Marvel-MCU-1

107 Posts
8 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Katie

All Accounts Posts: 922
“Yes, I have been.” Phil said “I know it isn’t something you can do on your own. You need people around you, to keep your grounded and sane. Its why you have a team, and you have people around you who can keep you from losing your damn mind. At least that is what has worked for me. Maybe it’ll work for you too. I don’t know, I’ve never been a genius billionaire playboy philanthropist.”

Looking down at Clint, both of them drunk and relaxed and making him wonder how he’d ended up with such a sexy man, Phil said “No, not him. I like purple better than green.” arm tightening around Clint to remind him that he was Phil’s, no matter what.
Marvel-MCU-1

93 Posts
6 Threads
Job: Rogue Avenger
Ship Status: Committed Relationship
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual
Nyte

All Accounts Posts: 1,486
Yeah, Clint wasn’t calling Tony Sherlock again. Maybe ever. Pretty sure ever. Tony’s tone totally ruined it. It was no longer fun. Thanks, Tony.

The question about being tired struck a chord in Clint. He did know what it was to be tired the way Tony described. “Don’t do that, Stark. You gotta get us home first, remember?” Clint’s tone was flat, the humor dying on his tongue in the face of what Tony was saying.

It would be a lie to say that Clint hadn’t thought similar thoughts, even during the Battle of New York. That he hadn’t entertained the idea that maybe the world losing Hawkeye wouldn’t be such a bad thing… He could die making things right, and not have to face everything that would come after. His eyes slid over to Phil, and after a moment Clint muttered, “You might regret it.” Clint would have; Phil had come back, after all. So Clint was grateful that he’d never had the actual opportunity to make the decision and follow through. They needed to figure out a way to get that damn stone out of Tony’s chest. Clint had to wonder if he could use the Tesseract to move it… Maybe. It was possible. It was also possible that he was just listening to the stone again. “Besides, that’s not dealing. That’s giving up. It’s failing.” And if Clint had it right, Tony wouldn’t ever just give up and fail.

Clint leaned ever so slightly more into Phil, “Oh, well, I’m in agreement here. Purple is way better than green. Green is boring. A good color for forest missions, but that’s pretty much it.”
Marvel-MCU-1

330 Posts
8 Threads
Job: Billionaire Superhero
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation: yes
Kel

All Accounts Posts: 1,691
It was kinda good and bad that Phil and Clint and Peter had finally? Shown up, he was hours? Maybe a day or so from finishing his version of the stabilized portal, another day or so for testing and containment, and security and he'd be ready to start sending people back.

The biggest question was he going to go with them because right now? He was a HUGE liability, a danger he wasn't willing to expose his home world, the people who he cared about to. Here at least if he went nuclear in any of the possible ways...it was a limited effect.

There just weren't that many souls in Hub.

Sometimes..sometimes he thought he could feel them, a second heartbeat behind his electronically regulated one, skipping every time someone came into his sphere…

“I'll get you home.” He promised, he'd said as much hadn't he?

“Peter can finish even if I implode tonight.” Kid was smart, damn smart, ‘take-over-SI-one-day’ smart.

What why where they talking about colors? He'd lost the thread of conversation somewhere, hell for his damn Steve wake there seemed to be a hell of a lot of flirty eyes and canoodling! And-!

Tony deflated, he couldn't even get a good head of indignant steam going, it was all too…

Yeh.

Just…

Yeh.