8 Threads
Job: Billionaire Superhero
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation: yes
Kel

All Accounts Posts: 959
You know what?

He was a goddamn saint.

Tony rubbed his face, blinking to readjust his eyes, the reactor whined under his shirts. Tony had gotten used to fucking half dressed and Jaya understood their arrangement, she was a pro and didn't ask for intimacy he wasn't giving freely.

Fingers slipped down her spine absently, he didn't come often, maybe once or twice a week, less in the last few weeks while he'd been heads down on the portal generator.
Star Trek-AOS

252 Posts
12 Threads
Job:
Ship Status: Single
Sexual Orientation: Heterosexual
Katie

All Accounts Posts: 572
Jaya let out a happy sigh, relaxing against the Terran. She had to admit that she was curious about what was under his shirts, and why it was that he didn't want to removed his garments, or to be touched on his chest, but that wasn't something that she actually needed to know.

What she did know was that his visits were welcome-he always brought a part she needed for the shuttle, or something she could trade for a part she needed, and the coupling was always pleasant.

Yes, he was an alien, and a male, which was a bar to true friendship, but she was fond of the Terran. Fond enough that she cared about his well being "Its good to see you again." Jaya said "I was starting to wonder if you'd met someone else." most males were, after all, flattered by a display of jealousy.
Marvel-MCU-1

292 Posts
8 Threads
Ship Status:
Kel

Tony just snorted. “No one like that. Working.” He had a thing about letting his tech out of his hands, so the parts he modified for her...he made very sure to leave trackers on them in case they decided to go walking.

“Always working…” Tony liked professionals, they didn't mind if he was distracted, didn't demand his attention didn't get annoyed when he drifted mentally.

“How's the business? Gonna stay or go when you can?”
Star Trek-AOS

252 Posts
12 Threads
Job:
Katie

"Isn't there some Terran saying about all work and no play?" Jaya asked lightly "But it must be a interesting project, to get your attention so completely." because yes, she was going to get information when she could. Not for nothing was she an Orion Slave Girl.

"I haven't decided." Jaya replied "I'm going to go home for a little while, and discuss things with my family." and the higher ups in the Syndicate, but no need to discuss that here and now. "Then I might come back, probably with some of my family. There are unique opportunities here. Even if no one wants to buy me." the last said with a bit of a teasing pout in her voice. Truthfully she didn't mind not having an owner, even if she was old for it. She should be off on her own missions, not staying at home like a young girl who was learning how to handle males.
Marvel-MCU-1

292 Posts
8 Threads
Ship Status:
Kel

“Yeah.” Tony rubbed his face, “good thing I'm good at both.” He quipped moving to shower, he always turned down her offers to help. He didn't like being exposed and there'd be no practical way to hide the reactor.

Or the veins that had started tracking out from it.

Buy her.

Tony pondered that while he finished his quick rinse; “Why belong to someone? Marriage, slavery, what ever you call it. Why drive so hard to that goal? Your an independent woman, can do what you want be with who you want…why change it?”
Star Trek-AOS

252 Posts
12 Threads
Job:
Katie

"Yes, you are." Jaya said, kissing him lightly before he left. Once he was clean, she rinsed herself off, and then rejoined him on the bed. She didn't really have a preference about showering immediately after coupling, but Tony liked to wash the sweat and sticky and barrier gel off right away. So Jaya complied.

As always he had a shirt on, which piqued her curiosity, but he'd rebuffed the questions she'd asked before, and she saw no reason to press the issue further. Eventually he'd tell her, she was certain.

"Because I'm an Orion slave girl." she said, trying to find an explanation that would both have the ring of truth and not give away too much information "Being sold, and then traveling with my owner" and gathering whatever intelligence she could along the way "its part of who I am. Its my purpose. But being owned by a male, that isn't the same as being married. I'm not nearly ready for that. I'd need to be sold another two or three times to get a really good match, for a start."
Marvel-MCU-1

292 Posts
8 Threads
Ship Status:
Kel

“What do you get out of it? The experience? Travel?” He cocked his head curiously, “you can travel anywhere you want from here, even hire or attach yourself to some buff thug to make sure you're physically protected. Educate me here.” It was rare Tony actually requested information.
Star Trek-AOS

252 Posts
12 Threads
Job:
Katie

Jaya frowned slightly. The information Tony Stark was asking for was-well, it wasn't something that the Syndicate would thank her for revealing to a Terran. On the other hand, it wasn't as though telling him would endanger anyone in her universe. Not to mention the chance that if she could gain his trust, tell him enough of the truth to make him think that she trusted him, well, he was a man of power and influence in his own universe. This might be a chance to expand the Orion Syndicate beyond what anyone had dreamed possible.

So yes, time to take a calculated risk. "In most species, males look at a female they wish to couple with, and all they see is pretty meat. Something to win, to own, to possess. Not someone to take seriously. To be on their guard against. Orions have learned to use this weakness to our advantage. Women from the Orion Syndicate are sold as pleasure slaves, and then we use that position to gain access to secrets of all kinds. Technology, like the things you've been giving me. Influence, to expand the Syndicate. If word gets out that we're more than pretty meat, none of that will work." she laughed, deciding to trust him a little bit more "Believe me, I don't need a thug to overpower most Terrans."
Marvel-MCU-1

292 Posts
8 Threads
Ship Status:
Kel

Tony shook his head, a world weary chuckle escaping, “Widow would love you guys.” He muttered rubbing his face tiredly. “So basically a racial caste system of intelligence agents. God forget Widow, Fury would sell his last eye for access to that.”

Right this called for a drink.

“So.” He moved to the bar, deciding to sample something orange today. “Just another kind of business. I can respect that. Prefer more honest greed but-” he shrugged “not my universe is it.” He would have to be careful what information he did reveal about his home. The last thing he needed was another damn invasion.

Note to self up security on his portal.
Star Trek-AOS

252 Posts
12 Threads
Job:
Katie

"Essentially, yes." Jaya confirmed, although there was a bit more to it than simple spying. For a start, there was the running of the Orion Syndicate, which was also done by the same families, as well as the fact that not all of the girls born into the Syndicate chose to continue in the family trade, not to mention that occasionally Orions not born to the work did join the Syndicate. "Perhaps you can arrange an introduction." Jaya suggested. Not that the Orion Syndicate would be loyal to anyone other than the Syndicate, but arrangements could be made. And the Syndicate was more interested in trade than conquest. Trade was much easier and more profitable "The Orion Syndicate also serves as a buffer between our homeworld, and our core colonies and the rest of the galaxy."

"Yes, just another kind of business." Jaya replied, pouring herself a Saurian brandy as well "But it isn't out of greed. Its out of a desire to remain ourselves, and not be one of a thousand worlds who join the Federation, and are no more than poor copies of Terrans and Vulcans within a generation or two. I have nothing against your species, but I want my species to evolve along the lines we chose, not the one that another species choose for us." Not mentioning that it would be the males who made the choices in most cases. Yes, the Federation species were less dominated by males than they had been, but that didn't mean that males didn't retain an outsized degree of influence. Still, it wouldn't do to insult males too much around one.
Marvel-MCU-1

292 Posts
8 Threads
Ship Status:
Kel

Tony nodded, he was fairly sure a good chunk of that was propaganda which was fine, but it made enough sense to him. “So the Federation is more technologically advanced? Conquering types?” Because hell like he'd never seen that in his own universe.

Honestly he could respect the hard logic it took to look at what was coming, convince your whole civilization that it was the best path than integrate it so seamlessly that no one outside suspected that this was not how things had always been.

“So what's it really like at home? Outside of fleshy pink gazes?”
Star Trek-AOS

252 Posts
12 Threads
Job:
Katie

"The Federation has a slightly better tech base than we do." Jaya admitted. "Largely because they have more people and more resources than anyone else in our galaxy, but there it is. They don't conquer star systems, not in the traditional sense, anyway. But if they decide that you're sufficiently advanced to be worthy of contact-and keep in mind that if a world isn't deemed advanced enough, they'll be left alone, even if their sun is about to go nova-then your world is invited to join the Federation. Once that happens, any deviation from Federation norms, which are basically Terran norms, with an overlay of Vulcan worship of logic, is relentlessly ground down. Either by directly banning certain practices that are deemed uncivilized, or by making it clear that if you want to be accepted by the rest of the Federation worlds, and by Starfleet, you need to behave acceptably." she shrugged "It wouldn't happen overnight, but in a few hundred years we'd be Terrans with green skin. With all due respect for your species, no thank you."

At least that was the logic now. "Of course, that wasn't why the Syndicate was founded in the first place. Originally, when we first met aliens, we were at an extreme technological disadvantage. The Orion Syndicate let us close that gap quickly, to let us avoid being exploited."

"In the family quarters? " Jaya asked, wanting to make sure that was what he was asking. Wondering if she was willing to talk about that, it was a rather personal thing.
Marvel-MCU-1

292 Posts
8 Threads
Ship Status:
Kel

Tony wiggled his nose, oh he could easily see it. Hell social engineering was something he'd started to delve into himself, a way to influence society into something less violent subtly. Games, apps, a world attached and connected to their phones made a company like Stark Industries a potentially very powerful force. One that now that Tony had some time he'd been working on using in a indirect way.

“What kinda things do they find uncivilized?” He asked curiously, shrugging off the apology about the dig at his race.

“Yes.” Tony leaned on the wall, sipping his drink, “survival isn't a bad trait, but makes me wonder what's underneath when you don't have to worry about presenting a front for the pink bastards.”
Star Trek-AOS

252 Posts
12 Threads
Job:
Katie

"Anything that isn't complete gender equality, for a start." Jaya said "Which ignores the fact that Orion men and women have some basic biological differences. And also ignores the fact that the Federation idea of equality seems to involve males allowing females a place at the table. As long as the females are willing to play the game by the rules males came up with. They also have a problem with extended families, and any social system that isn't individualistic. Or that smacks of exchanging money for coupling or for another living being."

"Pinkish beige." Jaya corrected, smiling slightly "At home, I don't suppose its that unusual. We talk about our day, we make plans for the future, we share meals, all the usual things."
Marvel-MCU-1

292 Posts
8 Threads
Ship Status:
Kel

“Oh? What kind of differences.” Because coming from his own historic baggage that smacked of what men had said about women for centuries. Of course that might be part of the problem.

Tony snorted, “that doesn't sound much more advanced than where we are now.” Which...was actually really depressing. From what Tony had gathered she was from a few centuries in the future and if the world hadn't changed..

Well that was a depressing thought.

Tony finished his drink setting it down with a tinny clink, “seems like a lot cultural baggage rearing its head for a long ass time.”

Just Normal family stuff? “Huh. Wouldn't know. My family didn't do the sit down at meal and talk thing.”
Star Trek-AOS

252 Posts
12 Threads
Job:
Katie

"You've noticed that Orion men are much larger and stronger than Orion women, correct? This is different than most species, usually once sentience happens, that kicks off a long path to males and females becoming roughly similar in size and strength. That happened because Orion women were able to equalize our physical disadvantage by other means." not that she was going to be in a hurry to discuss what those 'other means' were. "Not to mention that Orion men have a much stronger urge to care for their children than most males have to care for their offspring. I'm talking about physical nurture, not just making sure the child has resources. All of that left us with a society that was different than may others in the galaxy, since our men hadn't gone through millions of years of being able to use their greater size and strength to dominate. Instead, women were able to ensure they used that strength appropriately." there were other differences, but that would do, for a start.

"I'm glad you agree." Jaya replied "Terrans are extremely fond of boasting about how advanced they are, and in some ways they do have significant accomplishments. Especially since they went through a neo-barbarian phase a few centuries back. But that doesn't mean that their ways are perfect."

"I'm sorry that your family didn't do that." Jaya replied "I miss that time with my family very much."
Marvel-MCU-1

292 Posts
8 Threads
Ship Status:
Kel

Tony listened as always with some percentage less than his full attention; it was incredibly hard for him to turn off his mind and at all times had at least three different ideas spinning around or being drafted.

Which was why he finally came to the belated realization of why she seemed familiar, and why the culture she described had been tickling the back of his mind. “Oh for fucks sake.” Tony’s glass hit the table, “Federation? Orion’s? Pheromones? Really? This is how things work now?” He grumbled, “First fucking Voltron now Star Trek? What is Scotty gonna hop his ass in here next and tell me how everything I do is wrong??”

Tony glanced at Jaya a nearly betrayed look shifting across his features. Really? She was..well hell.

“This is just…perfect.”

Mentally he shifted through what he knew about the series (all of it he knew all of it.) “so what's the date from when you are?”
Star Trek-AOS

252 Posts
12 Threads
Job:
Katie

"Star Trek?" Jaya asked, not sure where this turn of conversation had come from "Oh! That fictional program set in my universe. I didn't know that it existed in your world as well. I don't know this 'Scotty' person, though."

Jaya considered the question. Terrans used a variety of different calendars, and none of them mapped onto the Orion one at all. "I think its 2263, in the most common Terran calendar. I'd have to check to be positive, or I could ask McCoy, he should know also."
Marvel-MCU-1

292 Posts
8 Threads
Ship Status:
Kel

McCoy, 23rd century. Tony just snorted. “Ya. See that someone is making a killing out there. Makes me kinda wanna met him.” And made him wonder if there was more than a comic book version of himself that didn't share the same exact history.

“Damn. I'd love to meet Scotty.” He quipped sliding into the armchair. Tony was tired. Really really fucking tired. Emotionally and physically drained. His time with Jaya helped at least to let him pretend to be normal for a few hours but...yeah, his brain never shut off.

“You seen it yet? The show? The Tower has the whole thing.” He offered. “Could sit and point out inaccuracies.”
Star Trek-AOS

252 Posts
12 Threads
Job:
Katie

"Probably several someones, and for a long time." Jaya replied "It makes sense, if you think about it. Its easier to just lightly fictionalize things than to create something entirely new. Or to 'borrow' the fiction that a different version of you created in another universe. I doubt its limited to fiction, either. How many times have people mysteriously vanished? Or technology taken a sudden leap forward? Not to mention the number of species with stories about beings from 'other worlds', that cropped up well pre-space flight."

"You could come for a visit, if you liked." Jaya said "Or just come back and spend some time traveling the galaxy." she smiled "I am still for sale, if you want a guide. It might be fun." might take him away from the mess that was his personal life as well.

"I haven't seen Star Trek, no." Jaya said "I've just been told about it" sometimes by deplorably sweaty and poorly groomed males "and seen a few pictures. I wouldn't mind watching it, though, although I don't know how many inaccuracies I'd be able to point out. I've never been to Federation space, and apparently Orions only show up in a few episodes. It may be that all I could tell you is that we don't look like Terrans covered in green paint."