Phil Coulson, July 8th
Marvel-616 Universe

99 Posts
5 Threads
Job: Soldier/Avenger
Ship Status: Single
Sexual Orientation:
Becky

The Stark Tower was even more impressive than he had ever imagined. Steve got lost roaming the halls of the massive building. And everybody seemed so friendly. He had multiple people smile and nod at him as he passed in the halls. However, as interesting as this all was, he knew he couldn't spend the rest of his life roaming around aimlessly taking in the sights.

He needed a sense of purpose. He needed a mission. He didn't know if villains existed in the Hub but if they did he wanted to be out fighting them. He's not fully sure how to go about getting back into the good fight,  but that's never stopped him before. He's hoping someone here can help him.

He turns a corner and almost runs into a man in a sharp looking suit.

"Sorry," Steve apologizes.
Marvel-MCU-1

100 Posts
7 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Katie

All Accounts Posts: 431
"Its fine, no major damage." Phil said cheerfully, then he realized that this wasn't a Steve Rogers he'd met already. "Now its my turn to apologize." he said, holding out his hand "I'm Phil Coulson, its good to meet you. I don't know if you've met a version of me or not, but welcome to the neighborhood." There really wasn't that much else to say by way of introduction, although he'd love to talk more to this version of Captain America, and find out more about his life and experiences.
Marvel-616 Universe

99 Posts
5 Threads
Sexual Orientation:
Becky

Version? Oh yes, the multiverse. Other universes with other Tony Starks and Avengers roaming around. Was nothing in his life simple anymore? Privately Steve hoped that one of the universes had a Steve Rogers who led a nice quiet life.

"No, I'm sorry I don't believe I've ever met a Phil Coulson before. Should I have?" Steve asks. He really hopes he didn't offend him. Was Phil Coulson someone he was supposed to know? He didn't look particularly special but Steve was very aware that looks could be deceiving.
Marvel-MCU-1

100 Posts
7 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Katie

Phil shrugged "Possibly." he replied "There don't seem to be as many of me in other universes, or at least versions of me that ended up working with the Avengers or SHIELD. " Phil didn't sound offended, just cheerful and friendly and happy to meet another version of Captain America. "So, what brought you here?" he asked, in the same friendly tone.
Marvel-616 Universe

99 Posts
5 Threads
Sexual Orientation:
Becky

"You work with the Avengers and Shield?" Steve asks excitedly, "then you might be just the man I'm looking for. Do you know a Nick Fury?"

Nick Fury was a face he hadn't seen in decades, literally. He remembered meeting the man during the war amd was glad to see that he had survived and gone on to have a very successful career at Shield from what he's heard.

"I'm hoping to work with the Avengers or Shield. Either is fine, I'm just looking to get back in the fight again," Steve explains.
Marvel-MCU-1

100 Posts
7 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Katie

"Yes I know Nick Fury." Phil replied "In my universe, he's the current Director of SHIELD. I'm an agent with SHIELD, special operations, mainly, although I also do a fair bit of recruitment as well. Until very recently I was the SHIELD liaison to the Avenger's Initiative, and my boyfriend is a member of the team." Not knowing how this version of Steve Rogers would react to that news, but if he had an old-fashioned aversion to same sex relationships, well, he'd need to get over that or find another version of the Avengers.

"What pulled you out of the fight?" Coulson asked, knowing that there could be any number of possible explanations for that. "If you want to get back in, I'm sure there will be room for you on our team. We've got men missing, and our version of Captain America-I'm sorry to say he didn't survive the battle with Thanos."
Marvel-616 Universe

99 Posts
5 Threads
Sexual Orientation:
Becky

Did he say boyfriend? Steve grins. He wushes Arnie was here to hear that. He wonders if people people eventually became more open minded in his universe as well. For Arnie's sake he hopes so.

"Well I was only pulled from the ice a few weeks ago. I've been spending most of my time getting used to everything... But I can't spend the rest of my life wandering around in amazement at the future," Steve says and then stops. Coulson knew another version of him. And the other version died. That was upsetting. Steve wonders how he compares to the other Captain America. More that he wonders who finally managed to kill him. Not to be arrogant, but Steve knew he wasn't easy to kill. "Who is Thanos?" He asks.
Marvel-MCU-1

100 Posts
7 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Katie

Phil noted that Cap didn't say anything, either negative or positive about his relationship with Clint, and decided that was good enough, at least for the moment.

"My version of Captain America had gotten out of the ice a few years ago." Phil said "It took him awhile to adjust as well. A lot had changed in fifty years. He had a list. Whenever someone made a reference that he didn't get, if it seemed important, or interesting, he'd write it down and look it up." Phil shook his head, a bit sadly at the memory "Thanos was a inter-galactic warlord. He invaded Earth once before, this time was his second go." not mentioning the Infinity Stones. Even though this was Captain America, loose lips sank ships
Marvel-616 Universe

99 Posts
5 Threads
Sexual Orientation:
Becky

Steve nods thoughtfully. A list certainly wasn't a bad idea, he definitely has enough questions to make up quite a long one.

"Did you say inter-galactic warlord? Aliens exist?" Steve asks, trying not to sound as shocked as he is, "is he in the hub too? Do we need to be concerned about another invasion?"

Already battle plans and strategies are running through his head. How does one even fight an alien? What type of weapons do they use? There are far too many questions running through his mind.
Marvel-MCU-1

100 Posts
7 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Katie

"Yes, aliens exist." Phil said "Some of them are actually here in the Hub, although they can be hard to tell from the Earthlings who just come from a radically different version of Earth. They don't seem inclined to invade anything though. I don't think that Thanos will be a problem soon, we seem to have done a good job of defeating him. But I'm certain that we'll be facing intergalactic threats again. Which is why I hope Tony Stark gets the portal ray going soon, so we can finish the job and go home."
Marvel-616 Universe

99 Posts
5 Threads
Sexual Orientation:
Becky

"Go home? You really think that's possible?" Steve asks. A frown tugs on his lips as he thinks of thw world he left behind. It's a world of loneliness, where the other Avengers are acquaintances, more stranger than friend. It's where thoughts of Bucky and the world he left behind are always on his mind. Here though, be had people who knew him and called him a friend. He thought of the way Wanda had looked at him and the way Mr. Stark had hugged him...

"Is everyone going to go home? He asks