DC-DCTVU-1

310 Posts
15 Threads
Job: PA/Magician
Ship Status: Single with Complications
Sexual Orientation: Pan-Romantic
Nyte

All Accounts Posts: 975
It had been an extremely long day. Chris had worked extra long hours all week, and coming ‘home’ to something new was a challenge. Change was a challenge in and of itself, and living somewhere new, with someone else, (someone who looked like Safi), was a series of challenges. Doing it while tired because of a long workday was… Well, while he was looking forward to getting there, he was also sort of dreading it.

Still, Safi made things a lot better. A bit easier, even if it was still harder than Chris would like it to be. But he’d moved before, and he’d lived with other people before, too. He’d lived with people he had liked a whole lot less, but never someone he’d found attractive. Certainly no one like Safi.

The train was still one of Christian’s favorite ways of traveling to and from work, but he sometimes called for an Uber, too. Especially on a night like tonight when he was tired and the train wouldn’t come for too long to comfortably wait. So Chris called an Uber before he headed down, and then moved through the building in his usual routine, just… Later.

Now, has he unlocked the door, he yawned, thinking about the roast that he had in the oven. On low, it would be just about done by now, and that… Mmmm. He’d have enough time to whip up some mashed potatoes and gravy, some broccoli, and a glass or two of iced tea (he didn’t put much sugar in his, unlike his sister), and when he sat down, it could be like he was a kid again, eating at Belle’s ma’s place. Only tonight, he could share the meal with Safi. If Safi liked roast beef, anyway.

That was always a shot in the dark, whether the other man would enjoy a meal. But Chris hoped! Nothing too extravagant, just a nice meal they could share at the table, and talk…

Even as he crossed the threshold, he could smell the roast and new he’d have to hurry with the rest lest the meat overcook or start to go cold if he took it out of the oven. Well, the good news was the potatoes were cleaned, he only needed clean and boil them, ten minutes tops and he’d have that part ready, which was more than enough time for the gravy to heat up back to warm enough, and the broccoli to steam.

He set the bag he’d brought with him on the counter. He hoped Safi liked Bordeaux. It was the best to pair with the meal, and Christian had splurged on it.
DC-TV-1

280 Posts
4 Threads
Job: Bodygaurd
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Kel

All Accounts Posts: 1,032
Robert Safi Wasem jogged up the internal staircase to his apartment. Sure he could have taken the elevator but this meant he could sneak in another 10 minutes of cardio conditioning at the end of his nightly workout and save that time in the actual gym. Sure it wasn't great on his bad knee but he believed in tough love, the harder he worked the stronger it would stay.

It was odd. They lived together worked in the same building had more or less the same work hours...and they still managed to hardly see each other. Which he supposed was good? Any other room
Mate and he would have been glad for the non obtrusive way they lived. But Chris? Chris was an itch in his brain.

“Honey I'm hoommee.” He sing songed, stripping off his sweaty t-shirt, kicking the door closed behind him.
DC-DCTVU-1

310 Posts
15 Threads
Nyte

Chris tried to be as surreptitious as possible. Stay out of the way, keep your magic, and your eyes (and your hands), to yourself, try to be quietly helpful. Do Not make Safi Regret This.

Shockingly, Christian often used the gym at Lexcorp. He ran, he used the rowing machine, he even used the weight machines. And he was in shape. As soft as he appeared, Chris was definitely no slouch. He wasn’t a show off, but when he was comfortable, he wore tee shirts that showed just a bit more what sort of shape he was in. Which was… Shockingly good shape.

He cooked often. As often as he could, actually, and always for two. Meals that Safi didn't partake of simply weren't cooked again. It was, he supposed, a little bit because he was grateful for having a place to stay, but also because it was the courteous, polite, and right thing to do. Besides, he liked Safi, and as Chris had told Thea, food was love.

Christian's suit coat was neatly, carefully, hung up, announcing his presence subtly, while the man worked steadily in the kitchen. With a small, shy smile, Chris poked his head out the door, "Do you like roast beef?"
DC-TV-1

280 Posts
4 Threads
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Kel

It had been easy to fall into old habits, texting his ‘roommate’ with updates to his daily schedule. If he was going to be late, if he needed to pick anything up.

Of course he'd catch himself treating Chris like his...well wife. And than forcibly stop himself from sending those texts for a few days...till he got distracted and he cycle began again.

“Roast beef?” Safi’s nose twitches curiously. “Sure. Will it keep for a shower?” He asked scrubbing a hand threw his hair dislodging a spray of sweat.
DC-DCTVU-1

310 Posts
15 Threads
Nyte

Life was good. It was confusing, and full of unwanted discomfort, but good nonetheless.

How was it uncomfortable? Well… He was living with a man he had a rather large crush on. Living with. Which lead to… moments. Moments in which Christian ducked into his room and avoided his roommate for periods of time, moments in which Chris blushed darkly, and had even developed a habit of chewing his lower lip.

How was it confusing? Oh god. That was a whole ‘nother thing.

He had called Belle, because… Because! “No, you don’t understand, Belle. It’s.. I don’t know.” He stirred the au ju to keep it from growing too thick, and then went back to the potatoes. They were still much too clumpy. “I mean, for days on end he’ll text me, just letting me know things. Little things, even. The man will ASK me if I need him to stop and pick up milk. It’s… I never thought living with someone could be so easy, you know? Anyway, this will go on for days and then all of the sudden… Poof! No texts at all. He just.. Stops. Cold shoulder, at least text wise!”

He paused, snapping the potato masher down on some particularly stubborn clumps with perhaps more force than was absolutely necessary, and back into the pot with the au ju went the spoon for a quick swipe, “He never says why he’s upset with me, or what I did, or… Anything. And then suddenly, after a few days, there’s the texts again. I mean, I never asked him to text me! I didn’t expect it, but it’s…” Chris sighed, then complained, “He doesn’t yell at me, and I never know why he stops. How can I stop doing annoying things if he doesn’t tell me which things I’m doing are annoying?? But today we’re back to texting, so… I just wish I knew what the trigger was!”

He heard the door open and looked up, “Hey, I gotta go. Love you! I’ll see you this weekend!” He poked his head around out of the kitchen to greet Safi, and smiled, and nodded quickly to the other man, “Oh sure, definitely. Still mashing up the potatoes. Go. Get clean, and then food!”
DC- DC-TV-1

52 Posts
2 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Kel

“Sweetie them potatoes done nothing to deserve that fate.” Belle smiled over the line Lessening the sting, she could see with a glance at the FaceTime app that Chris was taking out his frustrations on the starch.

“Well-” Belle frowned thoughtfully, her expression covered by a white face guard; dinner for him meant she was already at work in the restoration lab. But she'd told him again and again that he was more than welcome to keep her company during the long night. And he knew well enough when to quiet down if she needed to concentrate on a tricky bit.

“Now ya said he was married till just a bit ago? An’ before that in the military? Maybe he's just used to reporting in?” She really didn't want to go down the route that Chris was right and he was annoying the dashingly handsome bodyguard. “An’ than he remembers he's not havin’ to anymore?”

Belle had been trying to lead the conversation to HER news but she'd never derail her brother when he was on a roll.

“Oh hun talk to you later!” Belle waved at the camera.
DC-TV-1

280 Posts
4 Threads
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Kel

“How's your sister?” Safi asked kicking his shoes into the closet, the tail end of the conversation had clued him into who he'd been facetiming before he'd interrupted. “Hey don't hang up on my account. If you want privacy-” Safi hitched a thumb to his bedroom. “I'll watch GOT in there after my shower.” Safi really didn't wait for an answer; he'd learned well enough by now that a lot of times it was just better to go ahead with being more accommodating because chris would never take him up on his offers when directly pressed.

Spending the better part of a decade in the military had left him with little to no body modesty, unthreading his belt one handed, Safi tossed his keys,wallet onto the kitchen island and moved his holster to the small safe in the living room.

He was planning on a nice long shower so Chris could chat with his sister but- “Don't for get to tell her that if she gets tired of her boyfriend we ARE engaged.” He quipped grin disappearing behind the bathroom door.
DC-DCTVU-1

310 Posts
15 Threads
Nyte

“The potatoes can take it.” Chris would never do any harm to another living being, another breathing person, but mash potatoes until they were a creamy mess? Oh yes, that… That he could do. And it helped. The frustrations and stress from work, from Safi, from Belle being hurt, from all of it, just ebbed out of him with the effort. Dinner could be quite soothing, and not just eating it, either.

“Yes. Has a little girl, too.” Which made Christian nervous; he was staying in the room he could only imagine Safi had meant for his daughter when she visited. Used to reporting in? Chris blinked, considered his crush-turned-roommate, and then shrugged, “But it’s me. Just me.” And while Chris hadn’t asked Safi to check in, the sudden starts and stops threw him off, and Chris would admit, under duress, that the stops hurt a little bit, mostly because he had no idea what caused them. “You think that’s it? Because we both know I’m annoying Belle. And I know I aggravate him. He’s acknowledged as much.”

Giving Safi a smile, Chris half shrugged, “She’s good. At work right now, we were just chatting.” Safi’s offer earned him a small frown, “Dinner will get cold, though. I’m almost done with it... Shower, and we’ll eat; I can facetime her later, she’s got hours of work ahead of her.” His poor sister, but it was true, and he knew it. Chris watched as Safi moved around the room, and he wasn’t staring, he wasn’t, he was just watching because he was talking to the other man! That was all! Licking his lips, Chris shrugged, “You sure you like roast beef? If you don’t, I’ll make something else, something quick.”

Don’t forget to tell her. Yeah, because that was something anyone would forget; being engaged to Safi.

Was it okay to be jealous of your sister? Christian was pretty sure it wasn’t… He made a small, dismissive noise before he headed back to the kitchen, looking at the phone, “I love you, Belle, but you have all the damn luck.”
DC-TV-1

280 Posts
4 Threads
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Kel

“Na like I said had it once liking forward to it again.” Safi waved again over his shoulder, slipping the bathroom door closed behind him.

As promised he split the difference taking a 15 minute shower which gave him enough time to-

Relax

The back of his head thunked against the tiles, relaxed lethargy slipping through him. He needed that. He just wasn't managing to get out like he was used to and his room mate was VERY DISTRACTING. So taking care of things before dinner after a long day? Just good planning.

Later maybe he'd try for something longer and more satisfying.

“So roast beef?” Grey sweats clung just barely to his hips as Safi padded out. “You know you don't have to cook.” He repeated for the upteenth time.
DC- DC-TV-1

52 Posts
2 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Kel

Now don't get her wrong, Belle loved her ghost, and never have a true thought of straying.

She however wasn't dead.

When belle heard Safis voice she turned her attention fully to the camera displaying her brothers apartment. Oh oh my. Belle sighed, craning her head futility for a longer and better peek before he moved out of frame.

“That is a damn pretty man.” She sighed gustily. “Im the lucky one? Ya get that walkin’ around all days an’ nights.” Belle smiled at her foster brother, the expression showing around her eyes.

“Sweet-pea. Ask him, hell tell him Jonah catalogs his texts and it confuses him.” She offered the excuse handily.
DC-DCTVU-1

310 Posts
15 Threads
Nyte

Some of the nervous energy evaporated when Safi said he liked roast beef. Chris worried; he couldn’t tell which things the other man would like, and which would be flops, and since Safi wasn’t much of a complainer, Christian often found himself guessing whether something was a hit or a miss with Safi.

He had never been told his roast beef was anything but excellent, so there was that.

By the time Safi had showered and...dressed… Christian had dinner finished, and was serving mashed potatoes, roast beef, and the garlic broccoli. And he looked up to… Well, that was a sight, wasn’t it. Belle wasn’t the only one that had paused to admire the bodyguard; Christian spent a moment wherein he may have forgotten what he was doing, and that he was actively speaking to someone else. “Uh… He frowned at his sister, “Yes, you. You’re the one he keeps claiming to be engaged to.”

He gave her a smile that was more distracted than he’d like before he told her, “Okay, okay. Love you, Belle. Talk to you later!”

Bringing plates and silverware out for himself and for Safi, he stopped, going entirely still, at the statement that he didn’t have to cook. Safi kept saying that. He mentioned it a lot. And Chris… Chris had always cooked, for himself, and then for Safi, but…

Bravery, Chris. Bravery was when you were afraid of a thing, even a little bit, and you trudged ahead anyway. “I suppose I don’t, no… But…” He took in a deep breath, building himself up to ask, “Do you not want me to? If you don’t like it… I can stop. I just…” Yeah, he wasn’t ready to say that, so he stopped mid-sentence, moving to sit down in a chair and bending over his plate.

Ask him about the texts… First, though, find out if Safi just hated his cooking!
DC-TV-1

280 Posts
4 Threads
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Kel

“Umm because I am.” Safi, only heard Chris’s half of the conversation waving handly in the direction of the tablet, “Done and done. Hi Belle!” raising his voice to be heard Safi padded past to snag a beer. Only to pause as the shorter man stammered out his question, “You don’t have to cook for me, if you want to i’ll happily eat what you stew up.” Safi dropped his palm to the back of Chris’s head, “I like your cooking.” he added warmly, letting his hand slip to the nape of his neck. “But I don’t want you to feel obligated.” Safi set the beer down infront of the other man, squeezing his neck once before moving away.

“Am I that hard to get along with?” He chuckled with a shake of his head. “Breath, i’m not going to throw your food in your face.”
DC-DCTVU-1

310 Posts
15 Threads
Nyte

“You see what I have to deal with?” Chris began the statement as a complaint before his eyes went wide and he paled slightly, making his goodbyes to Belle quickly, and with just the tiniest bit of panic in his voice. What, exactly, had Safi heard?? “She has a boyfriend, you know… And in order for you to be engaged, she’d have to say yes!” Which of course Belle hadn’t. She loved Jim.

The concern that Safi had heard more than Christian had ever meant him to didn’t keep Chris from not asking about the cooking comment. Because if Safi didn’t like his cooking, then… Well, then Christian didn’t know what he would do. The touch to the back of his head quieted Chris down immediately, leaving him to blink once before he murmured, “Well no, but then what would we eat? And I’m not going to cook just for myself and leave you...” The statement was dismissive, Chris wouldn’t do that to Safi.

The touching was distracting, and not in any way that Christian was going to complain about, either. His breathing all but stopped as Safi dropped his hand to Christian’s neck, and damn him for being so quick to blush, but it felt good, the warmth that spread along his skin, that small coil of something in his stomach at the sensation, “I’m not obligated. But I like to cook for you…” That was more than he’d meant to say. And maybe too much… Safi moved away, and Chris looked down, shaking his head, “No, not really.”

With a sigh, Chris pushed a piece of broccoli around in a small circle on his plate, staying quiet for a moment before he asked, “Safi?” He made sure he had the other man’s attention with a quick glance up before he focused on his plate again, steeling himself for whatever the answer might be, shifting in his seat. He wasn’t squirming, he was just shifting to a more comfortable position. Definitely not squirming. “You started texting me again today…” Chris shrugged, “Can I… What do I do that makes you stop? Because we’re fine, and then suddenly… we’re not… And then you start again, like today, and I can’t figure out...why…” Breathe, Chris, remember, Safi reminded you. Breathe. He finished speaking, and immediately speared the broccoli and ate the piece, determination and dread set on his face. He didn’t know what it was he was doing, but he couldn’t stop unless he did, so...
DC-TV-1

280 Posts
4 Threads
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Kel

“Hey take out and me are old friends.” Safi grinned good naturedly, “Really, we both work long days, no reason to play house wife with the slaving over hot stove on top of all that too.” Ruffling the small hairs at the base of Chris’s neck because well hell he liked touching the other man and he hadn’t complained yet. “But if it's a stress reliever for you-” Safi waved expansively. “Be my guest!”

Taking his place, he assessed the meal for a moment before cutting his meat. “Huh? Oh yeah. Sorry about that.” Why was the other man acting like this was the end of the world? Honestly he still confused the hell out of him. “I keep dropping into old habits, trying to figure out the whole ‘Roommate’ vs ‘Wife’ thing.” one corner of his mouth lifted up in a devoid of humor smile. “Sorry. I’ll make sure I don’t bug you again.”
DC-DCTVU-1

310 Posts
15 Threads
Nyte

“Uh huh… And take out is fine, once in awhile. But it’s really not healthy for long-term consumption.” Chris’ smile relaxed a little bit, even if his blush didn’t go away entirely. “Just don’t expect me to make your bed or do your laundry.” The little half smile Chris wore as he spoke the words was amused, and just a little bit teasing. The continued and increased contact at his neck, however, had the smile relaxing into contentment, and Christian’s eyes slid closed, “I like it,” even Chris wasn’t sure if he was speaking about cooking or what Safi was doing or both, “It’s a way to express myself.” He cooked for Safi because he cared about Safi.

“You don’t have to apologize.” Damn it, he hadn’t meant to… “Safi…” Chris looked up, watching the larger man for a long moment, “I thought I was… Doing something to upset you. Getting the cold shoulder in text form…” He shrugged a little, dropping his eyes back to his plate again, “It didn’t bug me at all, I don’t mind communication. At all. But when it’s stop and go… I didn’t know why. If it was because of something I did.” Chris didn’t look up as he started to cut up his meat, using the task as a reason not to meet Safi’s eyes for the moment.
DC-TV-1

280 Posts
4 Threads
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Kel

Safi blinked, reaching into his pocket to pull out his phone, “Did i miss a text? I thought i responded to all of yours.” How could you give someone a cold shoulder via text when you responded to them? Sure there had been some that he’d gotten to hours later but that had to be expected, when he was actively on a job he couldn’t be checking his phone or texting back, Chris understood that right? Sure he had to.

Something he did? “Like what?” Safi sighed stealing the beer he’d placed infront of Chris for a swig before replacing it, “trust me if you ticked me off you’d know-” chuckling suddenly, “Just like I know when i’ve managed to irritate the PA pool’s favorite.” EVERYONE made sure to get in his face about it subtly at work.

Taking a bite of his meal Safi paused mulling it over thoughtfully, “Very...brown.” He didn’t have a better word in english to describe the taste, “Not bad, very beefy? Stewy maybe?” the mashed potatoes were given a look a small nibble of the puree gaining a half shrug, “Thank you fof dinner.” He added, “I appreciate it.”
DC-DCTVU-1

310 Posts
15 Threads
Nyte

Christian actually gave a little chuckle at Safi’s question. “No, it’s… It’s not like that. Not an actual cold shoulder, Safi. It’s just… I couldn’t figure out why…” Chris shrugged, “It’s not this big of a deal. I just didn’t know what changed that made you text me..less? Not a big deal.” He was being stupid. Nothing new, that. Because yes, Chris did understand that Safi couldn’t just text constantly. Hell, Chris was often too busy to check his phone more than every hour or so as well. That wasn’t what he was referring to.

Like what? Chris barely noticed that Safi was drinking out of the beer that was presumably his due to the question, “Well, I didn’t know, which was why I asked?” If he’d ticked Safi off he’d know? Oh really? “Well, yeah, changes in daily habits are a pretty good indicator of…” Chris stopped to look at Safi, “What do you mean?” Yes, sure, sometimes he’d complain to Tamsin or George when Safi did something that actually annoyed Christian (which wasn’t as often as you’d think), but… He’d had no idea that it was getting back to Safi. “And why am I a favorite now? Because the last two assignments they’ve given me have been… Well… Terrible. Not so sure I’m feeling this love you seem to think I have.”

Brown? How did something taste like a color? Safi said that sometimes, and Chris sometimes understood, and sometimes, like now, he could only guess at. “It’s garlic. In the potatoes. Otherwise they get awfully bland.” He smiled, “I like to cook. More if it’s something that we’ll both enjoy. So if you don’t like something… Just say so. And if you do, well, that’s good to know, too.” Because favorites were things Chris would cook more often, and disliked meals would be discarded. And if it were something Chris liked, well, he’d make it when Safi couldn’t join him.
DC-TV-1

280 Posts
4 Threads
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Kel

“I don’t enjoy...smushy things.” Safi sighed twitching his nose, “Itsn’t bad-” he poked his fork at the white mass, “But the mouthfeel...isn’t pleasant for me.” Safi clearly didn’t want to complain after all he wasn’t a barbarian and Chris had made him a meal after all! “Lumpy I like just cut up and smush with my fork.” he admitted with a small sheepish grin. “Sorry. This is fine.” he took a big bite just to punctuate that statement.

“Please, you are very favorite. They think i have upset you, suddenly copier does not work, I can’t get coordination from the business side unless I go in person.” Safi chuckled, “and the looks because you stop bringing pie...Dimeter-” he named one of the other bodyguards he often paired with- “Complains because he gets it too, and tells me to go kiss and make up.”

“I like pasta.” he offered, “All kinds.”
DC-DCTVU-1

310 Posts
15 Threads
Nyte

Nothing smushy. Mashed potatoes, yeah, that would definitely count as smushy! Chris laughed quietly, shaking his head at Safi as he forced himself to eat the potatoes. “Please, Safi, don’t… Don’t do that.” he waved the other man away from the white mash, “I can roast, bake, fry, scallop.. Potatoes are versatile. I’ll skip the mashed potatoes… Have you ever had rosti? I’ll make that next time, and if you don’t like it, don’t eat it. No point in eating something you don’t like if you don’t have to.” Especially not for Chris’ sake!

Very favorite. O...Kay? Wait, seriously? Safi was blaming the copier not working on him? But the looks, and the pie thing, and… Chris sighed, “I don’t jinx the copier, Safi… But I’ll… Work on it, okay? And I’ll make sure I bring pie. S’not like not bringing pie affects you since you don’t like it.” He shrugged, yeah, sure, he wasn’t always thrilled with Safi, but that didn’t mean he wanted the man punished when he did upset Chris. Right? Well…

Maybe just a little, but Chris didn’t necessarily want to admit that.

Kiss and make up? Chris blushed a little bit, looking down at his plate to carefully cut up his meat, “Well, then I’ll make pasta. And a lot of things that I would normally serve with mashed potatoes go very well paired with pasta instead, so that’s an easy fix.”
DC-TV-1

280 Posts
4 Threads
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Kel

At scallop Safi winced, he for whatever reason he never got used to the cheese taste for that dish, oh he enjoyed baked potatoes with cheese.

Safi rolled his eyes, “I'm a big boy. I can handle some inter office sniping.” He continued with a chuckle, “Besides it does remind me to figure out what I've done to piss you off this time.”

Cooking really was a thing with him wasn't it? Safi just shook his head turning his attention to the meal with a half fond grin.