Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Meeting in the Mansion
Marvel-616

166 Posts
4 Threads
Job: Director of SHIELD
Ship Status: Open to shipping
Sexual Orientation: Sure, with just about anyone (but I don't want to write it explicitly)
Jasmine (starkly-tony)

All Accounts Posts: 234
Jjjjjjjjjj
Marvel-616 Universe

118 Posts
5 Threads
Job: Soldier/Avenger
Ship Status: Single
Sexual Orientation:
Becky

Steve frowns. It sounds like him and Iron had a great friendship  (and maybe more?) and he had somehow missed out on all of it. That wasn't fair. Wasn't he allowed to have good things? It seems he was destined to lose everything he cared about. Ma. Bucky. His time period. Iron Man. He hated it.

"Wanda says I come back from the dead," Steve says, "So he'll be okay. We can talk things out then." He says it in the tone of someone who's still trying to convince himself of that fact.
Marvel-616

166 Posts
4 Threads
Sexual Orientation: Sure, with just about anyone (but I don't want to write it explicitly)
Jasmine (starkly-tony)

"That's what Wanda says," Tony agreed darkly. For all he'd insisted on trying to avoid changing the future, the truth was that he had no idea if the future Wanda was describing was even his. Timelines could split off. Things could change. It was entirely possible that if he returned to his own time, no amount of waiting would ever bring Steve back to him. (Not that Steve would want to come back to him, specifically.)

Then he blinked. Steve had said "talk things out" as if there were things he'd want to say too. But no, that was impossible. He and Steve had been friends for 10 years. If there was been anything Steve wanted to say, he'd have said it. He wasn't exactly one to hold back. He thought about their last conversation, Steve screaming at him from a prison cell, and had to swallow the lump in his throat.

All he said was, "I hope you and him get the chance. Iron Man always... he always spoke so highly of you. You were special to him."

He was verging on the edge of saying too much, he knew that. But he hadn't had the benefit of a secret identity for so long, it was beyond tempting to put it to use.
Marvel-616 Universe

118 Posts
5 Threads
Sexual Orientation:
Becky

It was still hard to believe that Iron Man thought so highly of him. Sure he was Captain America, but that didn't mean much now that the war is over. Who needed a super soldier during times of peace.

"I know you don't want to tell me much about the future, but you can tell me more about mine and Iron Man's friendship, right? That won't effect whether or not a die during the civil war." If Tony wanted him to die like he was supposed to than fine. He wasn't afraid of death, but he was very curious about his and Iron Man's friendship and hoped Tony would oblige.
Marvel-616

166 Posts
4 Threads
Jasmine (starkly-tony)

Now, there was a minefield. For a moment, Tony wondered if maybe he was still in his office after all. He'd cracked under the pressure and grief and the Extremis hallucinations had grown into something more real. Because there was really no other explanation for the fact that everywhere he turned, there was some other version of Steve forcing him to confront feelings he'd been desperately burying over the course of the last year.

"Sure," he said, because, assuming this was all real, it was growing difficult to see the harm in telling him about that. It wasn't like their friendship had meant enough to Steve, by the time their war came around, to stop any of what had happened. That had been one of Tony's repeated miscalculations, first when he'd offered his hand to Steve on the battlefield and again in the ruined mansion. "What do you want to know?"
Marvel-616 Universe

118 Posts
5 Threads
Sexual Orientation:
Becky

Steve is surprised at how easily Tony agreed to his request. He was honestly expecting another lecture about changing the future. He hides his surprise under a mischievous grin though.

"I'd be happy with anything, but if you know any embarrassing stories about Iron Man I'd really appreciate hearing them."