DC-DCTVU-1

269 Posts
14 Threads
Job: PA/Magician
Ship Status: Single with Complications
Sexual Orientation: Pan-Romantic
Nyte

All Accounts Posts: 755
The day had been going pretty well, too.

Chris had finished the ballerina music box he had been making for Belle, and she worked marvelously. She was magical, of course, but not ‘alive’ like so many of his other creations. And unlike many of his toys that he had always made, the ballerina, all metal, wasn’t the clockwork sort of design; she was metal, a soft pewter figurine, with articulated joints that were hidden, leaving the figurine, dressed in a draped gown rather than traditional ballerina attire, looking more natural. She also had a face of her own and lovely red locks, and lacked the LED lights that many of his creations had. Safi said they were creepy, and Christian had grumpily agreed… And he didn’t want to give Belle a creepy gift, not that she’d ever say anything, but still! She waved and curtsied and danced gracefully to the music when the box opened. She would never tire, never need winding or batteries, and she responded when you spoke to her or clapped for her, of course, but she wasn’t alive the way Jonah and some of the others were.

Placing the music box in a small cardboard box he’d taken from Lexcorp before it had been put into the compactor for this purpose, Chris closed it up with a few crumpled up newspapers, and had headed out to go to Hub before Safi came back from the gym, mostly because he didn’t want to interrupt Safi’s day with a trip to a perfectly safe place, and also because he really didn't want to facilitate Safi spending this day in particular with Tony Stark.

He had almost made it out of the mansion before he saw Tony walking down the hall, and right there, that one innocuous, innocent thing had demolished Christian’s levity. Chris had put on his nicest, most polite smile, given Tony a polite nod, and had wished him a good afternoon before all but tearing the rest of the way out of the mansion and spending the rest of the way to the Green Goddess cursing the other man’s name.

And he had sat down to wait for Belle, ordered one of the brilliantly blue Romulan ales to drink, and now sat at the bar, box placed gingerly before him on the bartop as he waited, grousing to Nala as she stood behind the bar, “He’s a complete jerk, you know. Every time I see him, I just…” Chris wrinkled his nose, and Nala arched a brow, “Who is a jerk to you, honey?”

Chris grimaced, “Tony Stark. The man’s an absolute menace! I could compose entire ballads about much I want to punch him in his stupid perfect teeth.”
Marvel-MCU-1

276 Posts
8 Threads
Job: Billionaire Superhero
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation: yes
Kel

All Accounts Posts: 904
Tony Stark was spending his dead lover's birthday at a whore house. How perfectly fucked up. At least he wasn't getting drunk alone, Jaya and her ladies would make sure he wasn't rolled or you know slip into a coma which was looking more and more attractive as the day went on.

He was also used to people cursing him, just not here which was why his head shot up “Well fuck you too!” Diplomatic? No. But he was three sheets gone and looking for a fourth. Plus he hadn't DONE anything!
DC-DCTVU-1

269 Posts
14 Threads
Nyte

Christian was spending his own birthday at a whore house, waiting for his sister to have a free moment so he could give her a gift.

He didn’t live a lonely, lonely life at all.

But this was the only life he had, so he was doing his best. And it had been going just fine today until he’d managed to see the one person who could ruin his day just by existing. Tony goddamned Stark. Why had they had to stay in the man’s mansion? Because, Safi had said, it was a mansion. Well, Christian had grown up poor and he wasn’t impressed with some guy’s big, lonely, house! Just like he wasn’t impressed with the man’s fluffy hair, perfect stupid teeth, beautiful face, or hot body. Nope. Not impressed. So he complained to Nala.

”Well fuck you too!”

Christian’s head snapped up and around, because… That voice sounded so damn familiar… “Huh?” Who… How? “It’s not like I’m lying!” He wasn’t quite bristling, he was simply defending his statement! “Being pretty and having pretty much enough money to qualify as your own country doesn’t mean you’re a good person. I don’t care how blue your eyes are or that you can control technology with your screwed up brain!” Chris scowled, returning his attention to his drink, “It’s a mansion, Safi said. It’ll be fine, Safi said. I just had to see him today, of all days, why did I have to see him today?”
Marvel-MCU-1

276 Posts
8 Threads
Ship Status:
Kel

“Hey! It's doesn't automatically make you a bad one either!” Tony was fighting the juvenile urge to just flip him off-

Wait blue eyes?

Tech with his brain?

“Oh THAT Stark. Yeah he's a dick.” Tony picked up his drink moving around the giant ball of fur that was between him and his biggest fan. “So-” Tony paused, closed his eyes, counted to ten, opened them again. Yep still young version of himself bitching about...himself.

“Fuck.” Tony shot back his whiskey gestured to Nala to refill and sat his ass down. “Lemme guess: Just inherited the company, trying to pretend to be sober.”
DC-DCTVU-1

269 Posts
14 Threads
Nyte

“No, but that’s pretty much all of him.” The words were spoken darkly, a comment made out of irritation rather than an actual truth.

That Stark? “Oh Jesus help me, there’s more than one??” Chris turned to ask the…

Wait, what?! Blinking at the...other him… (With a goatee. A freaking goatee. What the hell, was this really happening?) Christian watched as he (not him him, the other him. And this was going to get SO confusing…) blinked, or rather, closed his eyes for a few moments, leaving Christian to do what he could to not squirm.

Once Tony (because of course this was another Tony Stark, because this was his life) sat down next to him, Christian turned back and finished his drink. Ignore the fact that this guy looked so damn much like him. Ignore that... "At least I get to age well. Keep my hair." he muttered the words, not really meaning them to be heard, but he was feeling the alcohol already.

Romulan ale did its work very well, and very quickly, as he’d learned not so long ago. “Uh… No, he’s… He seems pretty well settled. And he doesn’t drink, not anymore. Which isn’t a bad thing, not really, just…” Chris frowned, “Maybe if he did, if he had some sort of obvious flaw, maybe Safi wouldn’t like him so damn much.” And therein lie the true problem, of course.
Marvel-MCU-1

276 Posts
8 Threads
Ship Status:
Kel

“Yep looks like three of us now.” Tony rolled his eyes, “Well yes. All natural too.” Sure he had his share of lines from age and riding hard, but he -”Still make sexiest man alive 4 out of the last five years.” He'd lost to Thor once, which he maintained didn't count cuz,’; god.

Wait what? “No, you. Me. Us. Not douchenozzle.” Tony waves at his younger self, “unless mom and Howard are alive still?” He asked half hopefully.
DC-DCTVU-1

269 Posts
14 Threads
Nyte

Three? Oh man… But at least this version of Tony Stark who looked like him (which made Stark’s question about if he were Tony Stark in his world make so, so much more sense) seemed nicer? Yeah. A lot nicer, actually, than the blue eyed S.O.B. back at the mansion. Chris had to chuckle at the response, and then blinked at the idea of winning sexiest man alive not once, but 4 times. Damn. “You did??” He looked at Tony, frowning, “Well damn. How’s it that Safi likes Stark more than me, then?”

Why was this even his life?!

He was talking to himself about Safi not liking him the way that he wanted Safi to like him.

Him? Chris blinked slowly at Tony, the names (sort of) settling on him. He knew who Tony was talking about. Of course he did. “Um…” Chris winced, “I’m not… I mean. My parents died before I could even form memories.” He shook his head, “And I’m… My name is Christian. Chris. We look...like exactly the same, but…” He gave Tony a small smile, “And it’s so weird, because I’ve meet Captain America, too, and Safi looks just like him… But better. Hotter. Safi has a beard. Which is damn sexy on him. I’m not normally one to… But it’s totally him. And amazing.” Chris blinked and blushed just slightly when he realized he was rambling. “Sorry. So you’re the Tony Stark that the other one thought I was, I take it? I really, really sort of hate him.”
Marvel-MCU-1

276 Posts
8 Threads
Ship Status:
Kel

Tony let the incredulous exclamation roll off him, fuck this doppelgänger if he didn't think Tony deserved that award.

“I don't know Safi from Adam, but sometimes even my charms don't quite hit the mark. Yes I know shocking that my delightful personality rubs some folk the wrong way, but there it is.” He tisked. Glancing down at his empty drink he signaled Nala for something non alcoholic. He knew how to moderate, and fuck if he was going to get shit faced enough to go crawling to the wrong Steve.

He'd like to pretend he had some pride after all.

“So you're an orphan. Hummm, nothing saying you aren't originally a Stark.” He pointed out, sipping his smoothie.

Only to snort it up the wrong pipe- “Wait what seriously?!?” Tony just…

“How is this even my life.” He muttered, rubbing his chest absently. “Yeah yeah taller us is a dick. This is known.”
DC-DCTVU-1

269 Posts
14 Threads
Nyte

The idea of enough people finding him that sexy was just… Well, it was shocking, but delightful? But it did beg the question of if he were so good looking, why did Safi immediately start flirting with blue eyed Tony Stark instead of him? Chris had seen the way the taller man had looked at the newcomer, he had seen it, hated it, and hated the new guy for it.

“Oh! Well of course you don’t know Safi! He’s from my universe!” Chris grinned warmly as he pulled out his phone, opened an app, and flipped through the myriad of pictures he kept there. He went past several of Safi, not liking them as much before he settled on one where Safi was sitting back, relaxed, Jonah had been at his feet, bumping him to play, but Chris had asked Safi to smile for Belle, and Safi had. It was, perhaps, terribly domestic, but it was also one of his favorite pictures of the larger man. “Safi.” The tone that he used was the sort of tone reserved for people a person really, truly cared about, close close friends and family, warm and filled with affection.

Nothing saying… Chris blinked, then slowly shrugged, “I suppose not? But I’ve only heard of them through comic books growing up.” The admission was spoken with a wince, “Sorry.”

“Seriously what?” Chris blinked at Tony, half reaching to pat him and make sure he was okay, but aborting the motion halfway through before he touched the other man; he didn’t know this man, not really, even if he did sort of look like a mirror of him, albeit a bit older and with a goatee.

He sort of liked the way the guy looked with a goatee. How come he couldn’t seem to grow one??

“I ask that same question pretty much daily.” Taller us. Christian made a quiet coughing noise, “Oh god, that… That is so much worse than him only being Iron Man. Please just… Don’t call him ‘us’. I can’t even.”
Marvel-MCU-1

276 Posts
8 Threads
Ship Status:
Kel

Tony contemplated for a moment the idea that if he hadn't been a billionaire he'd never have gotten as much ass as he had. Taking anoth er good look atrmb

his younger counterpart Tony shook his head; na he'd always had the potential, the money had just made things easier.

Oh look another him pining over another Steve, yes yes that did deserve a face palm.

“Tony Stark is me. I am Ironman. You-” he waved at the younger...shorter? Version of him. “Are also me, ergo-” Tony chugged his smoothie, “‘us’”
DC-DCTVU-1

269 Posts
14 Threads
Nyte

Christian couldn’t really say that he would have agreed with Tony’s assessment. Mostly because he had always struggled when it came to having any sort of romantic relationship. Or rather, he simply hadn’t seemed to make it terribly far in any sort of romantic relationship. He had dated, of course, but…

The sudden facepalm from the other man earned a blink, and Chris looked down to the picture, “It’s a good picture. And it even has Jonah in it…” he defended the image with a frown. He flipped to another one where Safi was being all very serious in his bodyguard persona. It was only funny because Christian finally knew Safi well enough to know that this wasn’t how Safi really was, but… He was very dashing in the picture, never mind the man he was showing around the party they were working at was also quite good looking. “Here, you like this one better?”

Yes, the man was Tony Stark, and Tony Stark was also Iron Man.

”You are also me…”

Chris blinked, “Wait, uh… I’m me. Let me count all the ways that I’m not you…” Chris looked at Tony, “We do look a lot alike, though.”
Marvel-MCU-1

276 Posts
8 Threads
Ship Status:
Kel

Tony batted the phone away, “yeah I know what Steve or Safi looks like. Beard is not even new.” He muttered morosely into his smoothie.

“Jonah?” He glanced back all he saw was a roomba? No not even he was sad enough to name a roomba.

“Eh. Me you. Us. Timey whimey wibble wobbble.” Tony waved off his younger counter parts disclaimer, “close enough. So.” Tony half turned to him “stuck? Passing through? What's the story?”
DC-DCTVU-1

269 Posts
14 Threads
Nyte

Christian actually rolled his eyes. “There are differences between Steve and Safi.” If he spoke just a touch stiffly, well, that could be because he was fairly certain that the Tony they’d met upon arriving here in Hub saw Steve when he looked at Safi, and Safi was not Steve Rogers. He was Safi.

“Jonah.” Chris nodded, gesturing to the roomba, “He’s the robot.” Christian shrugged, “I made him. He likes the games that Safi plays with him.”

Us. Yeah… Okay, maybe a little bit. Tony asked about their situation, and Chris considered how to answer the question. He didn’t really want to admit to Tony Stark that he did magic, not knowing that the man had an innate dislike of magic and those who used it, but neither was Christian going to lie about it, either. “Well, there’s… We have the ability to go back and forth. There’s a portal in a tree in the park in Gotham, and… There’s another in Central, which is the one we use more often. So we split our time between the two. It’s nice here.”
Marvel-MCU-1

276 Posts
8 Threads
Ship Status:
Kel

“And there's differences between us and The Blue eyed dick.” He shot back. “Still-” he pointed at Chris “Tony Stark, pinning over-” he pointed at Safi’s picture, “Steve Rogers.” His face was resting on his palm when his finger swiveled back to point at himself “And fuck my life.”

A robot? “A roomba? Made your own? Not a thing in your world? Or enhanced him?” He shot out the questions rapid fire, curiosity his besetting sin.

Wait he time commuted? Well hell why not. “You know if you're not well off in your world this is th perfect gig to make a killing.”
DC-DCTVU-1

269 Posts
14 Threads
Nyte

Christian went to replied, considered what Tony had said, then blinked and paused. “I never said I was pining. And even if I am, I’ll pine over whoever I’d like to.” Chris sighed, “I just wish he didn’t have to go and start sleeping with a freaking superhero.” Because really, how was Chris even supposed to think about competing with that?!

Jonah was a much easier, safer topic of discussion; Christian loved the little magical vacuum cleaner, and he was also quite proud of Jonah. “Yes, he’s a roomba. We have them, but they’re not very good...” Chris grinned, relaxing as he spoke on a topic he was confident and happy about, “So I bought two of them, and improved one of them by cannibalizing the second, as well as an old computer and some other random spare parts.” He shrugged, “So how he’s intelligent and can do his job much better.” Christian had considered asking Stark for help with improvements for Jonah, but the whole idea of that sort of left him feeling dirty… This Tony, though, didn’t seem so bad. Maybe, if they kept talking, and became… Friends-ish? He could broach the subject with him. Maybe.

A killing? Doing… He wasn’t sure what. “A killing doing what? I’m not sure I follow…”
Marvel-MCU-1

276 Posts
8 Threads
Ship Status:
Kel

Tony blinked at him. Did he really deny than ballsy own his pining? Wow he really was him.

“He with you?” Tony asked curiously, he'd be interested in giving the bot a once over. Be interesting to see what ‘he’ could do with a different background.

Annnndddd he definitely wasn't Tony Stark the business man; “Trade? Tech? ‘Invent’ things bring them home for fun and profit.”
DC-DCTVU-1

269 Posts
14 Threads
Nyte

Yes, yes he would deny that he was pining and then completely own it. Because if he wanted to pine over Safi, then who was Tony Stark or anyone else to stop or judge him for it?

“Oh yeah, he’s around, probably looking for something to clean up.” Christian purposely didn’t give just what sorts of messes that Jonah could find in the Goddess to clean, instead turning to give a quiet whistle. “He’ll come. Might take him a few moments to get here, especially if he’s distracted, but he’ll make his way over.” Jonah came ambling over to the pair, circling Christian’s seat several times before settling between them. Chris chuckled and motioned to Tony, “Tony, Jonah, Jonah, this is Tony.”

Trade… Technology.. Christian brightened, “Well, I don’t want to steal anyone’s inventions, but… Yes, that’s occurred to me. I wasn’t sure how willing to part with their knowledge and items that people here would be, though.”
Marvel-MCU-1

276 Posts
8 Threads
Ship Status:
Kel

“Is it stealing if they aren't going to use it.” Tony pointed out with cheerful capitalism. The whistle pulled a raised eyebrow from Tony, the little roomba batting at his ankles actually had his mouth raise in a little crooked amused smile. “Hey Jonah.” He didn't pick him up, as much as he wanted to, he waited for Chris to offer. “I made a few bots in college.” He offered.

“How old is he?”
DC-DCTVU-1

269 Posts
14 Threads
Nyte

“Taking something that belongs to someone else and claiming it as your own is stealing no matter the form it takes.” There was a stubborn belief in his words, and he frowned at Tony, “How would you like it if I did that to you?” And it was there, clear in his eyes, even if Chris wasn’t sober, that he would never, ever just… Do that. To anyone. Not to Tony, not to the blue eyed Stark, not to anyone. It just wasn’t right.

Chris reached down and scooped the little vacuum up, grinning with affection and bopped it on the top of its casing as though it were an honest to goodness person, setting him on the bartop and letting Jonah wheel his way over toward Tony to meet him. “He doesn’t mind being picked up as long as you don’t try to flip him over or take him apart.”

Shifting, Chris shrugged, doing the math in his mind, “Not that old. Almost a year, he’s still learning.” Chris looked down at his drink, hoping that Tony wasn’t going to ask about weaponizing Jonah, because honestly, Chris couldn’t handle that, couldn’t handle yet another person mentioning using his friend as a weapon, a tool for violence. Jonah was sweet and happy, and Christian wasn’t going to do a single thing to change that.
Marvel-MCU-1

276 Posts
8 Threads
Ship Status:
Kel

Tony just rolled his eyes, had he ever been that naive? He really hoped not.

Another sip of his drink reminded him he wasn't actually getting drunk….well shit. That needed to change. “Innovation isn’t stealing.” he thrust a finger at Chris. “You still have to make it work under your version of physics or what ever science it plays with. Thats time and effort. That means something.”

“I probably wouldnt give two shits because the whole point of this is what i wouldn’t know also-” Tony lifted an edge of the roomba to peek at the chassie- “If you COULD reverse engineer my tech than im not as good as i think and-” He flashed a charming grin. “That's just not possible.”

He set him down just in time to catch Chris’s admonishment, “Sorry lil buddy. You should come over and meet my first shots a robotic AIs.” He offered to both of them.