Supernatural-N/A

67 Posts
5 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Jasmine

All Accounts Posts: 251
Dean was driving down one of the main thoroughfares of the Hub city, still working on putting his mental map together and figuring out where the hell all the universes collided into each other and the city itself. He was going at a leisurely pace with the windows down, singing badly along with Led Zeppelin's greatest hits volume 2. (The lack of radio in the Hub was a real shame. He only had so many tapes.)

Then Cas was sitting next to him.

Dean slammed on the breaks, pulling the car over to the side of the road to stare at the angel who had just appear in the passenger seat without any warning. His heart was pounding in his throat, and he stared open-mouthed as Cas asked, "Where are we?"

"What the hell, Cas!" Dean exploded. Seriously, how many times did he have to tell him not to zap in while he was driving? As his heart rate started to return to normal, he let out a breath and tried to process the situation. Okay, so Cas must've followed him through the portal, then used his angel senses to fly himself over to Dean. Except, Cas looked...really terrible, haggard and tired and grimy. Worse even than he had in Purgatory. "We're in this...interdimensional Hub...place," he answered, still looking Cas over. Maybe there had been a fight, something to do with angels or demons or god knew what else while he'd been kicking around the Hub. "What the hell happened to you? Did something attack? Is Sam okay?"
Supernatural-8th season?

56 Posts
6 Threads
Job: Hunt?
Ship Status: Single and curious about sex
Sexual Orientation: Demisexual
Moon

All Accounts Posts: 172
Compared to where he had just been, Castiel hardly noticed the sudden stop of the vehicle he was in.

That being said, weird as it was, Cas had almost missed the startled look on Dean's face that came with his sudden appearance. Though more accurately, he missed flying. Startling Dean was a fringe benefit.

"Interdimensional Hub place?" Cas intoned slowly. Dean seemed pretty uncertain about his answer, though the Angel was aware that could be due to his appearance. He had bloodshot eyes- his trench Coat had been abandoned with his suit jacket- and he was covered in sweat.

Castiel grimaced slightly before growling back. "Sam is perfectly healthy. I think. Though knowing your brother and yourself, I'm never certain from one minute to the next." Which was a lie. Castiel was perfectly aware of Sam's state- he just wasn't certain where he was in the timelines. Dean still believed him capable of flying so the angels must not have fallen yet. He supposed that in that case, Sam was either dying or just petulant after his year free of hunting.

"I have just been tortured by some of my fellow angels after a witch put a curse on me that was designed to turn me rabid and melt my brain." He replied bluntly, avoiding the inherent desire to snarl that he was confident was not part of his personality.

Castiel swallowed hard, continuing to fight against the curse influence- something that seemed to be easier now. "When are we?" He added with no preface. He wasn't exactly in the mood for unnecessary pleasantries. He had an admittedly uncharacteristic desire to hold on to Dean until it was easier to breath. He had come here in an attempt to feel safe after all.
Supernatural-N/A

67 Posts
5 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Jasmine

Dean stared at Cas, willing his brain to catch up with everything Cas had just said. They'd encountered plenty of nasty witches in their time, but none powerful enough to touch an angel. But obviously, something bad had gone down, and Dean hadn't been there to do anything about it. A wave of guilt washed over him and he cursed himself for being so stupid. Just because this place was basically Candyland, with real life green alien hookers from Star Trek and android chicks with swords in their trunk and superheroes, didn't mean he could afford to take a vacation while the people he cared about could be in danger. Hell, it was exactly the same thing he'd been so pissed at Sam for over the last year, except Sam's idea of a vacation involved a boring chick and a dog and Texas.

And now that Cas mentioned it, he really did look like he'd been tortured, like he'd been put through a blender. Dean felt a swell of rage--at whoever had done this to Cas and also at himself for not being there to stop it--and pushed it down, because rage probably wasn't what Cas needed right now. "Okay, you're gonna have to start from the beginning," he said as calmly as he could, putting a bracing hand on Cas's shoulder and feeling him trembling slightly under Dean's grip. He rubbed Cas's shoulder slightly, wishing he could do more. "A witch? What witch? What angels? What the hell is going on here, Cas? It's 2012 and as far as I know I've only been gone for like a week." It occurred to him with a jolt of horror that the place could run on a different clock, like Hell did, and maybe he'd been gone for much longer. Considering how much had apparently changed, it didn't seem impossible. But he only looked into Cas's disturbingly bloodshot eyes and said, "Come on, man, talk to me here."
Supernatural-8th season?

56 Posts
6 Threads
Moon

Castiel took a deep breath at the weight of Dean's hand on his shoulder. Even that wasn't enough to calm the shaking- Father Almighty it only made him shake worse as his body accepted it wasn't in danger and was safe now. Cas wasn't alone now- he was safe. The him of this time period hadn't even accidentally helped seal the gates of heaven. He could feel the curse on him dissipating as he remained cut off from the magic that powered it. Castiel was safe, and now he believed he was having a panic attack as his lungs struggled to rationalize the system like his mind had.

He bit down on his lower lip as it occurred to him that his eyes stung. He had never cried and he wouldn't be starting now- but Cas had certainly never come so close before. It wasn't made better by the rubbing of Dean's hand so comfortingly on his shoulder- Cas slumped his head down to avoid meeting the elder Winchester's gaze.

He spoke clearly despite his reservations. "If I had known I would have a chance to advise you not to take certain courses of action, I would have made a list." Castiel said mirthlessly. Forcing himself to focus on the here and now he did his best to steady himself before glancing up into Dean's eyes. "In fact I would very much like to- with regards to a few specific missteps. Unfortunately as you may remember, the last time an angel muddled with history in a way that saved lives, one of the fates went after every soul affected." Cas continued, glancing longingly at the hand on his shoulder before straightening up and shaking it off.

"I shouldn't be here." He said with a grand sigh as he rubbed the bridge of his nose. "You- and of course Sam-
need me too much for me to run away to the past just to escape some minor torture."
Castiel said before glancing over at Dean and deciding this had all been a terrible idea. All he had managed was to potentially harm the happiness of this past version of his dearest friend. He needed to go back.

Focusing on doing so, he felt his body shimmer in and out of existence as though he were getting bad reception before he felt himself solidify in the past again. "Except of course the dregs of my grace are far too abused to juice me back yet." Castiel grumbled under his breath before sighing and returning to the conversation. "I asked when we were because I'm relatively confident I just jumped into the past. I do not seem to have the energy to leave again. I however am from very early 2015. Or perhaps very late 2014. I will admit to being not entirely certain of my own place in time which perhaps contributes to why I cannot return." He sighed once more before reaching for the door. If Castiel couldn't return just yet- the least he could do was sequester himself somewhere far from Dean, where he wouldn't risk making Dean's death or term as a Demon permanent.
Supernatural-N/A

67 Posts
5 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Jasmine

Cas's shaking only got worse under his hand. The angel also felt too warm and damp with sweat, which for him was--more than unusual. Even in Purgatory, when they'd been fighting for their lives every day, Cas had never seemed this run down physically. Must've been a hell of a spell. And now he was breathing in quick pants, his face screwing up like he was scared or in pain. His worry ratcheting up, Dean started to slide his hand down to Cas's back to rub a comforting circle over it, but Cas pulled away.

Fine, that was fine. Cas didn't want him touching him. That was just...fine.

Cas was also babbling about changing history, and Dean stared at him blankly as he tried to make sense of it. It sounded like this Cas was from his future, which didn't make any sense at all. Dean was just getting the hang of this multiple universes thing. He really didn't get where the hell time travel factored in. On the other hand, it explained how everything had apparently gone to shit in the week he'd been gone.

Cas faded in and out, sending another jolt of adrenaline through him. But apparently he couldn't leave, at least not that way.

"Whoa, hold up," Dean said, grabbing Cas's arm again before remembering that Cas didn't want him to do that and pulling away. But Cas still looked panicked and disoriented and Dean settled for resting his hand on the back of the passenger seat. "Are they still after you? 'Cause I don't know what the hell future me is up to, but let me tell you, Cas, current me is not gonna let anything happen to you. Okay?"

Except Cas was still reaching for the door. Instead of trying to hold him back, because even fucked up from some angel spell Cas was far stronger than he'd ever be, Dean popped his own door open to meet him outside the car. "Come on, buddy," he begged. "Talk to me."
Supernatural-8th season?

56 Posts
6 Threads
Moon

Cas was so deep in his own head that he didn't even notice the upset he caused by his attempt to hide his own fear. If he had- well he would have pulled that hand back to make his feelings clear.

Cas sighed with a tired smile tugging at the corners of his mouth. He had forgotten what it felt like to have someone so irrevocably on your side- the past two years had been less than easy for everyone involved. Glancing up at Dean he sighed again. "What are you ever doing? Probably trying to get yourself killed for strangers." He found himself leaning back into the brace of Dean's arm on his seat unintentionally. He was surprised at himself for seeking the warmth- especially as his overly warm self started to cool.

Castiel watched as Dean popped the door to follow him- before wincing slightly- Dean didn't want him to leave- and he would follow him if he tried to leave. Considering he couldn't fly anymore, Dean might actually manage to keep pace.. He groaned slightly, rubbing at his forehead- Cas had known for six years that Dean Winchester would be the death of him- but it was getting a little ridiculous. "Things went to shit- All of us angered others- though Crowley I believe was the only one who did it on purpose- and I don't know whether or not I should risk the future I came from to try and save us all from those poor decisions."

He rolled his eyes- wondering vaguely whether that would be an unfamiliar image for Dean. It was surprising how quick the millenia old angel had changed after meeting the hunter- and continued to change. "It's like-" Cas started, tightening his lips for a moment as he tried to come up with a proper analogy. "When The Flash goes back in time to save his mother and accidentally changes the universe completely so that his girlfriend doesn't speak to her father anymore." He offered, completely serious.

Castiel paused. "Or perhaps- Like Fry in futurama who accidentally became his own grandfather by returning to the past and sleeping with his grandmother." He added with a decisive nod. "But much alike when I had Balthazar save the titanic- I have reasons to believe there would be much larger repercussions in our world. More than myself accidentally sleeping with an ancestor- Considering I only have one and I wouldn't know where to find him, nears impossibility- or upsetting the balance between a significant other and their parent- since I have no significant other that is also highly unlikely." (And the person I'm currently interested in doesn't have any living parents.)

He put a hand to his chin, staring off into space for a moment as he tried to remember any other good references that might help Dean to understand.
Supernatural-N/A

67 Posts
5 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Jasmine

Thankfully, instead of jumping out of the car, Cas smiled slightly and leaned back into his seat. It meant he was kinda-sorta leaning into Dean's arm, and Dean went still, afraid that if Cas noticed he might pull away again. He still wanted to wrap Cas in a hug, or maybe a blanket, but figured he should settle for not having to chase him down the street.

"I don't try to get myself killed," Dean protested perfunctorily. He frowned slightly as Cas elaborated. Things went to shit? That sure as hell didn't sound like the Cas he knew. Also, saying they'd all angered somebody was probably the least helpful description of any problem Cas could have made, considering that it was hard to find any point in their recent history where him or Cas or Sam hadn't pissed anybody off. "Cas, what the hell are you--" Dean started to say, but Cas was still going, explaining how meddling with the past could change the future. (Which, of course, hadn't been even remotely what Dean had wanted to know.)

Also, The Flash? Futurama? That didn't sound like Cas either.

"Look, Cas, I get the picture," Dean said, cutting him off. "Changing the past fucks up the future. I know. I was there for the whole Titanic thing, remember?" He tried not to be annoyed that Cas was talking to him like he was an idiot. Sam, he expected that from, but usually not Cas. He shook his head. "I was asking you to tell me what's going on with you. Like, whose ass I'm gonna have to kick for hitting you with this bad mojo and if you're safe now or we gotta start moving." He paused, but couldn't just let his next thought lie. "Also, uh... did somebody get you a Netflix subscription or what?"
Supernatural-8th season?

56 Posts
6 Threads
Moon

Castiel looked Dean down at that comment. "In my time, you have recently asked me to kill you so I have reason to not believe you." He replied seriously with a bit of a glare. He leaned his head back further, aware that it was at least partially resting on Dean's arm now.

He glared even harder at being cut off. "I was trying to explain to you- Dean- That I cannot tell you." Cas said, enunciating every single syllable. "How am I to know that you won't target these people upon meeting them- for something they have not yet decided to do?" He queried- knowing for a fact that he certainly would do exactly that if he knew someone would harm Dean in such a manner- Screw the consequences. Castiel had done many things over the years that were not the smartest decisions- solely for the purpose of helping Dean and Sam. "So unfortunately I cannot tell you what is happening with me past- cursed by a witch- tortured by angels- stuck in the past." He said with a certain level of finality.

Castiel sighed deeply as Dean asked about his safety. "Thank you Dean. But I believe I am the only angel of seraph level who is currently in any state for time travel. I am not certain of any non-angels who are capable of doing the same." He replied with a calmness that he didn't truly feel. The curse exerted the last of it's control with a sudden tightness around his throat. He gave a short pitiful yell before cutting it off with a strangled choke- not wanting to rupture Dean's ear drums. He panted with exertion before throwing open his door, stumbling to the side of the road, and gagging as his human body pulled on long forgotten instincts and sent the small pool of stomach acid he possessed hurtling up his throat.

Feeling the last of the curse leave his body he took a moment to breath deeply, and spitting as he had seen others do to clear the taste from his mouth. Bile was even less pleasing to the mouth at a molecular level- though he supposed it likely felt less unpleasant than for those who were human. Swallowing hard he turned to Dean. "I may be suffering some unfortunate side effects, but I am" Castiel avoided adding a few modifiers to the end of his statement. "Safe." As much as any of them ever were.

He tried to suppress a surprised smile before replying. "Unfortunately I have been a bit too busy to stay caught up on my references- But there was a rather annoying angel who downloaded a library of pop culture references into my brain." If anything good had come from metatron- Castiel supposed that would be it. He could make references that would make Dean smile now.
Supernatural-N/A

67 Posts
5 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Jasmine

"I asked you to kill me?" Dean repeated quietly, wondering what the fuck could've happened that he would have asked that of Cas. Not that it was their most pressing issue at the moment. He had to admit that Cas was right--at least about him going after the bastards who had hurt Cas so much. He was less inclined to agree that not telling him was a good idea. Who cared if it changed Cas's past? It was still Dean's future, and Cas was family. "Forget that. Just let me help you. Who cares what changes? Sounds like the future sucks ass anyway."

Cas was also leaning his head against Dean's arm now, which surprised him considering how Cas had reacted to his touch before. It could only mean he was in even worse shape than he was trying to let on.

A possibility made even more real by Cas's sudden exit from the car to retch unproductively on the sidewalk. Dean followed quickly, kneeling beside Cas to rub his back soothingly, like he had anytime Sam had been sick as a kid. Cas still felt shaky under his hands, and Dean felt another wave of worry mixed with a desire to find whoever had done this and rip their lungs out.

"Hey. It's good you're safe," he said, his hand still on Cas's back. He rubbed his thumb absentmindedly over the curve of Cas's spine. The truth was, he'd never seen the angel this bad off, not even in Purgatory. "What do you say we head back to the bunker, hmm? You look like you could use, uh, a break. Maybe watch some of that TV you know all about now."
Supernatural-8th season?

56 Posts
6 Threads
Moon

Castiel winced slightly. The retort had the intended effect- but had brought up a number of questions that he couldn't answer. He shook his head in dismissal of the topic, content to let Dean think what he will.

Instead he chose to raise an eyebrow at Dean's insistence. With another shake of the head, Cas explained. "Even though yes- the future may 'suck ass'" He added in air quotes for good measure. "You are Alive" Castiel paused for a second- that in and of itself was enough. Dean was alive. "Sam is alive. Crowley is alive. I am alive. As far as I'm concerned, that is everything that matters."

He paused before correcting himself gruffly. "I don't care about Crowley but you two seem to be something like friends at spots and I figured I may as well pass on his continued existence."

"But the point is, Your lives have been close enough to teetering over to the edge of death- that I would not choose to change my predicament if it meant there was a chance of you- and your brother- not making it."

Castiel felt better and much worse after gagging in such a fashion- the better coming from the freedom from being cursed, and Dean's hand rubbing his back. For a moment he was flushed with shame before remembering that Dean could not see the ruined state of his wings. With that memory, he allowed himself to appreciate the feeling of Dean's thumb down the protruding parts of his spine.

He hesitated only for a second when Dean offered to take him back to the bunker and watch TV with him. Castiel knew he ought to say no and focus on returning to his own time but father above he just wanted to feel less alone. He allowed the selfishness to guide his actions and replied. Taking a moment first to school his expression into his old one of cluelessness.

"Do you mean that we can watch the show with the pizza man and the babysitter?" Cas asked, watching Dean's face carefully for a moment before giving a soft, if weak, smile instead.

"I am joking of course, though TV at the bunker sounds excellent. Do you have any shows that you particularly enjoy watching? I promise not to spoil the future seasons for you." Castiel offered as he straightened back up and did his best to act as though his body hadn't just been trying to disgorge it's contents.
Supernatural-N/A

67 Posts
5 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Jasmine

Dean kept rubbing Cas's back lightly, vaguely aware that he'd never done so before but seemingly unable to stop himself. (It didn't mean anything, he reminded himself. He'd done it for Sam plenty of times, even for his dad a few times when he'd come home concussed and unable to keep anything down. It had absolutely nothing to do with the fact that it felt pretty nice to run his fingers over Cas's well-muscled back, even as beat up as he was.)

"Crowley?" Dean muttered skeptically, wrinkling his nose as Cas went on. "Friends? Ugh." The last they'd seen Crowley, he'd kidnapped Kevin and cut off his fingers. And Cas's alliance with Crowley had been what had ultimately come near to killing him the year before. If Dean was...friends with Crowley, there was definitely some fucked up shit coming their way.

When Cas brought up the porno, Dean froze, his hand still on Cas's spine. The thought of Cas watching porn--hell, of watching porn with Cas--made something in him lurch with interest. But obviously that wasn't okay, and it was even less okay because Cas was hurt so bad and he was relying on Dean to take care of him. Except there was the question of why Cas wanted to watch porn with him alone and now he was thinking about some of those dreams he'd had about Cas and nothing good could possibly come of any of this at all. There were a thousand reasons he couldn't go there.

He was so relieved when Cas admitted--uncharacteristically--that he'd been joking that Dean let out a sharp guffaw. Of course it had been a joke. Anyway, t was much easier to believe that Cas's sense of humor had changed than that Cas was actually interested in...any of that, really. Let alone with him. As Cas straightened, he reached out a hand to help him to his feet.

"You know what, Cas, whatever you want to watch is fine by me."

He still wasn't satisfied with Cas's non-explanation explanation about what had happened, but Cas still looked like shit warmed over, and he figured the best thing he could do would be to get Cas back to the bunker. He could figure out what the hell to do about the problem from there.
Supernatural-8th season?

56 Posts
6 Threads
Moon

Cas let out a broken laugh. He had forgotten that this Dean hadn't started dealing with Crowley consistently yet- that the boys had yet to turn him mostly human and decide he wasn't terrible. It was almost nice- even though he had recently tried his best not to kill the King of Hell and didn't actually hate him.

He didn't notice for a moment that Dean's hand had stilled on his back at the mention of porn. Cas wondered what that might mean, but the blank look on Dean's face offered no answers. The Angel desperately wished to reach out and read what the other was thinking, but he knew that his friend would be angry at him.

The harsh laugh ruffled Castiel's feathers though. Did Dean think he was incapable of understanding or enjoying sex? Was that such a ridiculous concept? Dean rarely if ever found him that funny so it had to be something like that. "I have had sex before." He said abruptly as he took the offered hand to get back up.

Thinking of shows he furrowed his brow in concentration. "Perhaps... Hmm. I do not know. I cannot think of anything that is not tainted by the knowledge of monsters. Maybe something akin to Dawson's Creek?"
Supernatural-N/A

67 Posts
5 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Jasmine

Dean almost dropped him. Instead, he froze, his hand still in Cas's until his brain caught up to what was going on and he pulled it sharply away. Talk about a fuckin' non-sequitur. Except, it wasn't quite, because Cas only blurted this out after Dean had laughed at his porno joke. Still, it didn't make any damn sense.

"Uh, what?" he said, fixing Cas with a truly baffled stare. It was weird enough that he'd brought it up. It was weirder still to think of the angel banging someone, when just a couple years ago he'd very placidly claimed to never have been with a woman. Dean wondered who it had been, and had to shove down a surge of jealousy. Cas was his friend, and nothing more, never had been, not even after months together in Purgatory. He couldn't let his own panties get twisted in a bunch just because Cas had finally found someone...else. (It was hypocritical of him, too, considering sleeping with the green chick had been one of the first things he'd done upon arriving at the Hub.) He cleared his throat awkwardly, and tried not to wonder if it was a long term thing or if Cas had just started sleeping around. Or maybe it had been something different, something special. Somehow he didn't like that idea much either. "I mean, that's good for you and all, but, uh, why are you telling me about your sexcapades now?"

The rest of what Cas had said barely registered, but he added,He was still planning on looking up whatever mojo had been done to Cas as soon as they got back. Didn't matter what was playing in the background. He turned back to the car and reminded himself forcefully that whatever Cas did on his own time wasn't any of Dean's business and it never would be.
Supernatural-8th season?

56 Posts
6 Threads
Moon

Castiel was unsurprised when Dean froze and found the footing required to stabilize himself, even though he didn't drop Dean's hand at that point. He allowed Dean to retrieve his hand from Cas's grip with a bit of reluctance. The Angel was entirely enamoured with every part of Dean and was loathe to part with them willingly- especially when the hunter implied so strongly that Castiel and sex was about the most ludicrous combination in the world.

He gave Dean a moment to finish his thought past 'what'- Cas knew he could be more eloquent then that if he chose. Though being fair sexcapades was not the word he had been anticipating. With an acknowledging nod he followed Dean back to the car and elaborated. "You laughed in a fashion that implied you thought that the idea of me choosing porn was unfathomable. Since you were also the one who did not wish me to die a virgin I thought you may wish to know of my future success." He said simply.

Climbing back into the impala he added on. "Though she stabbed me afterwards." Castiel mused while returning to what to watch- perhaps not porn but he could suggest something that might pass a message on to Dean. "Perhaps Brokeback Mountain?"
Supernatural-N/A

67 Posts
5 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Jasmine

Sometimes he really didn't get Cas. Like, really really didn't get him. The Cas he knew was a weird guy, mostly in a not-understanding-human-things-kind of way, which was fine. He said and did things that just didn't make sense if you were coming at them from a human angle. But this? This wasn't angel-out-of-water weird. This was... Cas trying to prove he wasn't the same socially awkward virgin angel Dean had come to expect by going on and on about sex. It reminded him eerily of the Cas he'd met in Zachariah's whacked out future, and he shuddered slightly at the thought that it was 2014 in Cas's timeline.

He stoutly ignored the uncomfortable pull in his gut that came from the idea that Cas had slept with some chick (let alone one who had freaking stabbed him). It was just weird that Cas was talking about it, was all. Or maybe it was that the chick had stabbed him, because obviously, that was no good. Those were the only things he could be upset about. Cas was his friend and it wasn't like he got any special say in who he was fucking. Anyway, Cas had made it pretty clear in Purgatory that whatever Dean felt for him--not that Dean could exactly define it himself--Cas didn't feel the same. He'd hidden from him, ignored Dean's prayers for months on end, then let go when Dean was THAT close to getting them both out. He had to remind himself of that. He couldn't afford to fuck up his friendship with Cas by reading too much into anything when it was beyond clear there could be nothing there.

And then-- "Brokeback Mountain."

Dean stared blankly at him. Obviously, Cas knew what it was thanks to his pop culture enema, but why he was bringing it up now...

Had to be a joke. Like the porn thing. This new version of Cas just really liked sex jokes, and talking about his own exploits, like some kind of overgrown angelic 12-year-old.

So he just laughed as he started the engine and said, "Really, Cas? You know that's not a movie you watch with another dude, right? God, that's even worse than Casa Erotica."
Supernatural-8th season?

56 Posts
6 Threads
Moon

Castiel watched Dean from the corner of his eyes as he waited for a reply. He didn't know what he was expecting but he felt his throat close and mouth dry as Dean simply didn't respond. Dean just- didn't care. It had meant the world to Castiel that when he came back, Dean was there, worried and happy to see him breathing and Castiel thought for just a moment that it meant something and there might be a future.

But of course that was a delusion and didn't even remotely matter. Dean had no interest in him- as was very obvious to the angel now as Dean ignored what he had to say. Castiel felt a bit of a sigh sneaking up his throat before forcing it back down. This was nothing new. Cas was used to it- And yet his six years with Dean had been full of more heart ache than all the time previous.

Castiel focused on his hands while Dean started the engine and laughed at him again in a fashion that he couldn't help but feel was unnecessary. Opening his mouth the Angel replied softly. "And why not? What's wrong with wanting to watch that with you?" He said around a swollen lump in his throat. All Castiel wanted to know was what was so wrong with his feelings for Dean?

He knew better than to expect anything in return from Dean. He thought he had come to accept that- and yet, perhaps since this was the first time he had been with him that there wasn't anything to distract himself with- it was all he could think about. "Sorry to pop in on you like this."
Supernatural-N/A

67 Posts
5 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Jasmine

"And why not? What's wrong with wanting to watch that with you?"

Dean's laugh, which had been halfhearted at best, died as quickly as it had come. Cas sounded earnest and confused and...hurt? It didn't make any sense and Dean was left feeling like a rug had been pulled out from under him. This was not a conversation he'd expected to have with Cas...ever. Any other time Cas had brought up porn or whatever, he'd shut up pretty quickly once Dean had told him to cut it out. He'd never continued the conversation before, and Dean found himself struggling for words. He didn't want to hurt Cas's feelings but honestly this was way more than he could handle. The possibilities it raised were just...impossible, and beyond that they forced Dean to think about a part of himself he'd spent the last 34 years learning to ignore. Dean Winchester didn't do chick flicks with anyone, let alone gay cowboy flicks with his best friend.

"It's just...not...something you do," Dean said awkwardly after a pause that was probably too long. He was hyper aware of how close Cas was to him, how easily he could reach out and touch him. The rest of what Cas said was much easier to respond to. He smiled reassuringly as he said,. "But hey, forget about it, okay? I'm glad you're here. And I'm gonna get you back to the bunker and get you cleaned up, okay? You look like you've been through a freaking blender."
Supernatural-8th season?

56 Posts
6 Threads
Moon

Castiel was bitterly grateful when Dean's laugh cut off- at least the Hunter had stopped unintentionally laughing at the Angel's carefully tended emotions. For an angel to culture feelings was akin to trying to grow wheat in barren soil- not strictly speaking impossible- but so difficult that when something did result of the action, it was worth so much more. Cas shook his head imperceptibly. "I would have thought you would be unconcerned about societal expectations- Because speaking clearly, it is also 'Not something you do' for an angel to befriend a human." He added a nod of acknowledgement. "Though I suppose that may have more to do with me than with you."

The angel knew he was a poor example of his kind- He had become human, in more than physical nature. He did not have the same strength to his convictions as he had once upon a time- He also knew that his siblings could not comprehend that were he to sit down and take a millennia to explain. Castiel focused on the here and now. He would have to sleep and eat- things that were strictly speaking not required, but would likely help him gather the energy to recover and return to his time.

He ducked another nod at Dean's comment. "Perhaps if that blender was equipped with blades forged from angel swords." Cas offered blandly. If this Dean only found him amusing when he did not want to be, Castiel would stop attempting to make jokes. There must be a difference between 'lightening up' and 'screwing around'. (That was a bad joke- Of course there was. Castiel knew this- But Dean of 2012 was clearly unprepared for Cas to lighten up and thus saw it as screwing around. Castiel could live with that.)

"I am also grateful to be here." With you, Castiel added silently. He would have to think over his options but he supposed he could spend a period of time in this place before returning- The past and future need not run concurrently, and he would still be able to return to the moment of his departure. With a sigh he turned to Dean. "It seems my suggestions have been unhelpful- Do you have something you think that I should see for myself?"
Supernatural-N/A

67 Posts
5 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Jasmine

"I would have thought you would be unconcerned about societal expectations- Because speaking clearly, it is also 'Not something you do' for an angel to befriend a human. Though I suppose that may have more to do with me than with you."

Dean was getting the distinct feeling he'd fucked up. Somehow. Again. Now, on top of sounding pained and exhausted, now he just sounded sad. Great job, Winchester, he grumbled internally at himself. Some friend you are. But Cas had never seemed to mind Dean's ribbing about his weird angel quirks before, the human customs he missed the mark on, and Dean was mystified as to why he was taking it so personally now. The first time Cas had suggested watching porn all together Dean had shot him down just as quickly.

He pulled into the street, glad for something else to at least marginally focus on as he said, "Look, man, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to..." he trailed off, still not entirely sure what he'd done. "...hurt your feelings," he finished lamely. "And who cares if it's you or me, you're still the best friend I've got and I'm glad you dropped in too. The other you--my time you--went off with that Looney Tunes guy and we haven't seen him in weeks. Honestly, after all that time in Purgatory, it kinda sucks ass."

He winced at the angel sword line. Cas had been...distracting...enough with all his "jokes" that Dean had almost forgotten what bad shape he was in. But the reminder sent a mix of guilt and worry thrumming through him, and he glanced at him with concern as he headed down the road toward the Kansas portion of the Hub. "Watch whatever you want. Do Brokeback Mountain if that's really what your heart desires. Just tell me, how bad is this really? Is rest gonna do it? Are you cut off from Heaven again or what?"
Supernatural-8th season?

56 Posts
6 Threads
Moon

Castiel hummed softly at the apology. He should have known better than to express his emotions so strongly- this Dean had never spoken to Castiel the human, he was unused to a seraph who expressed such feeling. "It is not truly your fault- I too must apologize, I should have known better than expect you to be prepared for responses that in your time I have not yet developed fully." He offered softly in reply, looking out his window at the ground that was passing by- not surprised to see that they were nearing the bunker already. If Dean was truly accurate in his description of their location- then Cas had no idea what to expect in the first place.

He winced slightly at the description of the him of Dean's time. "Yes- Metatron. The aforementioned annoying angel who downloaded a library of pop culture references into my brain. If it makes you feel better, in retrospect I would have much rather I had stayed with you." In general he would much rather have been with Dean. Castiel winced slightly, thinking about how much better the world would be if he had never gone off with Metatron- of course, Metatron may have found another patsy given time, but none so desperate to fight back against Naomi as Castiel had been.

Listening carefully to Dean's question, Castiel pursed his lips thoughtfully for a moment before answering. "I do not believe I have been cut off from heaven- and I believe I will be able to recover given rest- but it's not like I've been in this situation before." Castiel rolled his neck with a groan, listening to the cracks of his bones at the movement. "I think perhaps- if you are not interested in watching a show, I may just lie down and sleep." The seraph thought for a moment to ask Dean to launder his coat before remembering that he had only his button up shirt, and no tie, suit jacket, or trench coat. "Though if I may press you for assistance, I think it best that I be chained up in case the spell exerts control over me- and that I should likely be in a place where you can watch me so that you can help me if I hurt myself by moving while sleeping restrained."