Fandoms: All

Canons: Open/Oc's Welcome!

Bans: Howard the Duck,
RPF* Real Person Fiction; IE Apping an actual celebrity

Main Rule:Don't Be a Dick

OOC min age:18

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thread Contributor: Steve RogersClick Your Heels 3 Times...
Marvel-MCU

316 Posts
15 Threads
Job: Rogue Superhero
Ship Status: Single
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual
Nyte

All Accounts Posts: 1,561
“Language!”

Steve gave Tony a nod and returned his smile, “Thanks, Tony. For everything.” Exile in Hub while he was labeled a war criminal was better than exile in Wakanda. It was beautiful there, but he was useless, and he knew it. In Hub, he might be able to help others. He sent off a few last messages to Sam and Clint, reassuring them he was fine, and taking some time for himself, and that he wasn’t in any danger of being found and arrested, but if there were any problems, he’d contact them. He also told Sam that he’d spoken with Tony, and things were… Not horrible. And he texted every one of the ‘rogue’ Avengers, telling them to sit tight, stay safe and quiet, and keep their damn noses clean while he was away, because they were working on bringing everyone home, so not to make it more difficult than it already was. Then, with a final wave farewell to Tony, Steve stepped back through the portal.

The moment he was through the portal and back in Hub, he leaned against the building there heavily, his shoulders slumping. He’d been strong and kept it together in front of Tony, but now that he was alone, he let himself have a moment to just… Break a little bit. Still, he couldn’t stay like that long, and he knew it. “Tadashi?”

“Walk with me back to the tower if you don’t mind?”

“That’s not going away anytime soon.”
Marvel-MCU-1

334 Posts
8 Threads
Job: Billionaire Superhero
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation: yes
Kel

All Accounts Posts: 1,963
It had been..hard for the AI to watch silently as Steve bared his soul to his Tony, he had to say that at least the other version of his creator had not been cruel to him. But he couldn’t say he’d been kind either.

Even if he hasn't been programmed to be Steve’s companion he'd have acceded to his pained request for company.

Silently the AI materialized, allowing for the update between his local versions and the copies at Stark Tower. “I'm here.” Tadashi was immaterial with out his specialized sparing suit but he still dropped a hand to steve’s shoulder.
Marvel-MCU

316 Posts
15 Threads
Nyte

“Language!”

No, Tony hadn’t been cruel, and maybe he hadn’t been kind, but he had been understanding. The portal in Coney Island on their side would be protected, and Tony had assured Steve that he’d be kept ‘underground’ both while in Hub as well as when he surfaced back in their reality again. That had been a relief to know. That Tony wouldn’t turn him over, or even give a whiff that he’d seen Steve. Maybe it was because it would be messy for Tony to say he’d seen him, or maybe it was just because things weren’t as bad as Steve had feared.

Hope for the latter, but accept that it was very possibly the former.

Still, all of it had been exhausting, and being rejected had been wrenching, sending his heart to aching in his chest. But Tony had been honest, and he had been honest, too, and the air was, maybe for the first time in years, quite clear between them. And that did feel good, even if it also hurt.

Steve Rogers could handle pain. And he would handle this, just like he’d handled everything else that life and the (multi)verse threw at him.

Tadashi’s appearance earned a small but honest smile, ”How are you and Friday? Everything okay? He didn’t seem to be concerned or upset about you being there, but… Sometimes it’s impossible to tell with Tony. He plays his cards close to the chest, as you are aware.” Of course the AI would know that; he knew a version of Tony Stark, and even though the Tony Steve was coming back from visiting was different, Tadashi and Friday had both been present for the whole discussion.

Marvel-MCU-1

334 Posts
8 Threads
Ship Status:
Kel

Tadashi nodded, “Friday kept busy interfacing with her counterpart, while you updated that Tony Stark she provided digital proof of your story.” Tadashi lifted a hand weighingly, “It might not have been necessary but it was prudent.”

Based on what that Friday had reported before they left Tony had accessed the data, what Tadashi wondered was the thought process between the two versions. He’d been rather distressed to discover that his program was nowhere near the level of completion he’d received in his home universe. But than he supposed that made sense considering the differences in the relationship between the two.

“Everyone ‘played’ nice. Which was pleasant.” Tadashi paused, “Do you wish to stay at the Mansion or your apartment now?” He asked quietly curious. After all he’d only stayed in the Tower to make sure this Tony was ok...but things had changed. And after today especially Tadashi rather thought the soldier might need some time to lick his wounds. “Or perhaps speak to Master Arjay?” the two seemed to have a rapport.
Marvel-MCU

316 Posts
15 Threads
Nyte

“Language!”

Well, Friday was nothing if not prudent. Steve nodded at the information, grateful he had brought Friday, because what if the only reason Tony had believed him at all was because of the information she had provided to him? What if they weren’t as okay as Steve had thought they were?

Wasn’t that a kick in the teeth.

“Thank you, Friday. I appreciate the leg up.” Still, at least now Tony knew Steve had been truthful with him, even with some harder truths. Tony knew pretty much everything now, actually, and it felt so damn good to have no real secrets on his chest anymore. (Because who he slept with here wasn’t anyone’s business but his and his partner’s thank you.)

Did he want to move out? Steve took in the idea of it; he had been ready to move out of the tower and back to his apartment before, when he had thought his presence might trouble Tony more than it helped, but now? Now he supposed the tables were turned, weren’t they.. Only, Tony still might be troubled seeing Steve, it was… Awkward after what had happened. “Maybe my apartment. No, not Arjay’s. I can bring you with me, can’t I? If I go to my apartment? I’ll still have you and Friday on my phone…” Unless Tony demanded them back, of course. But he doubted Tony would demand Tad back. He had put the AI on his phone to begin with, after all…

Marvel-MCU-1

334 Posts
8 Threads
Ship Status:
Kel

Tadashi wasn't intentionally trying to drive Steve out of the Tower, he just honestly thought the man would be happier or at the very least less distressed if he had his own space.

“Of course. I'll always be with you. For as long as I am able.” Tadashi answered sincerely. He had no doubt Tony would ‘allow’ him to leave, even if he didn't have the evidence of his treatment of Friday’s breakout.

Speaking of- “we both have reintegrated with our Tower counterparts.” Came the Irish tones of said AI.
Marvel-MCU

316 Posts
15 Threads
Nyte

“Language!”

Steve didn’t feel pressured so much as that he wasn’t really sure what he wanted or needed. Living at the tower was nice, it was convenient, and it allowed him to pretend like nothing had happened. Like things were….normal. Except that they weren’t, and he knew that, even if he could compartmentalize it and put it away until he were alone.

That probably wasn’t all that healthy.

So no, Steve didn’t really want to move out, but… “Good. I wouldn’t leave otherwise.” The statement was an admission, not just of his attachment to Tadashi, but his own weakness, and it wasn’t an easy thing to admit, especially out loud, where both AI’s could hear it. “I don’t really want to go… But it’s not healthy to stay, not until I’ve got my head back on straight.” Making the hard decisions for the right reasons was one thing that Steve thought he could lay claim to. Moving to his apartment would be difficult, but the healthy thing to do. “I’ll still come by, be around, in case I’m needed here.” In case Tony needed, or wanted him. “But it’ll give me some space.”

Knowing Tadashi would be able to come with him helped make the decision easier. Possible. Knowing Tad could come with him made the decision to move to the Brooklyn apartment possible. As he’d said, he wouldn’t have moved if Tadashi couldn’t come with.

Friday’s announcement earned a blink, ”Does… Does that mean Tad and you aren’t on my phone?”

Marvel-MCU-1

334 Posts
8 Threads
Ship Status:
Kel

“We are using your phone as a range extender; at the moment we are synced and..” Tad shrugged, “you can contact us via it. But we aren't ‘living’ there any longer.”

Tadashi listened to what Steve was saying and nodded, “than yes you should take the time to ‘set your head on straight.” Tadashi paused thoughtfully; “I'm sure master Stark would allow me to move the sparing armor to your apartment.” He added.
Marvel-MCU

316 Posts
15 Threads
Nyte

“Language!”

His phone was a range extender. Okay. ”Like a repeater.” He really did listen to Tony. Or at least, he tried, and he even understood some of it, so there was that. It made Steve feel better when he understood a reference or a concept that hadn’t been around in the 1940’s. ”As long as your range will reach out to my apartment, that’s fine then.” He didn’t think it would be a problem, considering that he’d been fairly far away in the past and still been able to reach Jarvis or Friday via his phone, and he assumed that wouldn’t change with Friday and Tadashi now.

The idea of having some space, and some time, to consider what had changed, and to deal with it, was a good one. But there was another thing that he needed to do before he just packed up what he needed and headed to his apartment. ”I’ll talk to Tony when I can, make sure he’s okay with me being out of the tower like that. I mean, obviously I won’t be far, and I’ll come over, and if he needs me I’ll be here, but…” But he wanted to make sure that Tony was okay, too. ”I need to make sure he knows this isn’t because of him. That I just… Need to think, and I need space of my own to do that.” Not that Steve felt funny in his rooms, but knowing that stepping out of his rooms meant that he could run smack into Tony, prepared for that encounter or not? That was difficult sometimes, had been even before he’d gone back, and now… Steve needed time to separate the Tony from his universe from the Tony here in his mind. They were different people, with different thoughts and feelings and experiences.

Tadashi’s offer to move the sparring armor to the apartment earned a small blush, ”I don’t know that my apartment will have room for sparring, Tad. But as long as Tony doesn’t mind me coming back and visiting here, then we could just spar here at the tower still.”