Marvel-616 Universe

233 Posts
6 Threads
Job: Soldier/Avenger
Ship Status: Single
Sexual Orientation:
Becky

All Accounts Posts: 259
Steve takes one look at the picture of Mr. Stark and the large green man baring all to the world with twin looks of embarassment and bursts into laughter. He hasn't laughed this hard since coming out of the ice. His eyes quickly scan the article underneath.

Wager gone wrong... He can't even begin to imagine what the wager was or who was in charge of setting the losers punishment, but he would very much like to know so he can shake that persons hand.

"Are"

It takes a few moment for the meaning of Wanda's statement to sink in. It's a relief to know that whatever disagreement arose between him and Mr. Stark in Ms. Stark's time had resolved itself.

Mr. Stark visibly relaxes, looking years younger and more like the Mr. Stark Steve left behind. It's a welcome sight. It was nice to hear him laughing and joking.

"Don't change the subject Mr. Stark. I want to hear more about this wager." Steve says.
Marvel-616-1

85 Posts
7 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Kel

All Accounts Posts: 1,264
Wanda’s lips pursed impishly, “I learned something about myself during the last few months-” Wanda cocked her hip resting a graceful hand on it. “When left alone in the Avengers mansion I will end up dressing as my team mates while more than slightly tipsy.” Wanda winked at both men, a quick squeeze told him she'd be watching the booze now that he was about. No reason to tempt him.

Wanda grinned at Steve, “mind you I wasn't there-” she'd been...busy. “But apparently Tony and Captain Marvel did a silly pick teams thing to find a-” Wanda waved her hand negligently, the details didn't matter. “Someone. Her team found them first. And you-” she grinned harder poking Steve in the arm with a chuckle “were on hand to make sure that Tony and Bruce as team leaders paid the forfeit for their group.”

Wanda rested her head on Tony’s shoulder giving him a light squeeze, “Pete took the picture after you jammed everything else.”

It was very late..or early, so Wanda being a little touchy would hopefully be excused. She'd missed the easy days when her every gesture wasn't watched for signs of her impending descent into madness.

Wanda winked up at Tony, “The girls told me that they were sorry I wasn't there.” Her gaze traveled over him with playful nonintent, she in this moment felt free again, Roma, wild and untamed.

Looping her arms around the men again Wanda cheerfully lead them into the common area, settling herself behind the bar Wanda expertly served the men their preferred beverages, switching to to a virgin pina colada out of respect for the other men.

Although she still had that Asgardian moonshine she was planning on dosing Steve with at some future date. “To fate. For she is strange in her ways. And-” Wanda took a breath. “Once an Avenger, always an Avenger.”
Marvel-616

237 Posts
7 Threads
Job: Director of SHIELD
Ship Status: Open to shipping
Sexual Orientation: Sure, with just about anyone (but I don't want to write it explicitly)
Jasmine (starkly-tony)

All Accounts Posts: 355
Tony hadn't seen Steve laugh like that in a long time. A really long time. The sight and sound of it brought tears to his eyes, even as Wanda squeezed his hand reassuringly (which in itself was enough to stoke the emotions that had been so close to the surface ever since he'd gotten here) and explained the wager. Her head on his shoulder felt good, but almost alien. It had been so long. Since he was around anyone who seemed like they actually wanted to be around him. Friends. A team.

He was still a little choked as Wanda led them into the common room and served him a glass of sparkling water. "Once an Avenger, always an Avenger."

His hand was shaking slightly as he sipped from the glass, and for a moment he wanted nothing more than to reach out and pull them both close. He knew it was time travel, knew he was in a multi-dimensional nowhere land that he'd had to leave sooner rather than later. But Steve was happy and Wanda was herself and--and really, there was nothing stopping him. Wanda was on the other side of the bar, but he reached over and pulled her quickly toward him in a one-armed hug, then released her and turned to pull Steve into a tighter embrace, pressing his face into Steve's shoulder. It felt solid and real and just like Steve.

"I missed you," he muttered, then pulled away, already starting to regret his outburst. "I missed you both."
Marvel-616 Universe

233 Posts
6 Threads
Sexual Orientation:
Becky

Steve is still chuckling as Wanda pulls him and Mr. Stark down the hall. Before he realizes what's happening he finds himself seated with a drink in his hand, toasting to fate.

"Once an Avenger, always an Avenger." It was a nice sentiment. It made him feel peaceful in a way he hadn't felt since before the war. He looks around at his two friends. Suddenly the future didn't seem nearly as daunting as it did this morning. He could do this. He could live in this strange new world, and not just live, but live happily with friends.

Suddenly Mr. Stark is pulling into a hug and his hands are shaking. He pulls away quickly as if embarrassed by his emotional display.

"Mr. Stark is everything alright?" Steve asks, putting a hand on the smaller man's shoulder. He doesn't know Mr. Stark well, but he always got the impression that he was one cool customer, not prone to emotional outbursts. Steve wonders what exactly happened to their friendship to provoke such a strong reaction from the man. Steve looks up at Wanda for guidance or possibly an explanation.
Marvel-616-1

85 Posts
7 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Kel

“Oh Tony…” Wanda breathed out against his temple as he grabbed her close. “I forgive you.” Her lips move across his hairline. She had been in a coma but her mind had been aware. Only Steve had fought the death sentence the Xmen and Avengers handed down to ‘deal’ with her.

Steve...Wanda’s eyes watched their embrace for almost two weeks before her break they had been together, he had broken it off saying he could not give her the ‘normal’ life she craved.

At Steve’s request for clarification Wanda’s eyes are sad, filled with the knowledge of what had to to occur..for both of them, “Even the strongest need to know they are not alone.” The pain echoed in her voice told that it was a lesson she too had learned the hard way.

Wanda rested her hand on his, bangles chiming gently, “when exactly are you tony?” The warmth of her palm covered his, scarlet tipped fingers wrapping around his callused ones.

So many tragic events lay in the years between them, which had he just ventured from? “I am hiding.” She admitted to both men, “I did something...a few something's very horrible. There were reasons, outside influences warping my mind. But it was my wishes, my power that caused horrific events to occur. So long now...and I am not forgiven but tolerated.” Wanda’s eyes slowly tracked to Steve, blinking back her own grief.

“I miss you both too.” Steves’ hand was warm as she curled her off hand around it.

“To both of us I think...you remind of us the best times. When wrong was wrong and right seemed so clear. When we were children in all but age.”

Wanda’s lips quirked sadly, “and I am sure to you we seem quite mad, a twisted looking glass of what might now never be.”
Marvel-616

237 Posts
7 Threads
Sexual Orientation: Sure, with just about anyone (but I don't want to write it explicitly)
Jasmine (starkly-tony)

"I'm fine," Tony said stiffly as Steve's hand rested reassuringly on his shoulder. He probably shouldn't have done that. But there was no taking it back now. He had to force himself to relax under Steve's hand because Steve would probably notice if he was as tense as he felt, and... well, that was another conversation he didn't know how to have.

"I forgive you," Wanda had said. For a moment Tony almost laughed, because the truth was he didn't know what she was forgiving him for. Whether it was something in his past or his future, whether he'd hurt her intentionally or whether she was just another casualty in his never-ending attempts to engineer the future.

"I never blamed you for the mansion," he told her truthfully as her soft hand curled around his. Thought she'd gone batshit crazy, yes, but didn't blame her for it. The possibility that it had been an outside influence hadn't actually occurred to him, and he felt a stab of guilt at that. Maybe there was something they could have done. Should have done. He glanced at Steve, not sure how to answer the question of exactly when he'd come from without spilling too much. "The war's over," he settled on. "I'm Director of SHIELD. It's..." he trailed off because there was no way to describe it without admitting what a nightmare it had become. He gave her a lopsided smile instead. "I'm trying."
Marvel-616 Universe

233 Posts
6 Threads
Sexual Orientation:
Becky

Steve tightens his grip on Wanda's hand and Mr. Stark's shoulder, drawing them both a little closer. They have both suffered so much in ways Steve doesn't understand, and although they've technically just met Steve's heart aches for them.

The two of them talk, referencing yet another event that hasn't happened yet. Another war. He hopes this one is less devastating than the last one he had to fight.

"Tell me what happened," Steve says, "tell me everything. Then when I get back I can stop it from happening."

Steve would give just about anything to spare his new friends from the horrors and heartaches they experienced.
Marvel-616-1

85 Posts
7 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Kel

The mansion?

Of all the things she'd wrought, the physical destruction of property had been nearly not worth taking as a sin. “But you were right to blame me for Scott...Clint-”” her eyes darkened “Rumiko.” Her power had indirectly lead to his almost wife's death, Wanda had seen it, later when she was able to visualize the threads of history once again.

The war.

Wanda grimaced, not so far from her fall after all, but- her eyes skipped over to Steve- that would explain his reactions to the First Avenger.

Wanda’s eyes were sad as Steve begs to be told the future so he could prevent it. “Tony?” Stormy blue turned to him, Wanda held a measure of her Father's genius, but in this she bowed to his expertise. “I am unsure if anything I tell either of you will matter in the long run. At least to prevent things. I would risk it though for the chance…” Wanda squeezed Tony's hand. “Wouldn't you?”
Marvel-616

237 Posts
7 Threads
Jasmine (starkly-tony)

Tony flinched and looked away. He really hadn't needed her to bring up all of that. "I meant... not just the mansion. That was the start, but, ah, what's that called? A synechdoche? Like saying 'sails' when you really mean 'ship' or 'asshole' when you really mean 'terrible person'..." He trailed off, not really wanting to get into it further. "The point is, after everything... it's not your fault." Especially not Rumiko.

Steve was pulling him in closer and Tony had to resist the urge to close the rest of the distance and bury his head in Steve's shoulder. Not that he'd ever have done that to the Steve from his own timeline, but the closeness of him was as tantalizing as it had always been, especially when all he wanted at the moment was to stop feeling like he'd let everyone he'd loved die.

He pulled away from Steve, as if there was a chance Steve could somehow feel his desire from proximity alone, though he kept his hand in Wanda's.

“I am unsure if anything I tell either of you will matter in the long run. At least to prevent things. I would risk it though for the chance… Wouldn't you?”

Tony could only shake his head numbly. "Shouldn't meddle with the past," he said. How many times had he wished he could do exactly what she was suggesting? For all he called himself the futurist, there were an astonishing number of things he wished he could change. "Doesn't matter how good your intentions are. It never goes well."
Marvel-616 Universe

233 Posts
6 Threads
Sexual Orientation:
Becky

There's a sadness in Wanda's eyes that Steve has seen before on the civilians in the bombed out cities all across Europe. He wonders how many battles she has seen. More importantly she seems willing to take the risk to fix the future, but it's clear that Mr. Stark will be the one to make the final decision.

Steve can't help the flash of hurt that passes over his face as Mr. Stark pulls away. Perhaps Wanda had oversold his and Mr. Stark's friendship when she had said they were all friends. Steve also doesn't miss the fact that he continues to hold on to Wanda's hand. He feels the stirring of jealously in the pit of his stomach as looks at their joined hands.

"Shouldn't meddle with the past," Mr. Stark says, "Doesn't matter how good your intentions are. It never goes well."

Steve frowns. He can't just not do anything. It's not in his nature.

"I won't be meddling with the past, I'll be changing my future." Steve says, "don't I have the right to make informed decisions about my life?"
Marvel-616-1

85 Posts
7 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Kel

Wanda’s lips flatten out; her power has long been under enough control that there is no tattletale flare of scarlet to reveal her irritation. “I'll remember that when anyone from my past asks me for information of their future.” Yes Tony I mean you. And all the questions I know you have about what comes in the years between.

Nodding at Steve, Wanda raised and eyebrow at Tony for a long beat...before slicing though the tension. “Maybe that's all questions that can be slept on.” Wanda in a profligate use of her powers phased through the bar.

“How about we all go sleep on it than?” Wanda tugged both men up and beside her. “Its late, or early, we have all have an exciting day.”
Marvel-616

237 Posts
7 Threads
Jasmine (starkly-tony)

"I won't be meddling with the past, I'll be changing my future." Steve says, "don't I have the right to make informed decisions about my life?"

Of course, Tony thought. Of course Steve was twisting his words and turning this into him taking away Steve's rights like he was some kind of tyrant. And why not? Steve had done little else throughout Registration, twisting and twisting everything Tony said until he'd half believed it himself. It wasn't that Tony had been a part of nothing worth condemning--he'd known exactly who he was getting into bed with. But it had been obvious that not only had Cap not understood that Tony was doing it so people like Steve didn't have to, but he'd seemed to truly believe that Tony had wanted all of it.

Wanda seemed no happier with his answer, her face going stony before she warned him that he'd get no more answers from her. Not that he'd been asking. That annoyed him too, because he'd thought Wanda at least would understand that Tony followed his own rules. That he took this seriously.

So he might have sounded a little more touchy than either of them really deserved when he snapped back at Steve, "No one has that right. Last I checked the Constitution doesn't cover cheating your way into a better future through time travel," then pulled away from Wanda and said, "Do whatever you want. I've got nothing to sleep on."
Marvel-616 Universe

233 Posts
6 Threads
Sexual Orientation:
Becky

At least Wanda agreed with him, and she had some very strong words for Mr. Stark.  Perhaps she could convince Mr. Stark otherwise. (Probably not by the way the temsion in the room just increased tenfold in a couple of words, but Steve was an optimist.) If not, maybe she would at least be willing to tell him then, even if Mr. Stark wasn't. Steve allows Wanda to tug him closer. Sleep does sound nice and he nods along.

"Sleep would be good, we can revisit this in the morning." He agrees. Then Mr. Stark is pulling away.

"No one has that right. Last I checked the Constitution doesn't cover cheating your way into a better future through time travel," Tony sneers.

"Constitution? What does the constitution have to do with any of this?" Steve asks, hurt. He had thought that Mr. Stark knew that he was more than just a propaganda poster boy, but apparently Mr. Stark hadn't and that stung. "This is about people's lives. I could stop people from getting hurt or dying. Don't you care about that?"
Marvel-616-1

85 Posts
7 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Kel

To be very honest Wanda was almost glad she'd missed the war between her old teammates; she wondered though which of them would have been the first to come to her, asking her to use her powers to ‘help’ the other see the ‘truth’. Or would her own instability made the first move?

That thought quickly cooled her temper.

“Stop.” Wanda placed herself bodily between the two men, “of course he does.” She snapped at Steve, “the one thing I have never doubted is that I-” Wanda tripped verbally over his code name, “Tony Stark cares for the lives of everyone around him.” She continued smoothly resting her left palm on Steve's broad chest.

“Just as I know that Steve Rogers is more than a simple flag carrier.” Her right rested on Tony's chest, “just as you know that.” Her voice softened, “tempers run high in the dark before dawn.” The bangles on her wrists chimed gently. “We must remember that no matter from when and where we have come-” her hands slid up to cup the backs of their necks, stepping close enough to do so on the tall men- “we have been, will be, and are Avengers, teammates, comrades in arms,friends.” Wanda shifted to her toes, kissing each man on the forehead, tugging him down to aid her. “I would gladly lay my life down for either of you, knowing that you would do the same for me. What ever arguments have occurred, will occur or will never now come to pass...that between we who have fought side by side can never change.”

“Now-” a wicked gleam lit her expression, “Sleep! Before I make you both dance with me!” Her hands slipped down slapping both men on the ass.

What? She was still more than a touch tipsy and it's what Jan would have done!
Marvel-616

237 Posts
7 Threads
Jasmine (starkly-tony)

"Constitution? What does the constitution have to do with any of this? This is about people's lives. I could stop people from getting hurt or dying. Don't you care about that?"

Steve looked hurt. Tony had forgotten how much more expressive he'd been back then, before he'd been able to turn on his hardened Captain America face like that. It twisted his gut in guilt but he forced himself to ignore the feeling. It wasn't like he'd expected anything different.

Wanda put herself between them, reminding them that they were friends and teammates and all of that, followed by a slap on the ass. It might have been funny, except that Tony believed as strongly as he'd believed in anything that he was right and Steve just didn't understand. Like Registration all over again, with him focused on doing the most good for everyone and Steve holding onto some impossible, idealistic view of what should be done.

"I meant you don't have the right, constitutional or otherwise, to meddle with the future," Tony said. "Our past. Saving people sounds extremely noble until you realize it means erasing huge swaths of our past. Erasing memories. Putting people in worse situations than they started. People die who might have lived. Children are never born. You might do some good, sure. But are you really the person to decide if all of that's worth it?" He was staring intensely at Steve now, and meaning every word he said, even as a distant part of his mind marveled at how little time it had taken for them to be at odds again. "Maybe I am keeping you from doing some good. Improving the world on balance. But you of all people must know that you can't just rip other people's pasts away lightly."
Marvel-616 Universe

233 Posts
6 Threads
Sexual Orientation:
Becky

As Wanda steps between them and puts a hand on his chest Steve feels some of the fight drain out of him. She's a very calming person. Friends. There was that word again. Her insistance that they were friends rang false though to Steve's ears. Sure he could believe that he and her were friends, but he was beginning to have doubts about Mr. Stark.

She kisses his head and he smiles. Then she slaps his ass and he has to remind himself that women are much morw forward in this time period.

"Meddle with future. The future has already been changed just by me talking to you. When we all go back, I'll behave differently because I'll have had this experience," Steve says, suprised that someone as supposedly smart as Tony Stark can't realize that.

"I think this has less to do with hypothetical lives and more to do with whatever happened between us. You said 'we were friends' before, not are. What happened between us Mr. Stark?" Steve asks.
Marvel-616-1

85 Posts
7 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Kel

“Oh good gods Tony!” Wanda groaned, bangles chiming as she rubbed her face, “this isn't fair! He doesn't even know why you are upset really!”

But Tony had the bit between his teeth and was off the the races as her Daja used to say. “He's right. For the love of all the gods. Just meeting us, you-” being a dick. “Is going to affect how he treats you when he gets back, how he sees me when he meets me! That universe has already been changed!” Wanda rubbed her temples, she was not a scientist but chaos theory...well let's just say it was pertinent to her life. “Think for a moment. A new dimension spun off the second he came here. Other wise you would remember this, I would remember this!”

Wanda sighed, “you're right Tony we don't have the right to take lives Willy nilly. There are no gods here.” No matter how disturbingly close to that title she sometimes got. “You are a genius. But I also know you. And your first instinct isn't always right in the end. Remember? You yourself said ‘if you can't tell Captain America what you've done than maybe you shouldn't do it.’ Or perhaps he hadn't said that it.

Timelines.

“Young or not this is still your best damn friend next to Rhodey. Treat him as that. Not the man whom you fought with. Don't put that future on him before he has a chance to live it.”
Marvel-616

237 Posts
7 Threads
Jasmine (starkly-tony)

"Obviously, he'll be changed by this. Details will change. There's a big difference between that and trying to engineer the future for yourself," Tony said stubbornly. "Every time we try to do that, every time anyone tries to do that, the world suffers for it. Every time."

But he could feel the fight draining out of him anyway. Steve wanted to know what had happened. Wanda thought he was in the wrong. In any case, it wasn't like there weren't ways of making sure someone forgot something they weren't supposed to know.

So he turned to Steve with a sort snort, though his words were bitter. "You really want to know what happened between us? We were friends for more than 10 years. I would have done anything for you. But I made too many decisions you couldn't live with, and we fought. Had ourselves a whole 'civil war,' heroes on both sides. I won and you died. That's what happened."
Marvel-616 Universe

233 Posts
6 Threads
Sexual Orientation:
Becky

Wanda sticking up for him felt good. It has been a while since anybody had felt the need to stick up for him and the fact that she agreed with him and didn't think he was reckless or stupid for suggesting it also helped.

Steve could see Mr. Stark's resolve crumbling under their pushback. Moreso Wanda's than his own, Steve suspected. She was the one that had the most knowledge between them all.

"I won and you died."

There it was all out in the open. 10 short years of learning about this new world he was in and then he was dead. The doctor was right after all when he had told his Ma that Steve would never live to be an old man, he thinks wryly.

"Did you kill me?" Steve asks quietly. He doesn't want to think that, but he has to know for sure. The Mr. Stark Steve knew would never, but this Mr. Stark was bitter and harsher around the edges. This Mr. Stark casually told him he was dead, but gave him no details about how to prevent it. Maybe this Mr. Stark didn't want him to be able to stop it.
Marvel-616-1

85 Posts
7 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Kel

“No!” Wanda interjected before Tony could answer, if she knew him guilt would lead him to answer something technically true but wholly misleading.

“He did not kill you. The war had ended. And a son of a bitch who wanted to destroy what remained of our bonds shot you. Made it look like...a friend had. Pulled the trigger.”

Wanda had been at his funeral, just another face in an endless sea of grief, her mind still not wholly her own, her powers chained tightly by Strange for just that one moment in time allowed out of the prison she'd been placed in.

They allowed her to grieve him.

But not her children.

She was never allowed to grieve that loss.

Wanda’s hands burned with scarlet light as the old wound of betrayal flared open.

Her precious twins, born of her body and so cruelly killed. No one held vigils for them, there was no grave, she was expected to simply move on and-

Wanda’s nostrils flared, the long high pitched scream that seemed to dog her steps these last 15 years suddenly close once again.

“You get better.” She ground out, hair picking up in the sudden eldric wind.