DC-DCTVU-1

463 Posts
21 Threads
Job: PA/Magician
Ship Status: Single with Complications
Sexual Orientation: Pan-Romantic
Nyte

All Accounts Posts: 1,394
Christian’s response to Safi grabbing him was immediate and without a single conscious thought; he leaned into Safi, bracing himself against the taller man as he gasped in a deep breath to replace what he’d lost when Safi’s fist had connected with Chris’ stomach.

He did not mean to make that small, whiny little noise when Safi pulled away. Truth, Safi requested, and Chris made a face at him, “Just need to catch my breath.” He gave Safi a cheerful smile, “Unless saying no will get me another hug.” Because Safi gave the absolute best hugs. There were never enough Safi hugs.

“Maybe? I don’t like the destruction of the paper part, that’s all.” He wouldn’t like the idea of Safi taking the hit, either, though, so…

Instead of dwelling on the failure, Christian moved to draw another of the runes, putting his focus on it like he would were he healing Belle or Safi, willing his magic into the spell, the ritual, the paper and symbol, willing it to work. It took him a few minutes, he took his time with it, letting himself make sure it was right as well as taking the time to let himself recover.

Then instead of destroying the paper, he folded it neatly and placed it in his breast pocket, keeping it on him, and gave a sigh as he prepared himself.

Safi’s punches freaking hurt, dammit. He wanted this to work. Safi would only start feeling bad, and maybe even think Christian wasn’t even good at magic… Crap. “Okay.” Chris stood, watching Safi, and while he looked less at ease than he had before, thinking for sure the magic would work, so confident that it would just work the first time, he still wasn’t scared of Safi.

Just maybe of the magic not working and getting hurt. Because that wasn’t fun, for either of them, he was pretty sure.
DC-TV-1

378 Posts
9 Threads
Job: Bodygaurd
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Kel

All Accounts Posts: 1,579
Safi’s hand rubbed tiny circles into Chris’s back, apologizing wordlessly for hurting him. Another hug? Safi chuckled pulling him in for another quick cuddle, the other man seemed touch starved at times and who was he to deny such a simple request?

It cost him nothing and comforted them both. Easy choice.

He kept a hand on Chris’s back while he worked, hoping the contact wouldn't disrupt his spell or concentration; “Sure?” He asked a frown pulling at his lips at the idea of hurting chris again intentionally.

At the smaller man's affirmation Safi inhaled clinching his gut and punched.

Only to end up on his back from the power backlash.
DC-DCTVU-1

463 Posts
21 Threads
Nyte

Safi couldn’t know how impossibly bold it was of Christian to actually ask for a hug. Hell, how bold it was of him to lean into the so-easily offered touches that Safi gave, for that matter. But Christian couldn’t vocalize that he didn’t normally feel comfortable enough to do that, to ask for affection, even if he did, most of the time, with Safi. It helped and encouraged him that when he did ask for another hug, Safi was so willing to comply with the request.

The physical reassurances had a visual impact on the smaller man; they nearly always did, really, but today, he simply took the affection and let it bolster him, diving back into the magical lesson. The second time around, Christian still put all of his focus and will into the design, but he focused more on the meaning of the design and ritual, the connection and what it was supposed to mean than on the actual symbols.

When he was finished, he stepped back and told Safi he was ready. Once again, Safi asked if he were sure, and this time, Christian hesitated only a moment before standing up straight and nodding firmly, “I’m sure.” They said no pain, no gain. Well, Chris had the pain part, and now it was time for the gain, right?

To his credit, he didn’t even flinch when Safi swung at him again. He knew it would hurt, he knew that Safi wouldn’t pull the punch (he hadn’t last time), but Christian wasn’t going to let himself be afraid, not of Safi, not of being hit. He’d had worse, and he knew it.

What he hadn’t expected, hadn’t wanted, was to see Safi take the blow instead of himself.

“Safi!” Christian yelped out the larger man’s name, in motion well before Safi found himself on his back to kneel next to him, eyes wide, “Are you okay? I’m so sorry!”
DC-TV-1

378 Posts
9 Threads
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Kel

Surprise took his breath away more so than the impact, when he did get it back he was laughing, reaching up to clap Chris on the arms. “Good!” That was perfect! He didn't complain about the backlash, that was what he's been expecting after all and much better than Chris taking the hit.

“Try again. Need to see how much needs to be charged or if can work twice.” Bouncing to his feet he raised his eyebrows “ready?”
DC-DCTVU-1

463 Posts
21 Threads
Nyte

Nope.

Christian didn’t like the idea of hurting anyone, but this was Safi, of all people! Safi, who had protected him, who had been there every time Chris had turned around, been supportive even in the face of something like this, something to do with the magic that Safi disliked and Christian loved so much. Safi.

And Christian had hurt him.

That Safi didn’t seem to mind, that the man was laughing and telling him he’d done well, didn’t really matter, not to Chris. Safi was one of the very few people (two; one of the two people) in the world that Christian trusted, and to have hurt him, even like this, on accident… “I…”

”Try again.”

Christian shook his head hard, eyes still wide, “No no no, wait… Safi… I…” Chris took a deep breath to keep control over himself, to fight back the urge to crumple up or cry or something else just as embarrassing, “I don’t think so. I don’t… Are you hurt??”
DC-TV-1

378 Posts
9 Threads
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Kel

Safi just smiled, resting his hands on Chris’s shoulders. “I'm fine! Nothing hurt.” He frowned sternly, “less than you've been hurt by the first punch. So try again.” Safi brushed his thumbs across Chris’s shoulders resisting the urge to move his hands up to caress Chris’s so worried face. Smooth the forming stress lines.

“Try again.” He cajoled.
DC-DCTVU-1

463 Posts
21 Threads
Nyte

Safi’s smile did not, for once, make Christian feel better. The statements that he wasn’t hurt, however, did. Chris trusted Safi, so if Safi said he was fine, then he was fine. Less than Chris had been hurt when Safi had hit him. Well, Christian was alright, so Safi was obviously alright too.

The touch Safi gave, however, hands on Christian’s shoulders, the swipe of his thumbs, had their own effect on the smaller man. Chris sighed and relaxed, closing his eyes momentarily as he gathered himself, preparing himself for another round.

“Okay, okay…” As though Christian would argue with Safi for long. He’d agreed to do this, to let Safi teach him, and so he would. He just hated that Safi could have gotten hurt.

He sighed, then nodded to Safi once he was ready, hoping that it worked again, but also hoping that Safi didn’t get hurt again, too.
DC-TV-1

378 Posts
9 Threads
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Kel

Safi stopped himself, reminding his wayward fingers that Chris had made it clear that he saw safi as a safe person and nothing more. And Safi would not break that trust for a moment's pleasure.

Bracing himself against the hopeful backlash( and keeping himself ready to catch Chris invade the hit passed through-) Safi threw a harder strike, still pulling the punch but hard enough this time to knock him on his ass.

...or safi on his.

“Wonderful!” He coughed out from his place on the floor, “glad we moved the table.” He'd crashed threw glass often enough to not look forward to it when it was his own coffee table.
DC-DCTVU-1

463 Posts
21 Threads
Nyte

Yes, Safi was safe. Of course he was. But that didn't mean that Chris was any less attracted to him; if nothing else, the fact that the larger, obviously dangerous man was so safe for Chris only made Safi more attractive. Being able to trust someone as entirely as he did Safi was a very rare and wonderful thing. And Safi was so damn good looking…

And seeing Safi fall again did not make this better, or easier, or fun in any, even small, way. It felt like the floor had dropped out on him, seeing Safi fall like that, knowing it was because of him. Christian hated it, and he couldn't say he liked this magic all that much, either, not with the effect it had had on Safi.

Wonderful, Safi said, but Chris frowned, biting his lip as he moved to the other man to make sure Safi was still okay. “I don't like this, Safi… If we keep doing this, you're going to be hurt…”
DC-TV-1

378 Posts
9 Threads
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Kel

Safi sighed, “im ok, this isn't even anywhere near as painful as sparing. I know how to take a fall.” He promised clasping Chris’s shoulders again. “But...we can stop for tonight. Promise me you'll wear the charm when you go out?” Again he resisted the urge to tip Chris’s chin up, run his thumb over the little cleft in his chin.

Damn it.

He needed a distraction.

“Let's call it for now.” He began to move the furniture back into place. “You tired from
That? Need rest?”