Meeting in the Mansion
Marvel-616 Universe

25 Posts
4 Threads
Job: Soldier/Avenger
Ship Status: Single
Sexual Orientation:
Becky

Steve takes one look at the picture of Mr. Stark and the large green man baring all to the world with twin looks of embarassment and bursts into laughter. He hasn't laughed this hard since coming out of the ice. His eyes quickly scan the article underneath.

Wager gone wrong... He can't even begin to imagine what the wager was or who was in charge of setting the losers punishment, but he would very much like to know so he can shake that persons hand.

"Are"

It takes a few moment for the meaning of Wanda's statement to sink in. It's a relief to know that whatever disagreement arose between him and Mr. Stark in Ms. Stark's time had resolved itself.

Mr. Stark visibly relaxes, looking years younger and more like the Mr. Stark Steve left behind. It's a welcome sight. It was nice to hear him laughing and joking.

"Don't change the subject Mr. Stark. I want to hear more about this wager." Steve says.
Marvel-616-1

50 Posts
4 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Kel

All Accounts Posts: 628
Wanda’s lips pursed impishly, “I learned something about myself during the last few months-” Wanda cocked her hip resting a graceful hand on it. “When left alone in the Avengers mansion I will end up dressing as my team mates while more than slightly tipsy.” Wanda winked at both men, a quick squeeze told him she'd be watching the booze now that he was about. No reason to tempt him.

Wanda grinned at Steve, “mind you I wasn't there-” she'd been...busy. “But apparently Tony and Captain Marvel did a silly pick teams thing to find a-” Wanda waved her hand negligently, the details didn't matter. “Someone. Her team found them first. And you-” she grinned harder poking Steve in the arm with a chuckle “were on hand to make sure that Tony and Bruce as team leaders paid the forfeit for their group.”

Wanda rested her head on Tony’s shoulder giving him a light squeeze, “Pete took the picture after you jammed everything else.”

It was very late..or early, so Wanda being a little touchy would hopefully be excused. She'd missed the easy days when her every gesture wasn't watched for signs of her impending descent into madness.

Wanda winked up at Tony, “The girls told me that they were sorry I wasn't there.” Her gaze traveled over him with playful nonintent, she in this moment felt free again, Roma, wild and untamed.

Looping her arms around the men again Wanda cheerfully lead them into the common area, settling herself behind the bar Wanda expertly served the men their preferred beverages, switching to to a virgin pina colada out of respect for the other men.

Although she still had that Asgardian moonshine she was planning on dosing Steve with at some future date. “To fate. For she is strange in her ways. And-” Wanda took a breath. “Once an Avenger, always an Avenger.”
Marvel-616

49 Posts
2 Threads
Job: Director of SHIELD
Ship Status: Open to shipping
Sexual Orientation: Sure, with just about anyone (but I don't want to write it explicitly)
Jasmine (starkly-tony)

Tony hadn't seen Steve laugh like that in a long time. A really long time. The sight and sound of it brought tears to his eyes, even as Wanda squeezed his hand reassuringly (which in itself was enough to stoke the emotions that had been so close to the surface ever since he'd gotten here) and explained the wager. Her head on his shoulder felt good, but almost alien. It had been so long. Since he was around anyone who seemed like they actually wanted to be around him. Friends. A team.

He was still a little choked as Wanda led them into the common room and served him a glass of sparkling water. "Once an Avenger, always an Avenger."

His hand was shaking slightly as he sipped from the glass, and for a moment he wanted nothing more than to reach out and pull them both close. He knew it was time travel, knew he was in a multi-dimensional nowhere land that he'd had to leave sooner rather than later. But Steve was happy and Wanda was herself and--and really, there was nothing stopping him. Wanda was on the other side of the bar, but he reached over and pulled her quickly toward him in a one-armed hug, then released her and turned to pull Steve into a tighter embrace, pressing his face into Steve's shoulder. It felt solid and real and just like Steve.

"I missed you," he muttered, then pulled away, already starting to regret his outburst. "I missed you both."
Marvel-616 Universe

25 Posts
4 Threads
Job: Soldier/Avenger
Ship Status: Single
Sexual Orientation:
Becky

Steve is still chuckling as Wanda pulls him and Mr. Stark down the hall. Before he realizes what's happening he finds himself seated with a drink in his hand, toasting to fate.

"Once an Avenger, always an Avenger." It was a nice sentiment. It made him feel peaceful in a way he hadn't felt since before the war. He looks around at his two friends. Suddenly the future didn't seem nearly as daunting as it did this morning. He could do this. He could live in this strange new world, and not just live, but live happily with friends.

Suddenly Mr. Stark is pulling into a hug and his hands are shaking. He pulls away quickly as if embarrassed by his emotional display.

"Mr. Stark is everything alright?" Steve asks, putting a hand on the smaller man's shoulder. He doesn't know Mr. Stark well, but he always got the impression that he was one cool customer, not prone to emotional outbursts. Steve wonders what exactly happened to their friendship to provoke such a strong reaction from the man. Steve looks up at Wanda for guidance or possibly an explanation.
Marvel-616-1

50 Posts
4 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Kel

All Accounts Posts: 628
“Oh Tony…” Wanda breathed out against his temple as he grabbed her close. “I forgive you.” Her lips move across his hairline. She had been in a coma but her mind had been aware. Only Steve had fought the death sentence the Xmen and Avengers handed down to ‘deal’ with her.

Steve...Wanda’s eyes watched their embrace for almost two weeks before her break they had been together, he had broken it off saying he could not give her the ‘normal’ life she craved.

At Steve’s request for clarification Wanda’s eyes are sad, filled with the knowledge of what had to to occur..for both of them, “Even the strongest need to know they are not alone.” The pain echoed in her voice told that it was a lesson she too had learned the hard way.

Wanda rested her hand on his, bangles chiming gently, “when exactly are you tony?” The warmth of her palm covered his, scarlet tipped fingers wrapping around his callused ones.

So many tragic events lay in the years between them, which had he just ventured from? “I am hiding.” She admitted to both men, “I did something...a few something's very horrible. There were reasons, outside influences warping my mind. But it was my wishes, my power that caused horrific events to occur. So long now...and I am not forgiven but tolerated.” Wanda’s eyes slowly tracked to Steve, blinking back her own grief.

“I miss you both too.” Steves’ hand was warm as she curled her off hand around it.

“To both of us I think...you remind of us the best times. When wrong was wrong and right seemed so clear. When we were children in all but age.”

Wanda’s lips quirked sadly, “and I am sure to you we seem quite mad, a twisted looking glass of what might now never be.”