Supernatural-N/A

56 Posts
5 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Jasmine

All Accounts Posts: 213
"It's...it's okay, Cas," Dean said, a little troubled, when Cas apologized again for responses Dean wasn't "ready" for yet. Whatever the hell that was supposed to mean. It wasn't like Dean minded Cas being a little more pop culture savvy, or even his new thing for gay cowboys.

"The transformer?" Dean said blankly. "Nah, it was that guy at the nursing home, remember? You just...left to hang with him."

He wasn't that bitter. He really wasn't. Cas had always come and gone. That Cas had ditched him like two days after coming back out of Purgatory, it didn't mean anything. Dean wasn't that much of a whiny bitch. (Even if the thought of Cas leaving him in Purgatory and ignoring his prayers every night while Dean searched and searched still ate at him. He'd apparently been wrong about how much he meant to Cas and he just had to fucking drop it.)

Especially since it sounded like Cas was going to ditch him again sometime in the near future. "But I guess this Megatron dude was bad news, huh?" In any case, Cas looked pained and guilty at the reminder of the guy, and it made Dean regret saying anything at all. Cas was hurting and Dean had to keep his damn hurt feelings to himself.

"Hey, sleep is good," he said. His right hand, not on the wheel, twitched in an aborted movement to reach out and touch Cas again. He'd done enough of that, and the thought that Cas would only keep leaving him was making his gut twist uncomfortably. Then Cas started talking about chains. As much as Dean didn't like the idea, he trusted the angel. "You'll have to tell me what we have in the bunker that can hold an angel. And yeah, I'll stick around." The urge to wrap Cas in a blanket and make sure he was okay was nearly overwhelming, anyway. He managed a smile. "Long as you're with me, buddy, you'll be just fine."