48 Posts
3 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Mike

All Accounts Posts: 308
Quote:
One of the mottos that a Son lives by is “Ride Free or Die.” Ever since Tara’s murder, ever since my life descended into a chaos of vengeance and violence, every bad decision made it harder to live by that rule, with the chains of my responsibilities wrapping more tightly around my neck day by day. I tried to find a way to shed them from myself, remove them from my brothers, but instead I found myself being wound up more tightly in the mistakes of others, mistakes that were compounded or enabled by my own. Riding free became so impossible that even I could see it through the haze of rage and pain, which left me only one option to take and remain true to myself. If I wasn’t able to ride free, the only choice was to die.

I don’t feel dead. I haven’t really felt alive since Tara’s death, but I don’t feel dead either. In some ironic twist, I wasn’t able to die either, so now, I ride free. I’m free of my life, free of my past, free of my sins, free from any home. The roads never seemed to end, and after you lose yourself to the rush of the wind and the roar of the engine, it feels like you’ve left yourself behind, like you’re simply a guiding force powering your bike, a thing without history, without needs, and most importantly, without chains.

I don’t know how long it’s been. My life since leaving Charming has been spent in roadside motels and diners, haunts that thrive on my kind, the edges of the life of an outlaw that overlap into everyday society without really touching it, like a ghost drifting through a room when everyone is nearly asleep. My world has become one of jarring changes, traveling through places that I know can’t be a part of the world, yet undoubtedly are real. The freedom has been intoxicating and enlightening, like I can truly see life, see myself clearly, for the first time. And with enlightenment comes the realization that I’m now alone, more alone than I’ve ever been.

It was only yesterday that I finally started to care.

Jax had seen so many strange things since his long ride began. In some strange way, it seemed fitting, like that truck had sent him outside reality, outside reason, into a land of strange unreality. He’d caught sight of places that looked like something out of a fairy tale, and places that seemed to have been blasted free of life. He’d met friendly people, as well as degenerates that no longer seemed human, and things that he would swear were zombies, save for how impossible that was. He’d stopped asking questions and only worried about whether or not the thing coming after him would be stopped by bullets. So far, everything had been.

As Jax walked into this bar, he felt like he’d been riding for three days straight, and for all he knew he had been. He sat down, stiffly, at the bar, so road-weary and so accustomed to the onslaught of strange sights that the guy’s green skin didn’t even phase him. He asked for a beer, he tossed down his money, and he leaned against the bar, grateful for a seat that wasn’t shaking underneath him. He was reasonably sure that he hadn’t dozed off at the bar, but then, he didn’t know where the burly green bouncer had come from, or what his problem was.

After the man gave him a shove, Jax sighed, pushing himself to his feet, still not able to understand the weird moonspeak that this guy was babbling on. “All right,” he said, starting to turn around. “Look, Shrek, I just want a drink, but if you want to make this into a thing…” He just smiled up at the man, sizing him up, realizing just how big the guy was, and just how bad it would be if he got hit by this ogre. Well, all right then. The guy didn’t seem to be understanding him, and he didn’t seem to be backing down either. Enough of this.

Jax threw the punch fast, catching Shrek in the nose, following up with his other fist, putting all of his weight behind it, driving him back, sending him to the ground. He looked around sharply, noticing all of the occupants of the bar picking up nearby objects, trying to figure out which one was going to rush him first to back up their buddy on the ground.
Star Trek-AOS

205 Posts
8 Threads
Job:
Ship Status: Single
Sexual Orientation: Heterosexual
Katie

All Accounts Posts: 432
The Green Goddess was fairly quiet when Jax came in. The Hub was active at all times of the 'day' and 'night', but there were times that were busier than others, and at the moment the patrons who were there just wanted to drink their beverage of choice, watch the dancers and relax. It was so quiet that Jaya had not even hesitated when one of her regulars, a dealer in metals and electronics requested to meet her in private. Even though it meant leaving the bar under the supervision of the copies of her Uncle and her cousin Nala. With the only real person on duty being Kaalth.

Kaalth wasn't a bad sort, really. He was Orion, but not from the Syndicate. He was from a period far in the Orion past, when men weren't expected to do anything but tasks that required a strong back, and leave the thinking to their womenfolk. Kaalth had ended up in the Hub by accident, and had been working as a bouncer, roustabout and general muscle since then. There had been enough people in the Hub who had some sort of universal translator that it hadn't been a impossible handicap that he only spoke Orion. But it did create difficulties, and one of the things Jaya had been trading for were the components to make him a universal translator. But he had picked up a few useful words and phrases in Standard during his time in the Hub, and, unfortunately for Jax, one of those words was 'Shrek'. Which, he understood was meant as an insulting comment on his appearance.

A comment which seemed totally unwarranted, since he'd merely tried to shake the strange alien awake, and ask if he wanted a room, as his wife had requested. Jaya had felt a little bit guilty at the slight deception of him marrying a copy of one of her cousins, but he'd clearly needed a woman to look after him, and Jaya, well, she was not a radical andrist, but at the end of the day she wanted a husband who could be more than a strong back, she wanted someone she could talk to, and could trust to raise her children when she was away on missions. So she'd given him to a copy of her cousin Nala, and he'd seemed pleased with the arrangement. And who knew, the real Nala might like him as well, Jaya had already decided to bring Kaalth back with her, since he was clearly not able to really look after himself.

But the strange alien had jerked awake and insulted Kaalth, who hadn't intended to harm the alien. He'd just forgotten how delicate Terrans could be. But he'd offered insult and then struck him, and Jaya arrived on the floor just in time to see a bar fight and possibly a riot on the verge of breaking out. Fortunately, she'd been dancing, and then coupling for the last two hours, and her pheromones were already pouring off of her, drawing the attention of every male in the place, and giving them the urge to please her.

"Gentlemen." she said "Everything is fine, please relax and enjoy your drinks." switching to Orion for a moment she said "Kaalth, I've got this under control, you can take a break." Finally, she turned her attention to the Terran "And you. Why are you coming here and starting fights? I'm sure you could find a more pleasant way to enjoy yourself at the Green Goddess."
Sons of Anarchy-Main TV Universe

48 Posts
3 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Mike

Jax could have sworn that the place’s music changed as the woman walked into the room. The entire atmosphere changed as soon as she flounced into the room in… well, she wasn’t wearing much of anything, really, a fact which Jax was very appreciative of. Hell, he found himself appreciating that more than the fact that all the men in the room were putting down the bottles and stools they’d reached for. Even Shrek looked like he wasn’t looking for a fight anymore.

She was, to put it mildly, smoking hot. The strips of cloth that were maintaining the barest hints of modesty left every single curve on her free for him to see without even needing to undress her with his eyes, and right now, Jax was finding ‘look but don’t touch’ to be close to cruel and unusual punishment. “Right,” he said under his breath, “Green goddess. I get it now.”

She was, apparently, taking the side of her guy, which… all right, he got that. This place was pretty close to the sort of joint he felt at home in, when you got down to it, aside from the green skin. She was handling this like any of the madams he’d known would have done: Make sure the troublemakers were either going to behave or get the hell out, and he was pretty sure she could get him the hell out of here if she wanted to. He didn’t want that. He didn’t want anything that had to do with more distance between him and the body in front of him.

“Hey, I just wanted a beer,” he said, giving her his best ‘aw, shucks, this is just a big misunderstanding’ smile, “And maybe to watch the show for a little bit. I don’t know what that guy was saying, all I know is what it looks like when a guy’s getting ready to hit you, and that’s what that guy looked like. I mean, look at him, you think I want him putting me through the floor?” He forced himself to look around for a minute, take the place in, before his eyes locked back onto Jaya, “You’ve got a nice place here. Looks like excellent services. I don’t want to start anything here, I just didn’t want him starting something on my face.”
Star Trek-AOS

205 Posts
8 Threads
Job:
Katie

Once Jaya arrived and took control of the situation, Kaalth relaxed visibly. He was still much happier if a woman was in charge if a problem cropped up. This amused Jaya slightly, in the Orion Syndicate everyone worked hard to preserve the illusion that the men were in charge, and the women were nubile pieces of property. In private of course, things were different, but that was in private. Of course, in the Hub almost no one recognized Orions, and so it hadn't seemed worth it to maintain the full illusion. Besides, the Terrans who did know would just assume that Jaya was atypical, or reveling in the 'freedom' that the Hub gave her, not realizing or caring that what they were seeing was the reality of how Orion families ran their business. Well, more or less. Jaya was young to be the senior woman in the family, but she'd been raised to adapt, and adapt she had.

When the alien-she was fairly certain he was a Terran, at any rate started to make his excuses, she couldn't help but laugh. He accepted her authority so automatically, and was trying to gain sympathy by acting like a naughty adolescent, it was really quite charming. Before she answered him, Jaya exchanged a few words in Orion with her uncle, making sure that she had the full story about what had transpired. The she turned to the Terran. Who was, she noticed, really quite good looking, once you got past the pinkish skin and the excessive body hair. Well muscled, for a Terran, which could be interesting, and potentially useful.

"You might be here for a beer, but it looks like you need a shower, a bed and a hot meal. Ideally in that order." Jaya replied. If he was going to act like a naughty child, she'd act like his elder sister or perhaps his mother. "Which was what Kaalth was trying to ask if you wanted. I'm sorry if you didn't understand him, his English isn't very good, and he has no universal translator, plus he's still getting used to how delicate other species can be." Diplomatically not comparing Orions to Terrans directly, even though an Orion man was roughly four times as strong as a Terran male of the same size. And Kaalth was not a small man. She smiled slightly " He does know the word 'Shrek' though. So you might want to rethink that nickname, if you plan on coming here again." she wasn't planning on kicking him out, not on a first offense.

"Thank you." she said, accepting the praise for what was "I think, though, that you'd enjoy some of the services more after you've cleaned up and rested." and after she'd worked out what it was he might be able to barter. Not that she'd turn him down flat if he wanted to couple now, but she'd send him to one of the other girls, likely one of the copies, since coupling with a male who was filthy and exhausted would not be enjoyable for anyone.

48 Posts
3 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Mike

nted him to take a bath, enough for her to mention it more than once. He knew he wouldn’t be that fresh, he’d been riding all day. He was sweaty, he was windblown, and he dusty, but… well, he guessed a brothel had to have its standards, right? All right, he could play along. It was her place, after all, and if it made her happy, well, that was just perfect, wasn’t it?

His gaze traveled to the retreating form of Kaalth, not really comprehending what she was talking about with ‘translators’ and such, but he got the gist of it, he supposed. “Not that delicate,” he said, not wanting her to have a reason to think him too weak to be noticed. It was just that he didn’t want the other guy to get a free hit in when he could help it, didn’t that make sense? “Yeah, well, it fits him,” he had to say. After all, well, look at the guy. If he wasn’t an ogre, he at least had a grandfather who’d knocked one up.

“All right, darlin’, I’ll take the advice. Is this your way of telling me that you have rooms you can rent me, too, or is this how you get me to get out of here for now?” he asked. He wondered if he was going to have to have an empty bed. That just felt like a waste of everyone’s time, particularly his. If he wasn’t going to get any action tonight, he at least wanted a chance to watch some green dancing girls, particularly the one standing in front of him now, because… well, damn.
Star Trek-AOS

205 Posts
8 Threads
Job:
Katie

"No, not that delicate." Jaya said, giving him an admiring smile. He was tall, and well muscled and no doubt he was used to thinking of himself as a big, strong, powerful male, and took pride in that. Jaya wasn't about to deflate that pride by mentioning the fact that Orions were significantly stronger, pound for pound, than Terrans. Being able to play on a male's pride was such a useful tool, after all. "He knows an insult when he hears it." Jaya replied. She wasn't going to put up with this male insulting her species, after all. "So does she." she added, nodding her head to where Nala was taking the stage. "Thats his wife. My cousin, Nala."

"Its my way of telling you that we have rooms for rent. How long you stay, that depends on your wishes, and what you can offer in payment." she looked at him carefully, and decided that this male might be worth keeping around "I need a bouncer, if you need a job. The pay is room, board and company when you're off duty. If you're interested." knowing from the way he was looking at her that the answer was likely to be yes.

48 Posts
3 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Mike

And apparently, the lady liked what she saw. Score one more for the MC. Belatedly, in the back of his head, Jax noted that this was the first time he’d been around a woman when he hadn’t been fighting off the thoughts of his wife, of what had happened, of the way his life had fallen apart… but only in the back of his mind. It was so much easier than usual to focus on Jaya, and that was really a nice change. Even when she pointed out Kaalth’s wife, he didn’t get that sense of emptiness stabbing him in the heart, which was… weird, but he wasn’t complaining. “Lucky guy,” Jax commented. Apparently, Shrek had done pretty well for himself.

A bed to sleep on would be good, he had to admit, and staying in a titty bar? Well, could you really beat that? “I could use a job,” he admitted. “Don’t know how much longer my luck’s going to hold out riding and hoping for a place to stay.” And hoping for a place to stay where there were women like this… well, what could he say? Life was good today. “I mean… if you want to keep me around, I can definitely make the time. Keeping guys in line around the girls isn’t really a new job for me.”
Star Trek-AOS

205 Posts
8 Threads
Job:
Katie

"Yes he is." Jaya agreed. Lucky that he'd found his way to another Orion, and lucky that he'd get to spend his life in a time when men had more freedom than when he'd been born. It had taken the poor man a week to realize that it was permissible for him to express interest in Nala. Not like in his day, when a man who was too much of a flirt would get a reputation for being unruly and disobedient. She smiled at the Terran "But he might not be the only lucky one here."

"Oh, I'm sure you'll make yourself very useful." Jaya said, with wicked grin that made all sorts of promises "So lets say its a one week trial, to see how things work out. You've bounced before?" she asked. It seemed like a reasonable guess.

48 Posts
3 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Mike

She was playing him. Jax knew that she was playing him, and he found himself not really caring. There was just something about her that said that the time he’d be shown would make the fact that she was playing him totally worth it, and he wanted to know more about what that would be like. “Maybe everyone’s lucky today,” he countered, smiling at the woman, trying not to show the fact that she had him right where she probably wanted him. He couldn’t let her get too full of herself, now, could he?

Jax had been many things in his life, but one job he couldn’t ever really say he’d been paid for was to be a bouncer. That wasn’t, however, to say that he hadn’t been employed for related sets of relevant skills. “I’ve had to run protection before, I’ve had to… send messages for people before. I had to organize security for a house like this before, I know what needs to get done.” Of course, he hadn’t always been successful. The Diosa girls, Collette… damn, now he had to remember more people that he should have been meeting after that last ride, people that he’d completely let down. Well, in this case, maybe he wasn’t going to screw up like that again. His head was on straight now, that had to help at least somewhat.
Star Trek-AOS

205 Posts
8 Threads
Job:
Katie

Jaya could tell that the Terran male was aware that he was being manipulated, and was doing his best to hide that fact from her. It wasn't a particularly unusual reaction, especially for Terrans. Still, she'd do her best not to draw his attention to the fact that she was well aware that he'd do more or less whatever she wanted him to, when dealing with alien males the best way was to behave as though they were needed, for their ability to take care of poor, helpless females.

That said, she wouldn't want to appear excessively helpless, since with the amount of experience he had, Jackson might very well decide to take over the Green Goddess. Which would be something that she could handle, yes, but it could get tiresome quickly. So best not to appear incapable. Just in need of a big, strong, capable male.

"Yes, perhaps it is a lucky night for everyone." she said with a little laugh. "There isn't much competition in the Hub, since its easier to expand than it is to push out someone offering a similar service. Not that there are many who can offer what we do. So that is the good news, the main thing you'll have to worry about are people who come in and decide to cause trouble instead of enjoying themselves." she said the last with a bit of a raised eyebrow "So it shouldn't be terribly difficult. You'll be working with Kaalth, he's the other bouncer."

48 Posts
3 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Mike

At one point, in his old life, taking over the club might have been on Jax’s list of priorities, but now? Well, what was he going to do? He didn’t have any money, he didn’t have his club to back him up. No, for once, Jax was forced to look at things on a smaller scale. He wasn’t the big shot with the army of bikers behind him anymore, when he looked at this place, he could only be a customer or a worker. Strangely, he found that idea to be oddly liberating. He didn’t have to worry about the big picture. Any real problems that came up? Well, they were someone else’s problems, not his to have to fix anymore.

Jax looked around the bar, his eyes fixing onto one of the dancers for a moment, before his gaze snapped back to Jaya. No one else could provide a service like she could? Oh, he’d believe that in a heartbeat. “I think I can live without dealing with a turf war for a while, that sounds perfect,” he said. Working with Shrek, on the other hand… that didn’t sound particularly great. Hopefully the guy wasn’t the type to hold a grudge. “So… I think you were wanting me to go get cleaned up?” he added, that cocky smile coming back to his face.
Star Trek-AOS

205 Posts
8 Threads
Job:
Katie

Jaya saw him considering, weighing the options, and that pleased her. A male who could think could be a useful asset, assuming that he'd be compliant. Of course, if he did rock the boat too much, she'd just cut him loose, but it would be an annoyance, and having a staff who could be left on their own for a couple hours at a time would help her have more time to work on the shuttle.

"Turf wars are not my idea of a good time either." Jaya agreed. That was part of the reason why Orion Slave Girls existed, after all. To let the Orion Syndicate to take over and expand peacefully, or relatively peacefully. "Kaalth won't hold a grudge." she added, in case he was worried about that. Even if Kaalth hadn't been calm and even tempered, a word from her or Nala would cause him to drop it. "Of course." Jaya said with a smile of her own "Follow me, I'll take you to your quarters."

She lead him back into the kitchen, to a plain door. This was the entrance to the 'family quarters', which were largely unoccupied, and contained the rooms that Jaya rented out to employees and people they knew and would vouch for. "Here is your room." she said, then tapped a few buttons on the panel next to the door "Put your hand on the lighted panel, and then you can use your handprint to open the door." she said, assuming Jax wouldn't be familiar with the technology. Once they were inside, the room was small and fairly utilitarian. A bed, big enough for two people to sleep comfortably, or couple energeticly, a closet built into one wall, and a small table near the bed A door on one side lead to the bathroom, which contained an Orion style squat toilet and a shower, along with a sink. Space was at a premium on space stations, and it was something of a luxury to have a private bath.

48 Posts
3 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Mike

No turf wars… now that was a nice thought. Not always a practical thought, but still a nice thought. He hoped she was right. If she wasn’t right… well, he supposed that was where he would end up coming in.

“I can handle grudges,” Jax said, shrugging that one off. After all, when he’d gone out, he’d ended up making peace with one of his family’s oldest enemies, someone he’d ended up looking at as a friend in the end. What would Alvarez think of this situation? Probably something like ‘Watch where your pants are leading you, ese.’

Still, it was nice to have a place to lay his head. He was used to living at his workplace, after staying in the room over the clubhouse for months and then living out of Diosa whenever it had been a good idea. It kept business on the mind, he supposed, and that was a good thing for him. He needed to think about business, because business… well, it wasn’t personal, and that meant it wouldn’t get messy. Unless, of course, business got personal… Jax looked Jaya up and down as he followed her through the back of the building. Did he want it to get personal? Oh god yes, very personal… but she didn’t strike him as a woman who was getting involved in anything. At the end of the day, she was a hooker, and her interest was going to last about as long as either his money or his useful work lasted. He supposed that was a good work incentive, though, wasn’t it?

“Nice place,” he commented as he looked around the bedroom. He didn’t sound like he was overly awed or anything, but the room was comfortable, and for being so simple, it was nice, so he was definitely appreciative. Really, he liked having a simple place more than a fancy place. In a weird way, a small room you were renting was easier to make your own place than a house that you owned was, and for being a place that was boarding him for work provided... well, this was a good deal, for sure.
Star Trek-AOS

205 Posts
8 Threads
Job:
Katie

"I'm glad to hear it." Jaya said "Kaalth is a good person, I'm glad you're willing to give things another chance." Jaya said approvingly. She was glad that he was being sensible, without her needing to be more pushy about it. It was always good when males were cooperative.

She smiled at his reaction as he looked around the room. The rooms in the family quarters were designed to be comfortable and cozy, and it was good to see Jax responding to that. "You like the room?" she asked, smiling at him. "Would you like to examine some of the other amenities?"

48 Posts
3 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Mike

Well, maybe the guy was a good guy, Jax didn’t know. She was going to be biased toward her own people, after all, and who knew if she had a different idea of what a good person was? She was, after all, a madam, which meant that her morality was already skewed beyond what most normal people would have (although not beyond what he was used to), and beyond that, she wasn’t human. Still… he wasn’t going to get any mileage thinking on those terms, now, was he? It was an all but useless line of thought. “We’ll see how it goes,” he assured her.

That smile she gave him, though… Something about her was already clawing at him, and the way she smiled at him, the sudden proximity to him that he noticed… had he really been on the road that long to be this anxious to please a woman when she came up to him looking like that, smiling like that? Jax had always loved the ladies, after all, who didn’t? But right now, nothing in the world seemed like a better idea than doing exactly what this woman wanted him to, just to make her smile that much longer, just to see how much more pleased she could look… “Well, if you want to show me around, I’m open to suggestions,” he said, that cocky smile covering up just how off balance he felt around her.
Star Trek-AOS

205 Posts
8 Threads
Job:
Katie

Jaya just nodded, pleased that this problem was dealt with. Things always moved more smoothly when everyone was working well together. Her business had enough potential for tension and drama, and it was better when things were calm in the family quarters. Not that she had much experience with that, except for when she and Nala had been teenagers, and fond of competing for the best clients. Fortunately they'd both gotten over that phase, after some sharp words from Jaya's mother had settled things down.

She noticed the eager to please, excited look in his eyes, and couldn't help but smile. Jax was well on his way to the state that Orion men called 'woman drunk' and like most Orion women, she loved seeing a male in that state. "An excellent idea." she replied "If you go through that door, I'll be glad to show you how the shower works. And help you wash, if you would like assistance."

48 Posts
3 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Mike

The offer left Jax picturing, vividly, what it would be like undressing the green-skinned woman. He’d grown up an outlaw, his mind always on bikes, on the illicit activities that his young mind had been able to imagine the club being involved in, and, well, women. He hadn’t ever had any particular interest in science fiction, he hadn’t pictured banging an alien as he was growing up, but right now? There was absolutely nothing more he could think about. He was, of course, being manipulated, he thought, and it wasn’t the first time he’d realized this. The question was, what would he do about it?

Well, get in the shower, of course.

“Well, I have to make sure I’m clean enough for you. I guess that’s the best way to make sure, isn’t it?” he said, that moment when he’d see what little bit her clothes were hiding getting tantalizingly closer.
Star Trek-AOS

205 Posts
8 Threads
Job:
Katie

Jax was eager and he was interested, and he looked like he couldn't wait to ravage her, and all of that suited Jaya's mood perfectly.

"That is a good point." Jaya said, leading him into the bathroom. The plumbing and its controls might not be precisely what he was used to, but it wouldn't be that difficult for him to figure out. Jaya turned the water on-it might be extravagant, even with modern water recycling, but no Orion thought that sonic showers really left you feeling clean.

That done, the room starting to fill with steamy heat, Jaya took a step closer, hands reaching down to pull his shirt off.