Settling In
Marvel-MCU-1

73 Posts
6 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Katie

Phil was sitting in the common area of the Tower, reading a book, a bottle of beer sitting on the table next to him. He was wearing jeans and a polo shirt, and looked for all the world like a man who was relaxing at home after a long day.

Which was exactly what he was. It had been late morning before they got to the Tower, but Phil hadn't had much to pack, everything had fit into a duffle bag and a cardboard box, and it hadn't taken that long to unpack his things in Clint's quarters. Which was where he was going to be living until they got back to their own reality.

He and Clint hadn't seen the need to make a big announcement about it, although he had made sure that before they went in the door to Clint's space, he'd pushed his boyfriend against the wall for a long, dirty, hungry kiss. And if the spot he'd picked had been selected for the quality of the view it afforded security cameras, well, that was just a bonus.

Eventually, after they'd showered and changed and Phil had put his things away, Clint had wanted to head to the range and get some shooting in. Phil had walked him over, and, after Clint had given him a very through 'see you later' kiss, he'd headed to the common area.

Where he was sitting, reading a book, and taking a moment to enjoy the fact that he was at home.
Marvel-MCU-1

217 Posts
7 Threads
Job: Billionaire Superhero
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation: yes
Kel

All Accounts Posts: 628
11 days since he'd done his latest fuck up, 3 hours since he'd gotten his version of the inter dimensional portal stable. Tony Stark staggered into the common area in search of real food.

Between Peters build calculations and the Space Stone he now had a stable, non universe ripping on demand gateway. Tested.

Done.

“Agent.” Tony glanced at the man lounging in his dressed down goodness. That was creepy.

“You slumming it now?” Tony quipped snagging the pizza Friday had had delivered.
Marvel-MCU-1

73 Posts
6 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Katie

"Hi Tony." Phil said, looking up from his book. Stark was tired and distracted and clearly hadn't been informed that he was moving in to the Tower.
Or why. Which meant that he was going to get to see his reaction live and in person. Clint would be jealous, but Phil would find a way to make it up to him, and Friday would show him the video, of course.

"I wouldn't call Stark Tower slumming it, but hey, your words." Phil replied with an easy smile. "I'm going to be living here now, unless you object. It made sense to have a single base of operations here in the Hub, so Clint and I decided that I'd move in to his quarters."
Marvel-MCU-1

217 Posts
7 Threads
Ship Status:
Kel

Tony grunted, waving s hand negligently at Phil's outfit, “not sure i’ve seen you do the whole beer and dad after work look.”

Tiny’s eyes had slid to have mast mentally running through the same checks he'd already completed, mechanically munching through the best pizza in New York. Any version of New York as far as he was concerned.

‘Move in-’

Tony nodded, fine that was fine, wasn't like Coulson didn't have rooms at the compound-

‘-into his quarters-’

Wait what? Back that up.

Brown eyes, snapped open. As if on queue Friday brought up the footage.

Two long slow blinks passed as it percolated past his exhaustion and distraction. “Uhhh…” peppers dropped off the neglected slice.

“Ohhhhhh….” a evil smile blossomed “Thor owes me a case of Asgardian mead and a ride on a Bligesnipe.”
Marvel-MCU-1

73 Posts
6 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Katie

"You haven't seen me at home." Phil said, with a little shrug. "Yes, into Clint's quarters. He isn't the type to kick me out once he's had his way with me." the slight smile that he'd started out with grew larger as things started to click in Stark's brain.

"We can still hold that sexual harassment seminar." Phil replied, deadpan.
Marvel-MCU-1

217 Posts
7 Threads
Ship Status:
Kel

Considering he hadn't kicked Steve out, And that that had happened before Phil had shown up Tony assumed the Agent was using old data.

“Pretty sure you have nothing on me in another dimensional time space point.” Tony took another bite slumping against the cabinets.

“But when ever you want to go back-” Tony sighed, “just finished testing DIANA. We can go do-” Tony waved a hand. “Needs doing. How is the recovery going?” He hadn't had a chance really to talk logistics with Coulson yet.
Marvel-MCU-1

73 Posts
6 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Katie

"We can wait until we get home." Phil replied "Behavior on missions still counts, though." not that he would have to depend on the threats of boring meetings to keep Stark from hitting on Clint. Now, he could just tell him to back off of his boyfriend. He sort of hoped that he'd get to do that once. To make up for all the times that he'd had to bit his tongue when he'd wanted to say that.

"Clint and I have a shortlist of places to look for Strange and Rhodey." Phil replied "Can DIANA get us there, or is she limited to making a portal to our universe?"
Marvel-MCU-1

217 Posts
7 Threads
Ship Status:
Kel

“Hey if two consenting Avengers wanna play with their Bilgesnipe...who’s gonna stop them.” Tony smirked around his pizza.

“Yes. As long as I have any kind of quantum signature to use a locking point we aren't limited to home.” And the fact that Phil hadn't responded to his question sent ice collalessing in his belly.

“Nat and Pepper helping Fury keep the masses calm?” He asked casually. Setting down his slice.
Marvel-MCU-1

73 Posts
6 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Katie

"I'm pretty sure that Thor isn't interested in having you play with his Bilgesnipe." Phil deadpanned "Otherwise you wouldn't have to try to make it a bet. "

"Our Earth is fine, or as fine as it gets, anyway." Phil replied "Its been four months, and things are getting put back together. Pepper is fine, Natasha is fine, all of the Avengers are fine. We can finish the mission and bring our friends back home. If you want to check on things first, feel free." Phil wouldn't be heading back before then, though. He wasn't about to give Fury the chance to order him back to work, while Clint was going through the multiverse. He was going to make sure that they both made it back safe to their universe before they got split up. Split up for professional reasons, anyway
Marvel-MCU-1

217 Posts
7 Threads
Ship Status:
Kel

Four months.

“Funerals are done than?” Tony glanced upward at the ceiling, hands spasming around the marble edge of the counter top.

Go back? “Pepper has the company, Sam and Rho-” Tony cut himself off paying for the moment's forgetfulness. “-and T’challa can handle the needed defenses. I'll keep in contact remotely, cells work. Can even punch through a web connection. Not really anything I can't do better here.”
Marvel-MCU-1

73 Posts
6 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Katie

"Funerals are done, and there were a lot fewer of them than there would have been without you." Phil said. He might sometimes, ok, frequently, get irritated with Tony, but he also respected the work Tony did, and he wasn't going to let the man beat himself up for no reason. "This was a win, Tony."

Phil nodded "Sam, Nat, T'challa, Wanda and Vision have things under control. Vision made it back on his own. Which is why we're just looking for Strange and Rhodes. You can get cell reception? Good to know. I should call in, and make my report."
Marvel-MCU-1

217 Posts
7 Threads
Ship Status:
Kel

A win.

Tony almost chuckled. Sure it might have been a ‘win’ but at what cost? “Quill? The ‘Guardians’?” Because last he saw they were tiny bits being scattered after failing to control the power stone.

The funerals were done - “Did they find his body?” Tony had to know, he had to put a nail in that last bit of hope. He didn't argue about Rhodey, if Clint and Coulson wanted to believe he was out there...well Tony would deal with that when the time came or didn't.

Vision making his way home was..interesting.
Marvel-MCU-1

73 Posts
6 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Katie

"Quill and the rest of the Guardians survived the battle. After the battle they were there, on the ground again. It was a bit odd. Rocket said something about the Power Stone liking them. I'm fairly sure he was serious."

"Rhodes?" Phil asked "No, they didn't, and we think that Clint opened the portal under him in time to get him somewhere. Until and unless we get new information, this is a search and rescue mission."
Marvel-MCU-1

217 Posts
7 Threads
Ship Status:
Kel

Tony's lips thinned out, “Thanos punched a hole through his chest, even if Clint managed to save the stone-” Tony’s eyes squeezed shut against the images burned into the backs of them.

“Damn it Coulson.” Was this payback for his teasing? Because if so the agent was crueler than he'd thought. Tony wanted to know about the rest but- “Did. They. Find. Steve's body.” He bit out, even if they hadn't the funeral had to have happened already. And...the only difference would be how hard Tony would have to work to kill that thread of hope.
Marvel-MCU-1

73 Posts
6 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Katie

"The Guardians looked like they'd had their atoms spread across the solar system." Phil pointed out gently "When the Infinity Stones are involved, I'm not going to assume anything. So its search and rescue, until we find a reason to assume otherwise." Phil had seen too many people come back from things that should have killed them to give up.

Phil hadn't responded to Tony's question the way he did out of cruelty. It was simply that he was focused on the mission-bring back his people and the Infinity Stones. Captain America was dead, and he'd mourned the man deeply, but the fact that he was dead meant that he wasn't part of the mission, and right now, the mission was what mattered to Phil. "I'm sorry." he said quietly "Yes, they found him. I'm sorry, Tony. I know what he meant to you." a little more softly "He was buried at Arlington, full military honors. Not that it makes a difference but-" he trailed off, there wasn't anything else to say. He hadn't understood what Steve had seen in Tony, but Steve had seen something, and, although it had surprised a lot of people, Tony had loved Steve back. And he'd just confirmed that Steve Rogers, or at least their Steve Rogers, was dead. "I'm sorry." he repeated, knowing it was inadequate, but what else could you say, when you'd just taken away someone's last thread of hope.
Marvel-MCU-1

217 Posts
7 Threads
Ship Status:
Kel

Tony's head thunked against the cabinet. There it was. The fact that he'd missed the public funeral was just icing. Steve, his Steve was gone and he'd spent the last three weeks with a stranger wearing his face.

A stranger who had romantic feelings for a version of himself that seemed pretty damn straight. A stranger he'd fucked in a doomed attempt at fucked up closure/hope.

A harsh bark of laughter escaped him, well at least he was still making the worst possible decisions that seemed to be a feature of who he was based on Justin and his other self’s description.

“Good. He deserved his legacy.” Tony turned away rubbing his face, food had lost its appeal.

“I'll get to work tracking the other stones.” Tony explained snagging a bottle on his way out of the kitchen. Drunk coding sounded really good right now. “Tell Friday if you and Hawkeye need anything extra for the room. Pretty sure we can scrunge up a sex swing.” The quip was automatic, hardly thought over before being tossed out.
Marvel-MCU-1

73 Posts
6 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Katie

Phil stood up and followed behind Tony. He hadn't been through this, exactly, but he'd lost people he cared about on missions. Not to mention that Clint didn't have power armor, and was, for all of his skill, still human. He'd sat in the hospital more than once, and he'd sat in a waiting room, praying that the surgeon would come back with good news. Not to mention the agony of the last few months.

"I'll come with you." he said "You shouldn't be alone right now." because he shouldn't be. Tony Stark might not be his favorite Avenger but he was still a friend, in a weird way, and he deserved compassion. "Clint and I will be fine, thanks."
Marvel-MCU-1

217 Posts
7 Threads
Ship Status:
Kel

Tony paused, not turning as he responded; “I'm not one of your assets. I don't need to be handled.” Tony sighed staring out the Tower windows onto the New York skyline sightless. “Read my file Coulson. I don't do actively suicidal shit.” Just very passively thank you.

Tony chuckled darkly, “besides there's another Steve here to disappoint if I did.”
Marvel-MCU-1

73 Posts
6 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Katie

"You're not my asset, but you are my friend." Phil said "I don't think that you'll try to hurt yourself-" which wasn't entirely true, Tony Stark had plenty of self-destructive bad habits "but that doesn't mean I want to leave you alone right now. I'll sit quietly and get shitfaced with you, if thats what you need." he'd done that before, for a friend. Had a friend do that for him, once or twice.

"Clint mentioned that there was another version of Steve here." Phil replied "He said that you two had a connection."
Marvel-MCU-1

217 Posts
7 Threads
Ship Status:
Kel

Tony turned to look at Coulson, surprise written large in the raised eyebrows, “is that what we are?” He half wondered aloud. He cared about the Agent, but honestly? He honestly didn't expect or assume Coulson felt anything for him beyond vague annoyance and duty. And that was fine. Tony was used to being tolerated just for his attributes, either his mind or his money, very occasionally his body but normally only in combination with one of the other two.

Pepper, Rhodey, Happy. They were the only ones he honestly truest believed would still be with him if he lost what made him valuable, special. The Avengers, Clint, Bruce...and Steve had made in roads but he knew that with out the suit, his money, his inventions that he'd be useless to them.

“Shitfaced? Why Agent there are children listening.” The Quip was more affectionate than bitingly teasing. “That-” Tony headed down to the lab, Coulson could follow or not. “Is not a question to ask sober.”