183 Posts
5 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Kel

All Accounts Posts: 1,584
She was running late.

Worse than that Belle was actually running, heels clattering over slick pavement; it had rained earlier, fog and mist remained. Which was why she hadn’t noticed she was being followed till the first hand closed over her arm.

Five months of self defence classes once a week hadn’t given her much of a background in fighting back, but what she lacked in training Belle made up for in fear. Her voice was frozen by it but her body wasn’t, kicking out driving her cute little polka dotted heel into his knee, he screamed, back handing her and Belle ran.

Fear.

It clawed up her throat, every breath filled with the smell of bile, in the part of her not screaming in terror Belle knew this was more than her...there had been a gas...Scarecrow...maybe nothing was real..

Run.

She had to run.

Her cute little shoes were her favorite, black and white polka dot with a cheerful little red bow on the strappy back, they however were not meant for running, were not meant to be used to attack, the white fabric was stained red with blood now, darkening the cute little bow. Belle ran through the park, fastest way home, fastest way to get to James and safety, he’d take care of her, he’d protect her, he’d keep the demons nipping at her heels away.

Belle didn’t feel the transition between worlds, the lurch as her stomach flipped lost in the terror churning it. One cute little blood stained shoe left behind.

Belle Ran. Ran untill she didn’t know where she was any longer, till the sky turned from grey to peeking dawn.
Star Trek-AOS

319 Posts
18 Threads
Job:
Ship Status: Single
Sexual Orientation: Heterosexual
Katie

All Accounts Posts: 914
Jaya was walking along, heading to the market to track down parts, or materials to make parts, for the shuttle. When suddenly, out of nowhere (or, logically, through a portal, since that was what "out of nowhere" meant around here) when a Terran female bowled into her. Jaya almost stumbled, but managed to keep her feet, and to stop the Terran female. Who it appeared, was running in terror, although Jaya couldn't see what she was running from.

"Whoa!" Jaya said, catching the Terran female "What has happened? Who is chasing you?"
DC- DC-TV-1

183 Posts
5 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Kel

The mist still clung to her, water dripping from the ends of her disheveled hair, clinging to exposed skin slickly. Scarecrow’s toxin infected her blood. Belle’s flight was halted suddenly, violently hitting another woman, a green? Woman? (Toxin had to be the toxin shifting her into a monster)

Her voice was still frozen by terror Belle could only shake like an over bred poodle, the bruises blooming across her face and wrist, her missing shoe told a tale on their own. She tried to say something, anything, even to resume her flight. She needed to get-”James.” she stuttered out, eyes blown wide with pure undiluted fear. She had to get home to James, he was safe.
Star Trek-AOS

319 Posts
18 Threads
Job:
Katie

The Terran female was clearly terrified. Jaya's pheromones didn't work nearly as well on females, but perhaps she could calm her a little. It was worthwhile to try, anyway. "Calm down." she said, firmly but soothingly "Calm down, you're safe."

"James?" Jaya said gently "Was he the one who did this?" it seemed a reasonable question to ask. The females of other species were often the victims of violence from their males. Or even the males of other species. That was one of the reasons why Jaya was glad to be Orion. An Orion man would not, literally could not, raise a hand in violence to a woman. It was a gift given them by their pheromones, and was one of the reasons why they'd been able to avoid the centuries of subjugation that had been the lot of the females of other species. And why they'd been able to do so while retaining a higher degree of sexual dimorphism than was usual in advanced species.
DC- DC-TV-1

183 Posts
5 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Kel

Belle’s mind had already spun off chittering that she had to get away, get home, get to James, get home, get- Belle was only human, and while the pheromones had less of an effect they still hit her unprepared and compromised system like a ton of bricks.

Belle collapsed in the other womans arms, no longer a terrified poodle on the run from the scary outdoors. Nope now she was a terrified poodle hiding behind her person for safety. “Home.” Belle’s head jerked shakely, fighting to get out a coherent sentence. “Waiting for me.” The sliver ring on her left hand was new enough to still shine fetchingly in the sunlight. Belle buried her head on the other woman’s shoulder, taking the comfort her instincts told her was being offered.

“Followed me from the train…”
Star Trek-AOS

319 Posts
18 Threads
Job:
Katie

Jaya wasn't certain if the female was deficient, or just frightened out of her wits. Somehow, she thought it was the latter, but she wasn't quite certain. Still, this was a female, so she was inclined to give the woman the benefit of the doubt. "Shhhh, its ok." she said "You're safe. No one is chasing you. Who was chasing you? Was it this James, or is he the one waiting for you at home?" Either was possible, and she hoped that her questions would help the female marshal her thoughts. "You're safe." she repeated. "I can take you somewhere, get you cleaned up."
DC- DC-TV-1

183 Posts
5 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Kel

Belle shook her head more firmly when the woman asked if James was the one chasing her, and nodded at the correct placement of him waiting at home for her. Belle’s eyes were screwed shut. “Scarecrow. Toxin. Fear.” Any Gothamite, or hell anyone who half watched the news would understand what THAT meant. Belle felt proud of herself that she managed to get THAT much out coherently. Now logically the woman would help her to the hospital or call an ambulance so she could get the antitoxin.
Star Trek-AOS

319 Posts
18 Threads
Job:
Katie

Clearly the Terran female was running from something in her world, since Jaya didn't know what a 'Scarecrow' was, other than something that caused fear. And if she was still running, even after going through a portal, she must clearly be a new arrival to the Hub. And the fear was caused by a toxin, which was interesting. And something that she couldn't fix on her own. Happily, Jaya knew a doctor who could.

"Come with me." she said, quietly, but firmly "Lets get you to a doctor. I know a good one."
DC- DC-TV-1

183 Posts
5 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Kel

Belle heard ‘doctor’, she nodded leaning on the woman, letting her guide Belle where she would. “Call home?” Belle fumbled with her purse, eyes squeezed shut against the visions assaulting her.

The bumpy bunny case was easily to pick out blind, “please.” She got out pressing the device into the other woman's hands. Belle hadn't stopped shaking, if anything her physical coordination was getting worse.
Star Trek-AOS

319 Posts
18 Threads
Job:
Katie

Jaya accepted the primitive communicator from the Terran female. "I'm sorry, dear." Jaya said kindly. This was a female, and even a Terran one should be emotionally strong enough to handle the truth "You're a long way from your home, but we'll see about getting you back as soon as we can. First, lets get you to that doctor, and then get you cleaned up. My name is Jaya. What are you called?"
DC- DC-TV-1

183 Posts
5 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Kel

Long way from home? That didn't make any sense even to her fogged brain, she couldn't have run THAT far even if she'd some who blanked and ended up on another train!

Because of Chris she had service nationwide so why couldn't she call home? A small confused noise was her attempt at vocalizing this sentiment.

“Belle.” Her name was Belle. Why did she need to be cleaned up? Belle shook, all she wanted was a nice bed, in a hospital hooked up to antitoxin.

That was it.

Why was that hard? Was this even real?
Star Trek-AOS

319 Posts
18 Threads
Job:
Katie

"Belle." Jaya repeated. "Come with me, I'll get you to a doctor. His infirmary is just a little way down the road." the Terran was clearly drugged or poisoned, she'd been trained to know the signs. Both of those were things that she knew Bones would be able to handle easily. The Terran seemed able to walk, and if that changed, Jaya knew that she'd be able to carry the Terran without any problem. The female was not large, although she was voluptuous in a way that Jaya had seldom seen in Terran females. Yes, Jaya thought to herself, once she was cleaned up the female would be quite attractive, even with the insipid pinkish beige skin that seemed to be a common phenotype among Terrans. Perhaps she would need a job....

Jaya smiled to herself, realizing that she was getting considerably ahead of herself.The first step was to get the Terran to McCoy and get her patched up. The rest could wait until then.
DC- DC-TV-1

183 Posts
5 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Kel

Belle was trying to stay on her feet, she really was, the issue came from
That for all the willpower she tried to send to reluctant limbs the toxin was stronger.

“Ah-” belle found herself slipping to the ground the world spinning around her, the woman beside her had gone from
Simply green to a terrifying creature of glowing eyes and silver fangs dripping with blood. Belle screamed batting at the apparition with clawed fingers.
Star Trek-AOS

319 Posts
18 Threads
Job:
Katie

Jaya could see that the Terran female was drugged, or affected by some sort of toxin, and she was clearly hysterical. Almost mad with terror, as a matter of fact.

When the Terran fell to the ground, and started batting at her, Jaya realized that the time for gentleness had passed. Fortunately, although she and the red haired female were approximately the same height, Jaya was much stronger than her appearance suggested. Plus, part of her training had involved lifting and carrying people who were intoxicated, and possibly uncooperative. She'd never had to deal with it personally, her family's club had been well run, and the menfolk dealt with recalcitrant patrons, and her former master hadn't been given to overindulging in intoxicants. But she knew what to do, and she picked up the Terran, ignoring her struggles, and carried her to McCoy's infirmary.

"I have a patient for you, Bones." she said, setting down the female with a relieved breath. "A Terran female, I think. She seems to be new to the Hub, and appears to have been exposed to a toxin of some sort that is creating intense feelings of fear. She may also have been assaulted. Physically, not sexually." Normally, even with McCoy, Jaya was careful to conceal her intelligence, her wide and through education. He was a male, and an alien, after all. But this was serious, and she was approaching him as a doctor, not a potential partner for coupling.
Star Trek-AOS

50 Posts
2 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation: Mostly Hetro
Kel

“Good god woman!” McCoy gestured to the biobed he'd half scavenged from the shuttle craft. “How long ago was she dosed?” Bones let Jaya restrain her, trusting the woman to use appropriate force while he concentrated in his readouts frowning at them.

First thing first just because she LOOKED human didn't mean there weren't differences; he'd been here long enough to learn that lesson.

The bruising on her face and hands indicated the struggle Jaya said, and could be ignored for now what couldn't be was how quickly her neural pathways were degrading.

“Pass me the cortical stabilizer.” Bones leaned in deftly weaving through the tangle of limbs to sedate the red head before she could hurt herself or Jaya.

“This is a damn nasty piece of work. They here or her home?” He growled moving to his computer to analyze the drug in her blood.
Star Trek-AOS

319 Posts
18 Threads
Job:
Katie

Jaya handed him the stabilizer, and almost got clawed in the face for her trouble, before she pinned the female's wrist down again "I'm not certain, its been approximately fifteen minutes since she came through the portal. Her condition seems to have degraded rapidly since then, when she came through the portal she seemed capable of speech and could answer questions rationally. Her name is Belle, she said something about a toxin and Scarecrow."

She noted that the female's condition had activated McCoy's protective instincts, and wondered, briefly, what that might mean, if he had a female of his own species in close proximity. Possibly he'd abandon his silly commitment to celibacy. But there were more important issues to deal with at the moment. "She came through the portal alone. Whoever did this is far away from here. I'm not certain who assaulted her, except that it was not her mate. She was clear on that point."
Star Trek-AOS

50 Posts
2 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Kel

“Well thank god for small favors. If we can get her home at least she's goin’ home ta a good one.” Most of his attention was captured by the display. “Never going to stop bein’ surprised by what man does to himself.” He WAS protective. But much of that was that he was a healer in heart and profession and it offended him viscerally to see a clearly synthetic compound destroying the girls hippocampus with brutal sadistic purpose.

“This is meant ta terrify ya ta death, stimulates the memory and imagination to create your own personal demons.” McCoy shook his head glancing at the girl who even sedated whimpered.

“Do you have time to stay and play nurse? Be helpful if I could focus on the cure an’ not on blood draws and monitoring.”
Star Trek-AOS

319 Posts
18 Threads
Job:
Katie

"I hope you're right." Jaya said. "All we know right now is that he didn't do this." normally she'd have left the last part unsaid, but seeing a female who'd been abused like this made her short tempered. Angry at Terran males, who made mouth noises about "equality" and "self-determination" and then turned around and did things like this.

Jaya looked at McCoy, her face set with determination "I do not know if I should pray the being capable of doing this thing never comes here, or if that would be a desirable event." Oh, Jaya wasn't a killer. But not all of the people who came to the Green Goddess were gentle healers. And none of them would hesitate to put someone down who was capable of this sadistic brutality.

"My business wasn't urgent." she replied "Show me what to do, and I believe I can manage." she wasn't a nurse, but she had basic training, and she learned quickly.
Star Trek-AOS

50 Posts
2 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Kel

McCoy only nodded grimly, it would be nice to assume that the young woman would be returning to an idyllic life, and this one event would be relegated to a single traumatic outliner… but neither of them where that optimistic by nature.

“As much as I wouldn't mind getting my hands on him...can you imagine what that’d do here?” He didn't take his eyes off the screen, making notes one handed.

The idea of a toxin like this lose in Hub? Christ go ahead and give him a heart attack why don't you.

“Just keep an’ eye on the monitors, lemme know if anything dips..can you do a blood draw?” McCoy fished out a empty hypo one handed. “Nasty bit of work might take awhile to scrub out of her completely but I can get her on a treatment pretty soon.” He added confidently. It might take him a few days to come up with a full antidote but he was already working on the symptoms.
Star Trek-AOS

319 Posts
18 Threads
Job:
Katie

Jaya nodded "Yes, there are far too many people here who have much to fear. Not to mention the chance of this spreading beyond the Hub." it was a horrible thought to contemplate.

"I'll let you know if there are any changes." Jaya replied "Yes, I can, if it works like a ordinary hypo." she had been trained in basic things and hypos were quite simple to learn to use. "I'm certain you'll figure it out." she said with quiet confidence. There might be things that she and this male disagreed on, but he was a gifted healer.