DC-DCTVU-1

269 Posts
14 Threads
Job: PA/Magician
Ship Status: Single with Complications
Sexual Orientation: Pan-Romantic
Nyte

All Accounts Posts: 754
At home, Christian tended to find quiet places and corners and hidey-holes to settle into when he was upset and needed time for himself. Time to think, time to be calm and find his peace. But Hub wasn’t home; the mansion was nice, it was, but it reminded him of being a young boy in the group home. And when it wasn’t a reminder of that lonely life, it was thrusting in his face that Safi and Tony Stark were…

Something.

And no thank you, he’d had enough of that.

Normally, he drank scotch at home, always keeping a bottle of good scotch around the apartment, and if he went to a bar, he usually stuck to beer, since it wasn’t as easy to get quite so drunk. And Christian didn’t have the highest tolerance for alcohol to begin with. But here, in Hub? Well, he’d gone to the Green Goddess; it was new, but somewhat familiar, as that was where Belle was, and they had alcohol.

Finding himself at the bar there wasn’t a surprise or a stretch. And when he’d seen the bottle of bright blue alcohol, well… He could handle scotch as long as he watched how much he was drinking and how quickly. And the blue alcohol was… It had a draw to it; it was from a show he liked, it was pretty, it didn’t smell terrible.

Once he had his drink, he went and sat down on one of the couches, phone and a small book in hand. He was drawing out a design for a new… Thing. For him, anyway. Coming to Hub had had some benefits, after all. Like finding out that repulsor technology was, actually, in some universe, a thing, and allowing Chris to take advantage of it. He hadn’t actually asked Tony for his help or the use of his technology, not yet, but he intended to. Right now, he was just mostly doodling an idea for an improved chassis system for Jonah that would have room to fit a few small repulsors. If he could get Tony to help him, get the man’s permission even, Chris could make Jonah fly.

He was nearly done with his first drink, and feeling it far more than he had expected, by the time he finished the doodle and sat forward to finish the drink.
Star Trek-AOS

205 Posts
8 Threads
Job:
Ship Status: Single
Sexual Orientation: Heterosexual
Katie

All Accounts Posts: 432
Jaya noticed that Christian had almost finished his first drink, and came over with a second. It hadn't escaped her notice that the sweet, fussy little Terran seemed distressed. Normally this wouldn't have bothered her, but Christian was Belle's brother, and Belle worked for her, which meant that, in some sense, he was her responsibility. It was an odd thought, given that he was an alien, but Christian had a caring, nurturing nature, and a pleasant manner. She knew it was foolish to project Orion feelings onto aliens, but in many ways, he reminded her of an Orion man. Including the way that he instinctively clung to his sister.

"How are you doing?" she asked, sitting down next to him and sipping her own Romulan ale.
DC-DCTVU-1

269 Posts
14 Threads
Nyte

It hadn’t taken Christian long to finish his drink, which wasn’t so much like him; Chris wasn’t much of a drinker, he was (and he knew this about himself) a teetotaler. A true lightweight. Two glasses of scotch was his limit. Maybe three or four beers.

One Romulan ale in, though, and the world was quiet and fuzzy and warm.

It was a huge, huge step up from how he’d been feeling when he’d walked into the establishment. Still, Chris couldn’t ignore the fact that he still felt melancholy. Christian wasn’t one terribly prone to depression, but he was away from home often now, and his life had been… Disrupted was the most positive way he could put it, really, add to that that the person he had been crushing on for months now was…

Chris glared at the empty glass with no annoyance for the missing liquid but rather for his own emotions. He had known that Safi saw him as a friend, just a little man who needed someone to watch over him lest he get himself hurt. And yet, watching Safi flirt and banter with his childhood hero had sent him into a spiral of jealous ire. He hated that. He hated that he couldn’t look at Tony Stark and smile with nostalgia, that he’d had the opportunity to meet his idol, someone who had helped him get through his childhood, who had introduced him to the idea of building things and had inspired him to make his toys, his automatons, and had squandered it on envy and anger.

So when Jaya sat down next to him and asked him how he was, he very nearly sobbed out a soft, “I’m fine.”
Star Trek-AOS

205 Posts
8 Threads
Job:
Katie

Jaya managed to keep from rolling her eyes when the little Terran claimed to be 'fine'. She knew that he didn't drink very much, she'd been told that by his sister, who was apparently quite particular over her brother's care. But it appeared that although he didn't drink much, he did most certainly drink frequently, especially when he was distressed. And it was quite evident that the male was quite distressed, although why she had no idea. Possibly his mood was just unbalanced, since apparently he didn't have a female to look after him. At first Jaya had assumed that the Terran male who'd accompanied him had taken on that role, but Belle had informed her that they were just friends. That made sense to Jaya, Orion men often formed close friendships, although of course a friendship was different than having a mate. Or a sister, although Belle seemed convinced that Chris had no need of a mate. A statement which had caused Jaya to smile and nod, since she was well used to such Terran foolishness.

"You don't need to pretend." Jaya said, her pheromones comforting, and reassuring "I won't tell anyone, you can tell me what is wrong."
DC-DCTVU-1

269 Posts
14 Threads
Nyte

Christian drank for two reasons: to be social, and to relieve stress. He did not drink to get drunk, and he didn’t usually indulge for no reason, either. A nightcap before bed, a few drinks with friends… But when he had moved in with Safi, and Safi had brought people home, Chris had slinked off to Tiny’s bar and drank there. Karaoke when the night lined up, and around 2am when the bar was closing, Tiny would bring Christian, who had lost the ability to keep his feet, back to the apartment. It wasn’t every single time; sometimes Chris would get distracted, find conversation, or have some other form of distraction from what was happening in the apartment, but it was often enough that Chris knew he was using it as an escape.

That was new, and it wasn’t really a good thing, but it worked well enough that Chris hadn’t stopped doing it.

Tonight was not all that different.

The place was different, because Tiny’s cozy little bar wasn’t in Hub, but Christian was still running away from the idea of what Safi was doing.

With Tony Stark of all people! Because damn him, this was his life now. Because of course it was. Safi and Tony Stark. Even with a glass of the blue alcohol in his stomach the thought made him grimace. Chris couldn’t compete with that! Not that he meant to try, even, but he couldn’t even if he wanted to! Stark had money and power and technology and intelligence, and Chris had… heh… Magic. Which both men hated. That would get him so far, wouldn’t it?

Christian had just finished his first drink (and he really didn’t remember how he’d managed to do so so quickly, he usually ended up nursing the first one), when Jaya sat down and asked how he was. He lied. Of course he lied. What was he going to do? Tell the poor, pretty owner of the bar that he was heartsick because his crush was (he thought) sleeping with his childhood hero?

”You don’t need to pretend. I won’t tell anyone, you can tell me what is wrong.”

Chris gave a shaky sigh, then shrugged, looking at the glass, “He’s with Tony Stark. I didn’t think I could hate Iron Man… He was the reason I started making the automatons, to be more like him, but now he has Safi, and I hate him for it. And I know it’s wrong of me. I should be happy for them, but I’m... I should be.”
Star Trek-AOS

205 Posts
8 Threads
Job:
Katie

Jaya sighed softly. Terrans insisted in making everything much, much more complicated than it needed to be. Especially since, in this case, it was highly unlikely that Tony Stark-any Tony Stark- would be interested in forming a monogamous pair bond with Safi. Which meant that there was nothing stopping him from seeking to have relations with Safi. Which he hadn't been doing anyway, in spite of his evident interest in doing so.

"Chris, he doesn't 'have' Safi. At most, he's having sex with Safi. Which is something that you can do as well, if you wish. Leaving that aside, you're under no obligation to be happy that a prospective mate has chosen someone else." even though there was probably some sort of bizarre Terran taboo that said it was, as though stealing someone's prospective mate from them wasn't something to do to a rival.
DC-DCTVU-1

269 Posts
14 Threads
Nyte

Maybe things were more complicated than they needed to be, but Christian didn’t really figure that they could be anything but how they were. He was a human, and this was how humans did things.

As messed up as it made him feel.

On certain levels (more than one!) Christian hated being a virgin. Because he was curious. Because he wanted to feel loved. Because maybe if weren’t a virgin he wouldn’t have been so off-putting to Safi. Gah! So no, he hadn’t been having relations with Safi. He’d been… Pining. Chris was self aware enough to admit that, at least to himself. He’d been pining.

And he hated it. Oh, how he hated it.

Not quite as much as he hated Tony Stark right now, but… “Huh?” Christian blinked slowly at Jaya, shaking his head, “No, not really. That takes interest from both sides, and Safi says we’re friends.” The word was tinged with so many conflicting emotions; bitterness, but also pride and hope and affection, longing and sorrow. “If he’s happy, then yes, I should be happy for him. I want him to be happy.” Just… Chris would have preferred Safi be happy with him.
Star Trek-AOS

205 Posts
8 Threads
Job:
Katie

Jaya had years of training in not rolling her eyes, facepalming, or laughing when aliens said something absurd, and it took all of that training to limit herself to a sympathetic smile when Chris tried to insist that Safi's interest wasn't sexual. Not realizing that inexperience played a large role, and assuming that it was the stupidity typical of male Terrans, who seemed to assume that either everyone in the galaxy wanted them, or that no one in the galaxy wanted them. "Yes," Jaya said gently "I'm certain that Safi is your friend. I'm also fairly certain that he'd be more than happy to have sex with you, if you offered." she shrugged "I don't know if he's interested in a romantic relationship, but friendship combined with sex frequently leads to that. You're a rather attractive male, you know." she added, a hint of wickedness in her smile. It was true, he wasn't unpleasant to look at, if you liked your males tiny, delicate and pinkish beige. Which wasn't her personal taste, but that didn't mean she found him repulsive.

"You think that having sex with Tony Stark would give him greater happiness than doing the same with you?" Jaya asked, smiling again "You should give yourself more credit. I'm sure that you're a fine lover." which was nothing more than the truth. Chris seemed like he was kind, attentive and thoughtful, all of which were fine qualities in a male.
DC-DCTVU-1

269 Posts
14 Threads
Nyte

Christian was good at quite a few things, really. He was an excellent PA; he was organized, intelligent, efficient, and resourceful. He could throw a damn good party. He could (typically) read people pretty well. And Jaya looked a certain way right now that actually sort of made him feel a touch defensive and a little bit guilty, too.

It hadn’t been that Christian had always thought that Safi’s interest was obviously non-romantic. There had been a moment, a few, that Chris had wondered if just maybe… There was that kiss at the party, after all, that he and others kept coming back to, but Safi had said friends more than once, and friends didn’t… Not real friends, anyway. Right? ...Right…

But that isn’t what Jaya was saying. She was saying the opposite, or at least it seemed like she was. “But friends don’t… Do they? Because I…. I thought…” He’d thought that being friends sort of discounted the possibility of… More. Because he’d thought that yes, Safi cared about him, but in the ‘I care about you, but I don’t want to have sex with you’ sort of way. And yet, Jaya said that friends could have sex. And that it could even lead to the sort of relationship that Christian actually wanted.

And she said he was attractive, and he tipped his head and flushed a little bit, muttering a thanks. He would have disliked the idea of being called delicate and tiny, but then… He knew he wasn’t the pillar of manliness that some might like.

She asked about Safi having sex with Tony Stark making him happier than… And Chris blushed more, half in embarrassment and half because… Well, it was more than embarrassment. “Probably. It’s… At least with Stark he doesn’t have to worry about.. Having to teach him anything.” Because hadn’t he and Safi had that conversation? That it was nice to have a partner who you didn’t have to worry about surprising the other guy with your moves. They’d been speaking about dancing, at least on the surface, but Chris had thought maybe that had been a metaphor. A fine lover? Chris blinked and frowned, “Thank you for the faith, but…” He shrugged and shook his head, and blushed all the more, “I wouldn’t know.”
Star Trek-AOS

205 Posts
8 Threads
Job:
Katie

"Unless Terrans are radically different in your universe than in mine-" which was possible, but unlikely, given what she'd seen of the way Belle spoke of her mate "companionship is a reason to form a relationship, no? Friendship doesn't mean he wants to have sex, but it doesn't rule it out. You want to have sex with him, and you consider him a friend, after all." Honestly, Jaya thought with a sigh, Terrans could be so dense. No, not just Terrans, males of any species could be so dense. Worse when it was two males trying to pair off.

Jaya thought of Chris as delicate because that was how she'd describe almost all Terran males. Orions had maintained a much higher level of sexual dimorphism than most civilized species, which meant that most Terran males were small, or at least slender, by Orion standards. Not to mention the fact that Terrans were proportionately weaker, for all that she was much shorter in stature than Safi, Jaya could probably bench press more than he could. Not that she'd ever do something as unseemly as display that fact.

She listened to Chris speak, not without some surprise. Oh, Belle had warned her that Chris was a 'good boy', which she'd assumed meant that he didn't have casual relations. Not that he'd never had relations or coupled with anyone at all. Ever. That couldn't be healthy, physically or mentally, not for a male. Well, it clearly wasn't healthy, given the way he was twisting himself into knots like this. Not to mention his bizarre ideas about sex, which were born of ignorance.

"You can learn." Jaya said, giving him a smile that was both amused and sympathetic "You're kind, and observant, and the basic acts aren't complicated. As for not having to teach-" Jaya allowed herself to laugh a little "It always involves learning. Experience only means that you don't have to guess quite as much, and that you're better at guessing what reactions mean. Every person is different, and you could spend years exploring all of the things that your partner enjoys" or so she'd been told, anyway. Her first owner hadn't been particularly discerning in his tastes, and until recently, she hadn't had any regular clients, the two owners she'd had on her way home had been brief associations as well. But she believed it was true. "But if you're worried, I could help you gain some experience. Or I'm sure that Yoshi or Mario would, if you'd prefer."
DC-DCTVU-1

269 Posts
14 Threads
Nyte

The orion was making a certain amount of sense, really. Safi said they were friends, and Christian was inclined to agree with the sentiment; he trusted Safi far more than he trusted anyone else aside from Belle, which was sometimes a bit alarming. That trust had just sort of sneaked up on Chris, but looking back, he thought he could see the moment it had started; that night, the night of Camila Espinoza’s birthday party. The night that they had danced and Safi had kissed him and Belle had been shot. Safi had taken care of Chris in a way that the small man wasn't used to. He'd made sure Chris had been able to sit and eat and drink at the party. He'd looked after him. But that wasn't what had done it.

The train. It had been the train, how Safi had sat, seemingly so at ease but blocking anyone from sitting next to Christian, protecting him, promising that he was safe, that no one would harass him. That had been the single gesture that has solidified it.

Yeah, he could admit it; he was much gone over Safi Wassem.

He shouldn't be. The man was seeing someone. Though according to Jaya, that didn't mean he was unavailable. Being friends didn't discount sex, either. Both of these were new ideals for Chris. The difficult thing was that the people he would usually think to discuss these things with were…. Well suffice to say that wasn't going to happen! Safi was an immediate no-go for obvious reasons, and Belle…. Chris was pretty sure his sister wouldn't approve. At all. So Chris grappled with the concept that friends could sleep together and sex could be learned and practiced on his own.

It was very different than how he'd been raised to think. But then, the group home was probably not the best place for such education, and Chris had lived there until he had turned 16. He didn't consider his virginity to be something unhealthy, or that it might be a stigma. He just hadn't had sex. Because sex should be meaningful, done with someone you shared a relationship with. (He didn't really hold to the notion of waiting till marriage; you could love someone and not be married to them.) Jaya’s radically different point of view on the matter made a certain amount of sense, though.

And he couldn't deny that the idea that being friends with Safi (or anyone else) didn't automatically preclude having sex with them was…. Well, a rather welcome idea. Safi had labeled them friends, and Christian didn't want to lose that, but he also wanted more.

Maybe he was greedy, but he couldn't help it. “But wouldn't it be wrong to…” Chris frowned, “I mean, he's with Tony, and I don't want to…. Interfere.”

Gain experience. She was offering to sleep with him…. No, he corrected himself internally, sex. She was offering him sex, plain and simple. Chris blushed darkly, he was drunk enough to have this discussion, but that didn't stop his ears from burning, “I…. um….” What did he say to that?? Jaya was attractive, very much so, but she wasn't the person he cared about most. She wasn't Safi. Meekly, he murmured, “I've no idea how to even respond to that…” he sighed at himself, “I'm so very bad at this.”
Star Trek-AOS

205 Posts
8 Threads
Job:
Katie

Wouldn't it be wrong to do that Jaya considered the question carefully, giving it the consideration it deserved. She didn't know the taboos that his culture had around mating, although, based on what she knew of Terrans in her own universe, and what she'd observed of the little Terran male and his sister, she was unwilling to rule out some sort of bizarre taboo of that nature. Still, it was possible that there was no taboo, and Chris was speaking based on his own ignorance. In any case, he wasn't from her universe, and so she was under no obligation to smile and nod and agree with whatever idiotic pronouncement the aliens around her made. At least not when they weren't clients, at any rate. Chris wasn't a client, if anything, it was her obligation to look out for his best interests, since his sister worked for her. Although that last, she reminded herself, was not a line of reasoning she should indulge in. No matter how normal Chris and Belle's behavior might seem, they were still aliens, and wouldn't understand if she started treating them like they were Orions, and with Chris under his sister's guardianship, or understand that in Orion terms, the fact that Belle worked for Jaya made her responsible for Belle and her dependents.

"In your culture, males don't compete for mates?" Jaya asked, prepared to be very surprised if the answer was 'no'. It was common behavior across most species, for that matter, females often competed as well, but no need to get into that discussion. "Besides, you're ignoring the fact that Safi may not be 'with' Tony. They might just have decided to have relations for the sake of enjoyment. In any case, you're talking about interfering with something that has been going on for three weeks like its a relationship that has been going on for three decades." the latter, Jaya had to admit, would be unethical. But this was different.

"You aren't bad, you're just inexperienced." Jaya said "And a lack of experience can be fixed. We don't even need to couple, if you don't feel ready for that. We could start with something small, and stop whenever you wished"
DC-DCTVU-1

269 Posts
14 Threads
Nyte

Did males compete for mates? Christian considered the question, his head tipping slightly to the side as he gave the matter some thought. It wasn’t as straightforward as someone might think; “I guess it sort of depends how you define ‘compete’. For the most part, no, we don’t directly, physically compete. Most of the time, anyway. I mean, you’ll always hear stories of two guys beating each other into the ground over a gal, but those aren’t all that common, not really.” Chris shrugged slightly, the gesture a slow, thoughtful one, “But there are other ways to compete; intellect, wealth, power… And in those ways, we sort of do compete; we all strive to be the best in our fields, the wealthiest, the most powerful, the smartest or most skilled or talented… And depending on your field, you’ll attract certain types of people. Some prefer their significant others to be smart, some prefer them to be strong or pretty or rich… So I guess in that way, we do compete.” Christian made a face, “Which only makes my situation worse; I have nothing on Tony Stark; he’s smart and wealthy, and powerful and witty…” The one thing that Chris had that Tony Stark didn’t was magic, and both men hated that, so…

Safi might not be ‘with’ Tony? But they were… Oh. “One week. But… Still. If Safi is happy with how things are, then who am I to demand a change? I don’t want him to be unhappy, Jaya.” Christian didn’t see the difference that the length of time a relationship had been going on made; you didn’t but your nose into someone’s relationship and try to steal away someone’s significant other. Now, if they weren’t exclusive… But Chris wasn’t even sure how to figure that out!

“Small how?”
Star Trek-AOS

205 Posts
8 Threads
Job:
Katie

"Not that kind of competition." Jaya said, marveling, again, and how normal the little Terran male was. Making yourself attractive by means of hard work, and just hoping that would attract the interest of somenone who wanted to mate with you? That was the sort of thing that a very, very old fashioned Orion might say. The kind who thought that a man giving a gift to a woman was imppossibly bold "No, not that kind of competition. I mean invlting some one to spend time with you, giving them gifts, that sort of thing."

"One week." Jaya said, acceptiong the correction "I doubt there is much for you to interrupt. But in any case you could speak to him. Find out what he wants, instead of assuming its not you."

"Small." Jaya repeated, "With kissing, perhaps."
DC-DCTVU-1

269 Posts
14 Threads
Nyte

What other kind of competition was there? Sure, there was out and out fighting, but those sorts of things didn’t happen often, and really, it was usually something that happened between violent men. Christian was definitely not a violent man, not in the slightest. No, he’d rather woo the person he cared about quietly, by cooking and cleaning and being present and listening… Much like what he was doing with Safi. Or what he’d been trying to do, anyway, before they’d come to Hub and Safi had met Mister I’m-so-perfect Tony Stark. “Well… We don’t call that competition, we call it courting, or dating. Or wooing.” Chris flushed slightly, “I’ve tried that. Tried to give him pie, and he didn’t like pie. I invited him to a...party I put together… (He wasn’t going to admit it had been for a teenage girl’s birthday and only that because it had been part of his job. The fact was that he had been the one to invite Safi.) I cook for him every day… Things like that.” But Safi hadn’t seemed to even notice any of it. Well, he’d noticed the party invitation, and rewarded Christian with a kiss, which had promptly been interrupted.

He hated that, but he still struggled when he tried to pick apart why Safi had done it, why he’d kissed Chris. Hell, why he’d danced with him to begin with.

A week, yes. Not much to interrupt?? Christian glared darkly at his glass, “Oh, I beg to differ. There’s plenty going on to interrupt.” The words were all but snarled out, filled with resentment; Chris tried his absolute best to let it go, or at least keep up the appearance that he was fine with what was happening between the two men, but he failed now, away from the people involved. “How can it be me, Jaya?” He looked up, brown eyes filled with anguish, “I’ve lived with him for weeks now. We meet Tony Stark and it takes no time for Safi to make the decision what to do!”

Kissing? Chris blushed, “I’ve kissed people before. I’m not…” He looked at her shyly, “I’m not that prudish.” He had been told he was a pretty good kisser….
Star Trek-AOS

205 Posts
8 Threads
Job:
Katie

Jaya gave an elegant shrug "Call it what you like, but courting-" she refrained from calling it a 'mating display' or 'courtship behavior', lest the terms cause offense. Terrans were particularly touchy about hearing their behavior discussed like they were non-sentients, possibly because their behavior in that area was amazingly primitive. "is another form of competition. You're trying to demonstrate that you would be a better romantic partner than anyone else who might be interested in the other person, now or in the future." she smiled slightly "Now, I'd be flattered if a male tried to show his interest in me the way that you're describing, but you're not courting an Orion woman. Is taking care of his home, and making him comfortable considered an expression of sexual interest in your culture? Or might he be interpreting it as the kind of nurturing behavior that could come from a brother or a friend, as well as from a mate?" Jaya gave herself a little mental kick for using the word 'mate', and also offered up a small prayer of thanks that Orions didn't go in for this sort of nonsense. If a man had been acting like that towards her, she'd have known what he meant by the behavior, and he'd have known, by simple virtue of the way she used her pheromones if she shared his interest or not. Granted, an Orion man would have also given her gifts, unless he was so poor that all he had to offer was his care. But the point stood.

"Is there anything going on besides sex?" Jaya asked "Because, if that is all you're interrupting, I can promise, based on personal experience, that all having relations with someone, or coupling with them means is that one of both of you wishes to have your genitals stimulated. It doesn't imply affection, or a desire to form a relationship. Its just a desire for physical contact, which is a fairly basic physical need for most sentient beings." she squeezed his hand "I don't know why he chose to have you live with him, and then not have relations with you. Maybe he isn't interested, maybe he isn't interested in the idea of having relations with someone he's living with" which was a bizarre notion, but, Jaya thought to herself, they were discussing the behavior of Terrans "Maybe he is misunderstanding what it is that you want from him. But those are questions you will have to ask Safi. I can't answer them."

She smiled, moving closer to him "Now, what I can do is help you to be less nervous when it comes to the physical act, and gain some experience. As well as helping you learn about your own pleasure, and what you enjoy." she giggled a little "I'm told that I'm a good judge of kissing, perhaps you could show me what you've done before, and we can see if your technique needs refinement."
DC-DCTVU-1

269 Posts
14 Threads
Nyte

Courting was a form of competition? But you weren’t really competing against anyone else unless someone else was trying to win the person you were…

Oh. Well, yeah, he guessed that sort of would make it a competition, wouldn’t it?

She’d be flattered, she said. And yet, Safi almost seemed… Uncomfortable. He told Christian he didn’t have to cook, but Christian cooked because he liked to, because it was a good way to show Safi that he cared about him, and could care for him. Food was a way of showing love. But Jaya was right; Safi was a human man, and Christian had no idea how he saw Chris’ actions. It had been Safi who had labelled them friends, not Chris. He’d accepted the term because he had figured that meant that Safi had started to like him, and that was a good place to start, but… “I… I don’t know.” Did brothers cook for each other? Maybe if they lived together… But Christian was out of his depth; “I don’t have a brother, or…” Chris shifted to shrug, “I only have Belle.”

Anything else? Chris blinked at Jaya, giving her a blank look for a moment. If that was all?! That was… “I don’t… It’s supposed to be more than that!” Chris didn’t raise his voice, but some of the distress he felt leaked into his tone. Chris was, as Belle had said, a ‘good boy’ in that he felt that sex should come from… An emotional investment. The idea of a one night stand was confusing. Not bad, necessarily, Chris just didn’t see the reasoning behind it. The squeeze to his hand was a gesture he returned lightly, then sighed. She was right, and he knew it. Only Safi knew why he didn’t want to be with Chris, and Christian was just too much of coward to ask. “I know. I just… Wish I knew.”

Experience… Was Christian curious? Of course he was. Sure, sex outside a relationship was somewhat taboo where he’d grown up, but then again, so was magic. And unlike his sister, Christian was ‘good’ because he really had never been presented the option to be anything else. “I…” he really disliked the fact that he was flushing just a little bit, but neither could he do anything about it. Frustrating. “Um… Okay.”
Star Trek-AOS

205 Posts
8 Threads
Job:
Katie

"Which is probably why you're having trouble understanding what is going on." Jaya said, restraining the urge to point out that Belle seemed to be excessively attached to the idea of keeping Chris as inexperienced as possible. Restraining it because it would be rude to speak disparagingly to a man about the way his sister was managing him, even if-she checked herself, reminding herself that Chris and Belle were not Orions "You weren't raised with a family structure that is normal for your culture, so its only to be expected that you don't know what those norms are. Not to mention that Safi is from a slightly different sub-group, if I was following Belle's explanation properly."

"Not all Terrans share that belief, though." Jaya pointed out "Some think that you should only have relations with someone you love, but for others, its enough to like the person, for others-its fairly obvious that Safi doesn't exactly share your beliefs, and its possible that he expects advances that are more overtly physical, and less focused on building a family. Because its possible to be a family without sexual relations, yes?"

With a gentle smile, Jaya leaned forward, and said "Then kiss me." almost but not quite, brushing her lips against his. Wanting him to get used to the idea of taking the intiative even if just a little.
DC-DCTVU-1

269 Posts
14 Threads
Nyte

Once again, Jaya had a point. Without the typical family structure that was expected, Christian was left just sort of fumbling his way through relationships. Not just romantic ones, or purely physical ones, but he wasn’t even entirely sure or competent with friendships, and he knew it. He realized that he had issues with trusting people, and that his version of what friendship was might not be what was typically accepted as such. And while he knew he had Belle, he also hadn’t always really had her, either. When she had moved in with her foster family, they’d been separated, at least in part. While most siblings spent their school hours apart and their night hours under the same roof, Christian and Belle were often the opposite; they had spent as much time as possible together during the day, played together in the afternoons, but they had spent their nights apart, living in different places.

Where Christian had been out of his depth before, now he felt untethered and lost. “I… Yes.” Chris winced at the idea of placing Safi in a different ‘sub-group’ but logically, he had to admit it was the truth. “He’s from a very different place on the planet, and they have different… Beliefs and culture.” Chris had picked up a lot from growing up in the south, even if he had abandoned much of it, including his accent (usually) when he had moved away to Central City. “I didn’t… I didn’t say love.” Christian sighed, “I only meant that it should be… Meaningful. That you should have a… A connection.” She said that it was obvious that Safi didn’t share his beliefs and the look Christian gave her was one of misery, “I know.” Safi had made the differences in their beliefs exceedingly clear since Chris had moved in. And the truth of the matter was that there was a lot, a whole lot, that Chris would give to share Safi’s bed and not just his space, but Chris knew, in his heart, that if that happened it would mean something very different to him than it would to Safi. And that was another problem. Chris wanted something more with the man, and Safi… Didn’t seem to want the same thing. Chris hung his head, shrugged, “I guess. I wouldn’t ever sleep with Belle. Siblings don’t do that.”

Talking about kissing someone was worse than actually kissing someone. And Christian wasn’t, as he had said, inexperienced with kissing. It was accepted that teenagers would experiment with kissing, and not all of the pretty girls in the south had been looking for the boys who played sports. There were those (fewer but not so few) who appreciated quiet intellect and earnestness. A few Chris had found he enjoyed some of the same things with, and had dated. As an adult, he had continued to find girls, and boys sometimes, if more rarely, that he could share those enjoyments with, whom he could go out with and enjoy the company of, and share those small pieces of physical affection with. So when he leaned forward, there wasn’t as much hesitation in the action as Jaya might have suspected; he was oddly confident in his abilities, having practiced them, and been complimented in the past, just quietly so. Christian was gentle and attentive, brushing knuckles along Jaya’s cheek in a feather-light caress even as he kissed her.
Star Trek-AOS

205 Posts
8 Threads
Job:
Katie

"Of course they don't." Jaya said. Orions had very, very few taboos when it came to sex, but incest was one of them. "But it may be that he is genuinely unsure if you want to be his suitor, or if you want to form a family with him in the same way that you have formed one with Belle. Especially since you do have a connection with him, and haven't made any sexual advances." she stroked his hair "Again, sweetness, this is something that the two of you will have to discuss, unless you can find a friendly telepath."

Jaya had been kissed often, but seldom as gently and sweetly as Chris was doing it. The caress on her cheek was delicious as well, and as the kiss went on, the idea of spending a few hours in bed, helping Chris learn about pleasure was becoming less and less of a chore. Instead of letting the kiss end, she deepened it, letting tenderness turn into passion and want.