Marvel-MCU-1

102 Posts
8 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Katie

All Accounts Posts: 500
Phil nodded, this was all making better sense now. "I went through the same thing, before Clint decided to...force the issue. He was my responsibility, and I didn't want to violate his trust, or exploit him. Not exactly the same, of course." Phil continued "Of the two of us, I'm the one who is uncomfortable with casual sex." because if things had gone differently, a friends with benefits arrangement with Clint would have been its own kind of hell. "As it is, now that we can be public, I'm fighting the urge to start talking about marriage and children constantly."

"No need to apologize." Phil replied "My Hebrew is non-existent. Unlike my Arabic, which is just bad." he understood more than he spoke, and he read fairly well, but his accent was horrible.
DC-TV-1

247 Posts
4 Threads
Job: Bodygaurd
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Kel

All Accounts Posts: 916
Safi rubbed between his brows a smile curving at his lips, “I'm trying to work on my accent.” He replied with a clipped New Yorker accent. “Takes effort though.” He chuckled.

Safi nodded. “Yes. He is very-” safi sighed, “the man is a professional victim. True pacifist that would rather take a beating than defend himself. This means he sees me as savior because I do not let him get abused for the crime of walking in Gotham.”

Marriage...children.. safi sighed, thumb grazing over his tan line, “Take the moment. If you want my advice. The worst he can say is ‘no’ or ‘later’.”
Marvel-MCU-1

102 Posts
8 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Katie

"Yes, it does." Phil said "Its harder to remember that you aren't Steve Rogers, when you use that particular accent." in case that was an issue that came up. "Accents are hard, whether its in your native language or another one."

"That would be difficult to deal with, yes." Phil said "I gave up trying to date civilians long before Clint and I got together. I like taking care of him, and I've had to rescue him before, but he's also pulled me out of tight spots. Still, not everyone feels that way. Sometimes, its nice to have a life that isn't all about what we do for a living." for some people anyway.

"I've already asked about marriage, and he's already said he wants to wait." Phil said "Kids are another thing-I'm not sure that I know how I feel yet. I thought that I'd given that up, then I met Lori and it turns out that her father was only a couple of years younger than me when she was adopted. And now I know that I, or some version of me anyway, is capable of raising a good kid."
DC-TV-1

247 Posts
4 Threads
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Kel

Safi smiled around his fork, “The beard though gives it away right?” He kept his accent American, curious to see how the agent would react.

“I am a civilian now. Yes I'm reserve, but considering I retired because of injuries the odds of being called up...well things would have to be pretty dire.” Which meant he should feel perfectly at ease dating a ‘normal’.

He really did understand what Phil was saying; it would be interesting to have a partner instead of someone he always had to take care of.

Except- “We aren't in a war zone. I don't need him to save me.” Safi nodded, it was all you could do when you were in a different place than your partner. “I think I rushed Sara.” He admitted, “Me, my family, there was pressure to start a family incase-” he shrugged. Phil knew the dangers of the job.

“If you can wait...wait.” He advised for what it was worth.
Marvel-MCU-1

102 Posts
8 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Katie

"It makes it easier." Phil replied "I've never seen Captain America with a beard. Unless you're one of the people who thinks that Peggy Carter was doing that job." which Phil wasn't, but they existed. His tone was calm and matter of fact. Phil might have had a bit of a crush on Steve Rogers at one point, and he was proud to call him a friend. But it wasn't hard for him to deal with Safi in the same way that it was hard for Tony to be around Safi.

"You're a bodyguard." Phil said "That isn't the same as being a civilian. Maybe you need to get used to the idea of not being in a war zone, and needing to protect the people around you all the time.

"I've said that I'll wait." Phil replied "I don't want to rush him. I've seen people make the same mistake, and I don't want to do that." Phil snorted "I never thought that anyone would say Clint and I were rushing things, considering that we've been together for twelve years and are just now moving in together."
DC-TV-1

247 Posts
4 Threads
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Kel

Safi just smiled politely at the clear reference to someone he didn't know. Or had any clue about in regards to Captain America.

Grimacing Safi rolled his shoulders, “I don't think that's going to happen.” There was a reason after all he'd gone into security, and not just because it was an easy job to get. He actually had a masters, which meant he could try for a very civil job.

He just choose to do otherwise.

Chuckling at Phil's point Safi raised his glass in acknowledgment of it; “maybe I'll shave it.” He added to the earlier comment. “The others seem to be doing better with out one.”
Marvel-MCU-1

102 Posts
8 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Katie

"Sorry." Phil said, not really sorry, but noting that Safi clearly hadn't learned very much about his double's life "sometimes I forget that references don't really travel across universes."

Phil nodded. He'd have the same problem, if he ever left SHIELD. Which he had no intention of doing "Which is why it was easier to take Tony Stark up on his offer?"

Phil laughed at the comment "Nah, you should keep the beard. It suits you, and from what you've said, you are doing pretty well yourself."
DC-TV-1

247 Posts
4 Threads
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Kel

Safi cocked his head, “his offer?” He asked tone curiously mild. And no he'd not gone out of his way to learn about his doppelgängers life, yes there were some rather creepy similarities, but he was firmly of the mind that they were different people. And playing ‘what if’ with such an extreme set of new variables was a waste of time.

Chuckling along Safi ran a hand over his neatly trimmed beard, “maybe. But seem to look younger with out it.”
Marvel-MCU-1

102 Posts
8 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Katie

"I'm assuming that Tony Stark was the one who propositioned you." Phil clarified "Or am I wrong about that?" he had to admit that it was entirely possible. The assumption was basically built on the idea that any version of Steve Rogers wouldn't be making the first move with any version of Tony Stark, which might be incorrect.

"Most men do." Phil agreed "But still, its a good look." and it made it easy to distinguish him from the Steves, which was a big help.
DC-TV-1

247 Posts
4 Threads
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Kel

“Propositioned.” The water glass spun on its rim as Safi toyed with it. “You really don't like the other him.” Safi smiled a touch of chill keeping it from being a wholly amused. “It is an interesting word choice. But I think you mistake to judge one by another standards. I am not a young pretty thing who gained his strength by a magic bullet. And so he is perhaps not the dissipated asshole you know.”
Marvel-MCU-1

102 Posts
8 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Katie

"I like him." Phil said "I just disapprove of his personal life, especially the part of his personal life that involves getting as many people as possible into his bed as often as possible." he shrugged "Maybe I'm being unfair to the version of Tony Stark that you've gone to bed with. Maybe I'm not. I do know that Steve Rogers wasn't a pretty young thing before he was chosen to be a lab rat, and that Doctor Erskine chose him because even as a 98 pound weakling, he was brave and tenacious. And after he got the serum, the Steve Rogers I knew spent every day of his life working to deserve it." as Phil spoke, his tone wasn't defensive, it was just matter of fact. Laying out what he'd observed "I don't think that he ever really felt like he did deserve it, and I think that it cut him up, thinking that he hadn't earned who and what he was, and I think that, in the end, that was one of the things that got him killed. So maybe you're the lucky one."
DC-TV-1

247 Posts
4 Threads
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Kel

“Killed?” Safi frowned, “How many version of me are in this conversation.” He sighed. “I think it is time to go and check in on where Chris has gotten to today.” Standing he nodded to The agent, “When you wish to have that night and compare stories-” he buttoned up his suit jacket. “Leave a message at the mansion. I'm sure it will find me sooner or later. Thanks for lunch.” He tipped an imaginary hat at the other man, moving to leave.
Marvel-MCU-1

102 Posts
8 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Katie

"Three, I think." Phil replied "What can I say, you're apparently universally popular." with a smile and nod of his own he said "I should get back as well, and see what Clint is doing." probably something involving the air vents "Same here. Feel free to drop by Stark Tower any time, or maybe we'll run into each other at the range again."