Dungeons and Dragons-Forgotten Realms

208 Posts
16 Threads
Job: Bard
Ship Status: Single
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Mike

All Accounts Posts: 713
Arjay had, on a few occasions, had people who decided that no, they were going to keep fighting at that point, which rather defeated the purpose of the fight. The point of the move wasn’t that he had her off her balance and at his mercy, naturally. The point was that, had he wanted to, he could have just decapitated her instead of stopping the sword at her throat. She was, for the intent of the fight right now, ‘dead.’

Thankfully, she seemed to be a good sport about it. With her weapons dropped, the sword in his hand moved ever so slightly, the edge coming away from her skin as he withdrew his arm. His arm held off to the side, he gave the blade a flick, shaking the blood loose from the enchanted blade, before he slid it neatly into its sheath.

All the while, he still didn’t let go of her, or give her leg purchase to regain her balance. If asked, he’d freely admit that he rather enjoyed the feel of her weight in his arm (although her leg felt… off, too heavy, which was rather confusing). He smiled down at her slyly as he ran a knuckle along her throat, brushing away the faint beading of blood where his sword had touched, a scratch that she might not even really be able to feel that she had. “I’m rather sure that you do,” he answered with good humor. “I would wager that I have more of an appreciation of the matter, though. You might be able to appreciate the beauty of it in front of a mirror, but I’m able to bask in it any time that I am merely in your presence.” Of course, looking wasn’t all he wanted. “And, naturally, it lets me do this,” he added, lifting her slightly as he leaned down.

Was there any way to really describe how someone kissed when they’d had centuries to practice it, and had made a pointed effort at getting it right? He wasn’t sure, but so far no one had been able to coherently do so after being given one. His kiss was confident, skillful in a way that one generally wouldn’t think kissing required. He kissed her like someone might enjoy the last fruit of the spring, savoring her, drawing the experience out until, at last, the kiss broke in a final brush of lips.

“I hope you won’t think me too forward,” he said, smiling impishly as he rose, gracefully, drawing her back to her feet with him, his arm still wrapped behind her back. "Although if you think me not forward enough, I could certainly fix that."
Marvel-MCU-2

75 Posts
6 Threads
Job: Spy/Hero/Daughter
Sexual Orientation: Straight?
Nyte

All Accounts Posts: 1,185
Lorelei had grown up sparring with gods and super soldiers. She knew when she was beat, she knew when a spar or fight was over, and she knew how to lose with grace and dignity. Which was what she did now; she had lost, she accepted that. Trying to continue to fight now would be silly and desperate, and she was neither. Had this been a true fight, and had he hesitated, well, that would have been different; she would have taken advantage of his distraction, of the hesitation to kill her, but this was not a battle, it was a fight, a spar, but not some struggle that had to end in blood.

She smiled at him even as she let her weapons drop, waiting for him to withdraw the sword from her throat. And when he did, she took a deeper breath, an unspoken acknowledgement that she knew what he could have done, and respected that he hadn’t felt the need to press the matter.

Having lost the fight, she waited patiently for him to let her up. She couldn’t help but to swallow when he touched her throat, but she didn’t feel any shame at that; it was a vulnerable spot for both of them, after all. “True. But I enjoy it for more than just its appearance.” She wasn’t necessarily afraid of dying, but she rather liked living.

She knew what was coming when he spoke the words, when he pulled her upwards even as he leaned toward her. She knew, and she didn’t struggle or even disapprove. If he wanted a kiss in return for winning combat, well, she was fine with that! And that kiss… She had no interest in trying to describe it; there was no one here (or even back home) that she cared to talk to about it. Instead, she savored and returned it, and when he pulled away, she smiled, “No, I don’t think you too forward.” Her feet found the ground steady and she relaxed a little bit. His last words earned a laugh from her, “I think for a second meeting you’re being the exact right amount of forward, Arjay.”

208 Posts
16 Threads
Mike

‘Exactly the right amount of forward.’ Well… that was better than too forward, he supposed. And it was only the second meeting that she was talking about. “I suppose that it’s a subject we’ll have to revisit when the third meeting comes along, won’t we?” he mused, that wicked playfulness gleaming in his eye again. Leaning over, he recovered the sword he had dropped, sliding it into its sheath again. “I believe I’ll look forward to that day, whenever it might decide to descend upon me.”

He studied her a moment, taking stock of the cuts and bruises she’d gotten. On one hand, he was glad he hadn’t needed to damage her too badly, even temporarily. On the other hand, he felt a bit bad that he’d beaten her that easily. Some of the duels he’d fought with his brothers-in-arms, they’d been left nearly crippled before someone had been declared the winner and the healing magics had been poured on. “I’ll assume that it’s much more common to learn the way of the arrow than the way of the sword on your world,” he commented as he picked up the discarded dagger and shortsword from the ground. It seemed a reasonable enough assumption, Steve didn’t seem to know much of swordplay either. “We could rectify that, if you like, but I understand when one sticks to one’s true calling. Now hold still… one spell and you’ll be feeling as if you hadn’t even been in a fight.”
Marvel-MCU-2

75 Posts
6 Threads
Nyte

Lorelei wasn’t naive, and she wasn’t as innocent as her Daddy would like to pretend she was (Papa was so much more...realistic in that way) but she didn’t really know Arjay, either. She liked him, he was fun and knowledgeable, and he fought very, very well, enough that it occurred to her to ask him to teach her some of what he knew. “Well, the next time I need to go back home at the very latest.” Her eyes widened and she gave a happy laugh, “I brought things for you!” She bounced lightly on her toes, ignoring the way the cuts and bruises pulled; she’d gotten worse from sparring with her aunt. (So, so much worse.)

She didn’t feel ashamed for losing; she was good, but he was obviously far better, and it wasn’t with her favored weapon - that would have been a lot more embarrassed. She could have continued to fight, she hadn’t been put down, but she knew when she was beat, and she knew that if he’d wanted to, he could have killed her. Then again, her aunt often times had put her in the same situation. You couldn’t improve unless you practiced, and that meant losing. “Umm..” She winced, then shrugged, “Not so much.” She watched him, “Most people in my world prefer guns, which… They’re ranged, projectile weapons, but they’re…” How did you explain guns to a guy who problem had no concept of something like it? “They’re louder and more lethal most of the time. But bows… Bows are quiet, and they’re… Elegant. My dad uses one, and I learned how to shoot when I was little.” It felt odd, admitting that, acknowledging, out loud, that the world she hailed from, called home, was so… Violent. Or sounded so violent. “But where the bow is an uncommon weapon, true swordsmanship is nearly unheard of anymore. A long time ago, it was more common.”

His offer to teach her was met with a wide, excited grin. Oh yes, she loved to learn, especially weapons. And if he taught her well, maybe she could go back and show Lady Sif… “I’d love that,” the words were spoken with the fervor and eagerness of someone who knew they had a lot they could learn, and wanted to learn as much as they could. “Thor tried to teach me what he could, but Mjolnir isn’t a sword, and I’m not really big enough to use hammers like that. Lady Sif and my dad taught me what I know, and…” And if she could improve, then perhaps she could impress them.

She took a single step back, her smile growing just a bit more impish, “Not all of it, huh?” She shrugged, “Cuts and bruises teach every bit as the fight does. Besides, there’s a doctor in the tower. I’m not going to go untreated.” And it would give her a great excuse to seek out Dr. McSexyPants. “I’d hate for him to think I’m getting my medical treatment elsewhere.”

208 Posts
16 Threads
Mike

Arjay just smiled indulgently while she explained her world’s weapons to him. It wasn’t until she was finished that he finally put his two cents in. “We have guns on my world,” he said, smirking slightly. “Of course, they’re very… crude, unreliable things, compared to the guns that I’ve had to remove from people in this place. I’m not even going to try to compare them to the ones that fire energy, that’s far more like magic, but anyway… yes the bow is a much more elegant option. I suppose that if you’re going to champion the real weapons of the worlds, I ought to help you prove how effective they can be, yes?” This, at least, would give him something to work on once he put the finishing touches on the sword. It wasn’t that you couldn’t put any magic onto bullets, but you could put so much more onto arrows.

He paused a moment when she requested he only partly heal her. “Oddly,” he said dryly, “That isn’t the first time I’ve heard such a request.” Smiling, faintly amused, he stepped toward her, shifting both of the blades she’d wielded into his left hand. “Well, if that’s how you wish to do it, I suppose I can just get rid of the ones that would really get in the way, yes?” He chanted the spell, feeling the magic halfheartedly surge through him as he touched her cheek. The soothing power washed over her, knitting her skin back together where it came across a break, but not penetrating to the deeper aches and bruises.
Marvel-MCU-2

75 Posts
6 Threads
Nyte

Hey, he was an elf from a fantastical world, right? She was pretty sure that Middle Earth didn’t have guns. Canons, maybe… But handguns? Less likely. So she figured to explain a little bit couldn’t hurt. Her smile grew a bit rueful when she realized he knew what guns actually were; she hadn’t meant to be patronizing. “Well that’s… Not what I expected. But interesting. Guns on my world are pretty reliable, if you take care of them. But they’re not the best weapon if you’re looking to try to be stealthy.” And as a sharpshooter, she was often placed in the position of being a sniper, though definitely not always. “But bows, yep, elegant, and I like them better than guns.” She wasn’t thinking in terms of magic, because really, she didn’t even consider that magic could be placed onto arrows. It had never come up in any of her tens of conversations with Doctor Strange.

She couldn’t help but to giggle at his comment, “Well, the bruises teach me where I need to focus on protecting myself better.” She grinned, “And gives me an excuse to go to medical.” She felt no need to be anything but honest with Arjay. The best friendships were built with honesty. Or at least that’s what her uncle had always taught her. “Thank you.” She wouldn’t have minded going home with all of the little wounds she had earned, because she had earned them, but neither was she going to turn down the worst of them to be healed up. Besides, this would just make her look better, like she’d handled herself in a fight with a rather skilled swordsman a bit better than she really had.

“Oh.” She blinked at the feeling of the spell, the comfort that came with the magic. “That’s nice, isn’t it?” Once the healing was done, she grinned and put her arms around his neck in a brief hug, “I do have things for you. You’d asked about Osage,” she shrugged as she pulled away, “I have information about the trees in my things. No seeds; we weren’t able to get them sent to us in time, but next time I go back they’ll be there waiting for me to bring back here to you.”