DC-TV-1

122 Posts
3 Threads
Job: Bodygaurd
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Kel

All Accounts Posts: 628
First? Yes. He supposed if this man didn't recognize divorce it would have been ‘first’.
Oh look he did know his name!

“And you have a mouth that runs off with out your head I think Christian Verglas.”

A long way home..

Safi sighed crouching down next to Chris “yes I do.” He said sadly, lifting the smaller man effortlessly into a bridal carry. “This way to your bed I assume?” He half asked, striding down the only hall.

“No but Sarah is planning a visit next month.” And she'd stay for a few days.

“Comeon let's get this off..” Safi set him down carefully, moving to tug of his shoes and pants.
DC-DCTVU-1

113 Posts
7 Threads
Job: PA/Magician
Ship Status: Single with Complications
Sexual Orientation: Pan-Romantic
Nyte

All Accounts Posts: 447
”You didn’t… You didn’t answer the question.” Christian wasn’t exactly slurring his words or anything, he just tended to stutter more. Which wasn’t great, but at least it was better than slurring, right? He was still understandable!

Chris knew Safi’s name. He had just assigned the man a nickname, just like he did everyone else. ”I think as fast as I talk. I just… Annoy everyone a lot. I know. It’s okay, most people don’t like me much, you’re not the first.” What might be the most interesting thing about that statement was how unsurprised Christian was about it. He understood he babbled and annoyed people, and didn’t expect everyone to like him.

Christian wasn’t heavy, but he wasn’t terribly light, either. He was actually muscular, though leaner than some. But he was still small nonetheless. When Safi picked him up, Christian was more or less boneless in his arms, leaning against him, eyes half closed, ”M’fine…” He didn’t really need his bed. He’d hurt like the dickens tomorrow, but he was pretty sure he had offended Safi enough today to deserve it. Pretty sure. Safi had seemed pretty offended…

And it was worse because Chris still wasn’t sure what he’d done wrong this time.

Safi lived in Central. His wife and daughter lived in Tel Aviv. Very far away. No weekend visits. ”What did I do wrong?” He looked up at Safi, shifting, or trying to shift, so he could do so more easily, ”I can’t not do it again if I don’t know what it was… You didn’t like my nickname. So no more nickname. Promise. But I don’t know what I did this time…” And it bothered him, that he’d upset Safi just when they were starting to get along. He’d thought they were, anyway.

His daughter was coming next month. Well, that was good. But… Christian struggled away from Safi, frowning and sitting up, ”Wait. Just your daughter?” His brain was fuzzy, just enough, but Sarah hadn’t been the name of the wife, Chris was sure of that. Which meant Sarah was his daughter. His voice was quiet, and it was obvious that his mind was beginning to connect some of the information Safi had been doling out all night like a miser would part with gold. ”What about… Just your daughter?” he asked again, almost gently, ”I thought…” Not the woman he’d thought she was. He hadn’t answered Christian’s question the first time. Christian’s entire face fell, ”Your not married anymore, are you?”
DC-TV-1

122 Posts
3 Threads
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Kel

“Than I think your brain must trip a lot.” Chris was denser than expected, there was some muscle underneath that fussy exterior. Safi wasn't going to think about it.

He'd said no. And that way lay a frustrating night.

Do wrong? He hadn't really. Safi had just misread loneliness for interest. “You didn't...just long day right?” One shoe off. Working on the second.

“I don't like being insulted with a girl's name because you think it's a funny to mispronounce my name.” He corrected with only a small amount aggrieved heat.

“Yes just my daughter.” Not still married?

He tugged on pant hem. “Not as far as I am concerned.” Since apparently the other man didn't recognize divorce.

Second leg was free and with a tug they were freed.
DC-DCTVU-1

113 Posts
7 Threads
Nyte

Christian sighed. ”I’m not stupid.” He actually spoke the words and managed to sound just a little bit sullen about it. ”I talk a lot. I’m annoying. Disrespectful according to you.” He didn’t glare, but he might have been pouting just a touch, ”You have more to add? But I’m. Not. Stupid.”

Just a long day. ”Bullshit.” His gaze was on Safi now, watching for tells, for anything that might help him figure out what he’d done wrong here. Where he’d made a mistake, because he was pretty damn sure he’d managed to make a mistake here. ”It wasn’t meant to be insulting…” Chris frowned, ”Or disrespectful. It made me feel better, that’s all.” He stopped meeting Safi’s gaze as he admitted that. It was embarrassing.

Just his daughter was coming. His daughter who liked things with googly eyes. Heh.

He asked about Safi still be married, and Safi gave… Not much of an answer there. ”So you’re separated?” Chris tilted his head, ”Why not just get divorced? ‘Specially if she cheated on you. Which you still never answered that so… Whatever, not my business.” He shrugged a little bit, ”Is it for your daughter? I could understand that, staying married for her sake. Is that why you said it wasn’t an issue?”

He blinked at the cool of the air on his legs, frowning. Christian’s legs weren’t bruised, but he had more than a couple of old scars on them, which if Safi looked he’d see even as Chris tried to curl them up closer to him, stopping only because his ribs protested far too loudly.
DC-TV-1

122 Posts
3 Threads
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Kel

“I didn't think you were.” He commented with an eyeroll. “Was assuming you didn't intend for it to be as racist as you sounded. Or I wouldn't be here.” Didn't mean it still wasn't insulting.

“Just because you didn't mean it, doesn't mean it wasn't.” That probably made more sense before it was translated.

“and no it's not your business.” He didn't owe the little man an explanation or his story of the failure of his marriage.

The eyeroll was epic and hidden when Safi tossed the slacks over a handy chair.

“My daughter.” He wasn't going to keep explaining this. “Sleep tight. Don't puke.” Glancing around Safi snagged a empty glass filling it from the bathroom tap.

“Drink so you don't get a head in the morning.” A quick toss had a blanket covering him. “Good night.”
DC-DCTVU-1

113 Posts
7 Threads
Nyte

Christian blushed again. Again! Because the thousand times he’d done so during the day just wasn’t enough! ”No. Just… Made me feel better.” he sighed, ”You’re sort of scary.” Chris just nodded at Safi’s words, though. No, just because he hadn’t meant to be offensive didn’t mean it wasn’t. Safi was right, and Chris knew it. Didn’t make him feel any better.

Not his business. Chris closed his eyes, ”Sorry..” He was trying, very hard, not to break down about the whole situation. He was entirely confused about why Safi had come here tonight. He’d been waiting for Chris in the lobby, demanded that Chris owed him a drink, invited himself here, stayed here…

Jonah had liked him.

Chris liked him. Way way too much.

”Why’s it always gotta be the ones who don’t like me?” The question wasn’t really directed at Safi. Hell, it wasn’t meant for Safi’s ears to hear. It was asked softly, with sadness in his voice.

Don’t puke. Chris made a soft snorting sound, ”Didn’t drink that much.” Okay, maybe he had, but he’d had a good, heavy dinner of pot roast! He wasn’t going to be sick, not from a few glasses of scotch.

Christian reached for the water obediently, without even a little bit of hesitation. ”G’night, Safi. Don’t let the bedbugs bite…” Chris shifted to his side, lying on his bruised ribs with a groan, curling up as much as he could under the blanket Safi had thrown over him.