Star Trek-AOS

64 Posts
6 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Star Trek

All Accounts Posts: 572
"Well yeah, everyone makes mistakes, man." Kaalth said "But it can't have been easy for you, not if you couldn't depend on your Mom to help you out, and make sure you weren't screwing up." he shook his head a little, thinking about how hard it would have been to live like that. Being on his own had been tough, but living with your family and still being on your own? That was the worst of the worst.

"Things are different on my world now." Kaalth said "Thats what Jaya says, anyway. But no offense or anything but no wonder your world is fucked up, if the guys used to be in charge. Nala was telling me about that. How on other planets the guys were in charge because they are bigger and stronger and I gotta say, thats fucked up."
Sons of Anarchy-Main TV Universe

69 Posts
3 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Mike

All Accounts Posts: 399
Was it fucked up? Who knew. Jax used to not think so, but was he really one to judge? Besides… how many of the supposedly man’s men would shut up and bow down to whatever scolding their mother gave them about any of the various things they did? He supposed it wasn’t so simple as anything. “You want the truth, man?” Jax asked, shooting Kaalth with a smirk. “Everyone’s fucked up. Every damn person on every damn world. You look hard enough, you’re going to see just how they’re fucked up, even if you don’t want to.”

He looked around the bar for a minute. “So what do we do when no one’s causing any problems?” Jax asked. “Just enjoy the show and keep an eye on everything?” He really hoped that they weren’t supposed to be sweeping or any bullshit like that when things were calm, but then again, he also wouldn’t be surprised at it. “I’m a lousy bartender, so I hope she doesn’t have any ideas about me filling in at the bar.” Hell, even if he was just serving beer, he might be screwed. He was looking around, and a lot of the drinks that people were drinking didn’t even seem to be beer, and he had no idea what the hell they were.
Star Trek-AOS

64 Posts
6 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Star Trek

"Maybe." Kaalth replied "I haven't seen all of them yet. I get what you're saying though. No one is perfect. But, I dunno, some things are worse than others." he shrugged, not knowing what else to say.

"Pretty much, plus whatever else needs done. Mostly heavy lifting and stuff. No bartending, but we've gotta haul cases of stuff around, make sure things are stocked. Not a lot of cleaning, but sometimes we've gotta pitch in, if its really bad, or if someone pukes or whatever." he thought for a moment "I gotta cook dinner two or three times a week, but that isn't here, thats in the back. Everyone who lives there pitches in a does chores, but thats mostly just meals, and picking up after yourself in the common areas. Plus dishes and shit. But most of the time we just keep an eye on the place, and try to make everyone who comes in here decide they don't want to make trouble."

69 Posts
3 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Mike

It wasn’t anything Jax hadn’t expected, he supposed. He didn’t have to like it, but he’d still have to do it. Hell, how many times had they given Juice the shit jobs that none of them had wanted to do? He was the low man now, so he was going to have to chip in like everyone else, maybe a little more.

Granted, they’d better not think he was a little bitch for doing it. Something about the way Kaalth described the women being in charge on his planet put Jax on the defensive, even if just a little bit.

“So… what we watch for are assholes that want to start doing stupid shit like that,” Jax said, giving a little jerk of his head to indicate the end of the bar, where some orange-skinned guy, obviously drunk, was starting to get heated with the dwarf sitting next to him. He couldn’t hear much of what they were saying, but the snatches that made it down to them, laced with ‘your mother’ and ‘smelly runt’ and things like that, were pretty telling. Jax looked at Kaalth and shrugged. “We could put down bets, or you could show me how we should be dealing with these clowns.”
Star Trek-AOS

64 Posts
6 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Star Trek

"Yeah, pretty much." Kaalth said with a nod. "Yeah, we should probably go talk to them." he added "Jaya gets cranky if someone starts fighting. Says its bad for business." the last was said almost jokingly.

Kaalth walked over and put a shoulder on the hand of the dwarf, who appeared to be doing most of the talking "Hey, friend, how about you guys cool it a little. Bri over there, she's looking for someone to keep her company."

Kaalth, possibly, was not the best at being a thug.

69 Posts
3 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Mike

Whoever Bri was, Jax hoped she knew how to take care of himself. He’d always tried to be careful about pushing problem-people onto the girls at Diosa, it was something that led to girls getting hurt, but then he supposed that he hadn’t had girls quite as… talented as some of these. The dwarf, though, could have just been pulled into it by the orange guy being an asshole, Jax had to admit that, and Kaalth probably knew how to spot these things too. The orange guy, on the other hand? Jax was going to jump on that one before Kaalth had a chance to pass him off to the women.

As the guy went to grab the dwarf, Jax casually caught his hand in an iron grip. The guy wasn’t all that big, Jax had him outmuscled by a little bit, but the guy was also drunk enough to not know better. “Nah, I think you need some fresh air, buddy,” Jax said, fixing the guy with his flat, dangerous eyes. “How about we go get some? Kaalth, get his other arm, let’s help him outside. Make sure that he doesn’t do something stupid that makes him fall over.” The orange guy, glaring furiously at Jax, hauled back to hit him. Jax, smirking, just gave the guy’s arm a hard, but slight, jerk, sending him tumbling back off his barstool. “Like that, man. How much have you had to drink? Come on, man, let’s help him out before he hurts himself,” he said, shooting Kaalth a conspiratorial wink as he apparently helped the orange guy up, making it look to the rest of the bar like he was helping out this poor clumsy drunk that he’d just thrown down to the floor.
Star Trek-AOS

64 Posts
6 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Star Trek

Kaalth knew the dwarf, by sight, if not by name, and knew that he was an ok guy. He just got a bit testy when people insulted him, like the orange guy obviously had. Sending him off seemed like the obvious call.

What to do with the orange dude, well, he wasn't so sure what to do about that one. Happily, Jax had a good idea of what to do, and Kaalth was happy to follow his lead on this one. Once the orange dude was tossed outside, he turned to Jax and said "Thanks, man. I wouldn't have known what to do with the orange dude. Probably screwed it up and started a fight." he said, shaking his head ruefully.

69 Posts
3 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Mike

“Simple, man,” Jax said. “You don’t give ‘em a chance to start a fight. Scare the shit out of them and throw them out. Two big guys like us? Only an idiot’s going to pick a fight. If they do?” He shrugged. “Take it outside. Doesn’t happen in here, Jaya can’t get too pissed at us, right?” This poor guy seriously had no idea how freaking scary he could be, did he. Jax sort of marveled at that. He’d have to work hard to make a good thug out of Kaalth. “You’ve never had to really scare a guy, have you?” he asked. That… might be a contributing factor here. “We just have to get word around. Take care of a few big guys, beat them as much as the job takes, and let word of mouth take care of the rest. People learn that you can mess them up and are willing to do it? You’ll have to give them a good hit, and then they’ll fall in line to keep from getting worse. First rule of bouncing? If they're a problem, get them outside. What happens out there doesn't matter, beat the hell out of them if you have to, just keep them away from the girls and away from the property."
Star Trek-AOS

64 Posts
6 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Star Trek

"I'll remember that." Kaalth said, nodding thoughtfully. When Jax brought up how bad he was at his job, Kaalth winced a little "Is it that obvious?" he asked with a sigh "Yeah, it-all this is new to me. When I was coming up, in the mines, everyone I worked with was either part of the same big family, or they'd been there so long they were like family, even if they weren't a relative. I mean, yeah, there would be fights, sometimes, because you get that many guys around, sometimes things get heated. But mostly my dad or the other old guys would put a stop to it before it got bad, because you had to be able to trust the guy next to you. When I got here-well, I didn't speak English or anything, so I couldn't do more than stand there and fold my arms and look big, or just do what the guy said."

"All this stuff that Jaya and Nala want me to, figuring out who is dangerous and who isn't and how to handle it? I tell you what, half the time I've got no freaking clue."

69 Posts
3 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Mike

“All right, crash course. If you know them? If they’re regulars, if you can talk to them? Okay. Usually you just need to calm them the hell down, that’s fine. But for people you don’t know? Anyone can be dangerous. That asshole we just threw out? He was drunk and he was trying to start shit. Doesn’t matter if you could calm him down by getting a girl for him. He was drunk, and he was starting shit. We don’t reward that, we get that the hell out. Treat everyone like they could beat the shit out of you at first. Treat them like they’re about to take a swing at you. Don’t give them the opening. Be ready for it, so when they swing, you’re already throwing them down. Yeah, it might make a little scene, but people like knowing that if someone’s causing a problem, we can get them the fuck out of here. Throwing a guy around like we did is a sign that we can control him. Even punching a guy out and dragging him out is a sign that we can deal with him. A fight breaking out, that means we couldn’t control him. If you think he can beat you in a fight, find a way to taunt them into going outside. Once they’re out? That’s that. Just lock them out.” He paused, considering it. “Are there police in this place? Or are we screwed if we can’t beat them down?”
Star Trek-AOS

64 Posts
6 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Star Trek

"Yeah, I got that part." Kaalth replied "That was why I was trying to toss the dude. Its just, I dunno, getting a nose for when something is going to go down, and figuring out how to get the guy out without starting a fight." he shrugged "Its tough. Thanks for the tips though, I'll keep it in mind, next time I have to do something." he thought for a minute "Unless....are you saying that its ok if we start a fight, as long as the other guy gets beat down?" that wasn't something that had occurred to him, but it did make a certain mind of sense.

"No, no cops around here." Kaalth said "Everyone is pretty much on their own, unless they've got friends or family or something to get to help them." he shrugged "There isn't much order in this place."

69 Posts
3 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Mike

“Damn,” Jax sighed. “You know, I think this is the first time I’ve been wishing for cops?” That was a very weird feeling… but then, it made sense. It was like his father had written, when you lived away from society at large, you gave up the safety that society provided, and the rule of force and bullets reigned supreme. He shook his head. “Gonna be straight with you, we need more of us,” he said. “With no one to keep people in line, we need to do it ourselves, and in the long term? You need numbers for that. Damn, I miss my club…” What would he give to have just a handful of them here with him now? Hell, he’d take any of them. He was dead, maybe, so maybe he had a good selection to choose from. Clay had been a bastard, but he’d kept them safe up until he’d gone off the rails. Opie had died a warrier, and so had Kozik, Miles, Half Sack, Piney… Jax would give anything to have all six of them here with him at this point. Together, they were something. Alone, he was just a guy on a motorcycle. “Guess I just need to make a new one, then.”
Star Trek-AOS

64 Posts
6 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Star Trek

"Yeah, you're right." Kaalth replied "Ruvet says that back home they've got his two boys, and his brother and him, plus four other guys who just work there. I don't know if we actually need that many guys, but we could legit use a few." Kaalth said "Especially since Ruvet is well" he dropped his voice "a copy and Mario and Yoshi aren't really fighters, y'know." which to be fair wasn't why Jaya had hired them, but there it was. "Your club? Whats that? How would you make a new one? You mean with real guys, right? Not copies?"

69 Posts
3 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Mike

"Hell, at this point I'd settle for copies, but yeah, real guys would be good. Real guys would be great." He looked at Kaalth a minute, weighing the question in his mind, trying to figure out how to not sound completely batshit crazy when he asked it. In the end, he decided to go with another question instead. "How'd you get here, anyway? Did something... weird happen?" He didn't come right out and ask 'did you die,' but he figured that even if Kaalth didn't say it, he'd be able to tell if that was the case. Hell, if there was someone else who died to come here, he'd feel a lot better about this. How else would it not sound crazy to want to find dead friends of his?
Star Trek-AOS

64 Posts
6 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Star Trek

"I'll keep sniffing around, see if I run into anyone I know." Kaalth replied. In response to Jax's question he said "Not unless you count the portal opening. I was down in the mine, and there was a collapse in the tunnel that lead to the chamber we were digging in. We heard it starting to go, and all of the guys got out except for me." he didn't mention that the last few guys had gotten out because he'd braced the beam that was cracking, it seemed like bragging, and they'd have done the same for him "So there I was, in the chamber cut off from everything else by, I dunno, fifteen tons of rock easy. Then a portal opened and I went through, because whatever was on the other side was better than sitting on my ass waiting to run out of air. Thats one of the reasons I never tried to go back, I didn't want to be stuck there."