the heroes he'd ever had, here was the chance to meet literal, real life superheroes.

He got out of the car and walked up to the building and nearly ran right into a tall, blonde, strikingly built and handsome man coming out the door.

Had to be one of them. Dean grabbed his shoulder before he could pass. "Hey," he said, grinning at him, then letting go as he realized grabbing the guy might not be the best of ideas. "So, uh. Are you a superhero?"
Marvel-616 Universe

101 Posts
5 Threads
Job: Soldier/Avenger
Ship Status: Single
Sexual Orientation:
Becky

Steve has had another long confusing day at the Hub. Catching up on everything he missed in the ice is hard enough without adding time travel and other dimensions. Right now the only thing Steve wants is a nice long walk to clear his head. No worrying about other versions of himself, the multiple Tony's in his life, or even about his impending death and resurrection. That's the plan at least.

That all changed when he tries to pass a man dressed in plaid and feels a hand on his shoulder. He tenses. He may not have recognized the man, but that doesn't mean the man didn't recognize him. Steve isn't sure if he is bracing himself for a fight or a bittersweet reunion with a friend he hasn't met yet.

"So, uh. Are you a superhero?"

Steve blinks. That was unexpected. Did the man not recognize him after all. Or perhaps he was from a universe without a Captain America in it. Either way this is a rare opportunity to meet someone and not have the specter of Captain America or the actions of his future self hanging over his head.

"I'm Steve Rogers," Steve says. Simple, unassuming, nothing special Steve Rogers. "And you are?" Steve asks.
Supernatural-N/A

56 Posts
5 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Jasmine

I'm Steve Rogers, and you are?"

Dean could only grin at the familiar name. It fit, too, tall blonde overly handsome guy in a tucked in button-down like someone's grandpa would wear. "You're Captain America!" Dean told him. Those comics had never been his favorites, but Sammy had always liked the shrimp-turns-into-a-ginormous-hero story. Probably because he'd been a shrimp himself. Which had meant Dean had spent plenty of nights sprawled out on motel beds reading those too.

He stuck out his hand, because it seemed the thing to do when meeting Captain America. "Uh, Dean Winchester," he introduced himself. "I, uh, I read all about you. How many of you guys live here? Is there a Batman?" (Different comics, he remembered, but still seemed worth asking.) "Man, this is so freakin' cool."
Marvel-616 Universe

101 Posts
5 Threads
Sexual Orientation:
Becky

Oh, so he has heard of him after all. That's disappointing, and a little surprising. The Avengers had been careful to keep his identity a secret when he had come out of the ice, but he has found that that doesn't necessarily mean anything in the hub.

The man- Dean- shakes his hand. He seems to be an excitable fellow, though harmless.

"Oh, there's quite a few of us. I haven't even met everyone yet. Um...I've never heard of Batman though." Steve says, noting that they are still shaking hands and it is becoming awkward.

"Are you also a superhero?" Steve asks.
Supernatural-N/A

56 Posts
5 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Jasmine

"Batman's awesome," Dean said with a quick grin, then realized he'd been shaking Captain America's hand for way too long and pulled away. This was even better than meeting Dr. Sexy. Well, at least as good. (Some distant part of his mind noted that Captain America wasn't exactly bad looking either, but he shoved it away because obviously this wasn't about that at all.)

"I'm not a superhero," Dean sighed, his smile slipping slightly. He'd wanted to believe himself a hero, once, but the number of times he'd almost completely fucked the world over made that title a little hard to claim. "I'm just a...a guy." He shrugged. "So, uh. Have you been here long? Did you fall through a portal too?"
Marvel-616 Universe

101 Posts
5 Threads
Sexual Orientation:
Becky

Steve regrets asking when he sees the smile slide off his face. He didn't mean to make things more awkward. The way Dean says "just a guy" makes Steve feel sure there is more to the story than that. Still, he doesn't press, a man's secrets are his own.

"A bit. I stupidly walked through a portal not realizing it would take me here," Steve says then asks, "are we from the same universe, or are you from one of the other universes Mr. Stark told me about?"
Supernatural-N/A

56 Posts
5 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Jasmine

Dean laughed at Captain America's--Steve? Could he call him Steve? That had been how he'd introduced himself after all--explanation for how he'd gotten here. "Fell through, actually," he explained, making a vague gesture at the sidewalk. "It opened up right underneath me. Pretty sure I could get back if I climbed up through the ceiling, but" he shrugged, "honestly, I'm enjoying the vacation. You know they have green Star Trek strippers here?"

Probably not Captain America's thing.

"I'm from a different one," he added hastily. "We don't have any superheroes. Just dudes in grungy flannel killing monsters." He looked around, realizing he'd caught Steve on his way out. "So, uh, where were you headed?"
Marvel-616 Universe

101 Posts
5 Threads
Sexual Orientation:
Becky

Steve stares at him blankly. "I know what strippers are, but what is Star Trek?"

"Fighting monsters. Those sound like superheroes to me, just without the tights, which isn't a bad thing," Steve says. He's not sure why spandex became the popular choice for heroes. He knows he was wearing it to inspire the troops, but he's not sure what everyone elses excuse is. Flannel actually seems to be the more practical choice.

"I was just going for a walk to clear my head." Steve says, then adds on a whim because Dean is interesting and he wants to learn more about other worlds, "want to come?"
Supernatural-N/A

56 Posts
5 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Jasmine

"Oh, come on," Dean said. Captain America had grown up in the 30s, he knew, but the guy Dean had read about had been in the present for years. Hell, he'd gone to other planets. Him not knowing what Star Trek was was like talking to Cas all over again. "Star Trek? Starship Enterprise? Captain Kirk? You know, cheesy 60s effects, lots of space babes... Star Trek. You're worse than Cas, at least he has some excuse being an celestial wavelength or whatever."

He gave a slight self-deprecating laugh when Captain America called him a hero, and answered as they started walking deeper into the Hub. "I used to think I was," he admitted, figuring if he was going to be honest with anyone, might as well be him. "But, you know. You fuck up enough times, you're just playing catch up." Except of course Captain America wouldn't know that. He was Captain Freaking America. He sighed. "You're the real thing, though. Hey, uh, so the tights are real?" he added, since Cap was dressed kind of like an old man with no tights in sight. "The shield, is that real too?"
Marvel-616 Universe

101 Posts
5 Threads
Sexual Orientation:
Becky

Steve blinks at him, clearly understanding nothing. "Sorry? I'm still trying to catch up?" Steve shrugs, and then to change the subject, "who is Cas? Is 'celestial wavelink' a reference I'm just not getting?"

"Everyone messes up eventually, doesn't mean you aren't a hero. Trust me, not I'm not proud of everything I did during the war. I don't know what mistakes you made, but I doubt it disqualifies you from being a hero," Steve says firmly. Steve snorts at the obvious change of subject to something less serious. "All real. Although I've been meaning to talk to Tony about making the suit a little less...flashy."
Supernatural-N/A

56 Posts
5 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Jasmine

Captain America blinked at him blankly, the movement not making him look anything less like Cas.

"Celestial wavelength," Dean corrected, then gave him half a smile. "Uh. Or something. And no, not a reference. He's an angel. Guess they don't have those where you come from, huh."

He swallowed guiltily at Cap's apparent confidence in him, but supposed it was a very Captain America kind of thing to have. Of course, there was no way for Cap to know that Dean had left Cas behind in Purgatory or what he'd done in Hell or all the people who had trusted him and paid the price for it. So he just kept up his half smile and said, "Look, there's mistakes and there's...mistakes. And I guarantee none of yours were worse than mine." He gave a short laugh, "but hey, what's wrong with a flashy suit?"
Marvel-616 Universe

101 Posts
5 Threads
Sexual Orientation:
Becky

"Well I don't know about that. Ma certainly thought there were angels, though I've never met one." Steve says, "I did meet Lucifer once during the war."

Steve presses his mouth into a thin line, wanting to argue but knowing he can't without knowing what Dean's mistakes were in the first place. Steve has to roll his eyes with a laugh at Dean's question about his suit.

"Come on, even I've noticed that the suit's a bit out of date," he says.
Marvel-616

157 Posts
4 Threads
Job: Director of SHIELD
Ship Status: Open to shipping
Sexual Orientation: Sure, with just about anyone (but I don't want to write it explicitly)
Jasmine (starkly-tony)

"You met Lucifer?" Dean snapped more harshly than he'd intended. His own run in with Lucifer had nearly ended him, had truly almost ended Sam. And Cas. Lucifer was the reason so many of their friends had died. Their family. Hearing someone else speak so casually of facing him made something ugly rear up in Dean and he had to force it down. "I mean, really?" He added in a less hostile tone. "Don't remember the apocalypse being a big part of those captain America comics. And hang on, if you met Lucifer you have to know angels are real."

At the comment about the suit he added a lame, "hey, not saying I'd wear the tights, but out of date is kind of your style isn't it?"
Marvel-616 Universe

101 Posts
5 Threads
Sexual Orientation:
Becky

"Yeah," Steve says slightly surprised at Dean's harsh tone, "he showed up during the war. I punched him and he left. He must have realized that it wasn't the right time for the apocalypse. And knowing the devil is real isn't the same as knowing angels exist. No angel came down to stop Lucifer or stop any of the horrible things during the war. If angels existed, wouldn't they want to help?"

Steve sighs. He didn't mean to get so philosophical, but it was a question that had often bothered him.

"I'm trying not to make out of date my style," Steve says, "Mr. Stark was even nice enough to give me a reading list to help me catch up."
Supernatural-N/A

56 Posts
5 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Jasmine

"...Lucifer is an angel," Dean said, trying and failing not to use a tone that suggested that Captain America was a complete idiot. "You know, disobeyed God, fell from Heaven, the whole deal? He fuckin' loves to talk about it."

If angels existed, wouldn't they want to help?

Dean laughed bitterly. "Scratch that, I guess it's obvious you've never met angels. They're dicks. Well, most of them. You haven't seen a guy in a tench coat around here, have you?"

"Mr. Stark... Tony Stark?" Dean guessed. "I met him. Thought he'd be taller."
Marvel-616 Universe

101 Posts
5 Threads
Sexual Orientation:
Becky

"Lucifer didn't do a lot of talking when I met him," Steve says, "though if you met him...did the apocalypse happen in your universe?"

"Yeah, I did actually. He was a bit odd, but not a bad fellow" Steve says.

"He gets that a lot" Steve says with a snort.