DC-New Earth

38 Posts
2 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Aubie

All Accounts Posts: 39
James sat on the roof of Belle's building his feet hanging off the edge. His eyes fixed on the ring in his hand. A small gem stone held in twirling silver vines. He searched the world of a ring that would make her immortal. He wanted to give her something that would bind her to him. However...

Belle did not want to live forever. She did not want to watch her loved ones grow old and die. James knew that. Still the idea of going on with out her was hell. She would go to heaven and he... he would be alone. The ring he held was a simple thing. Nothing to fancy nothing to flashy but he did not steal it.

For weeks James had been busking. Doing magic tricks on the street earning money as Belle slept. She did not like it when he stole. So this at the very least he wanted to buy. Looking down at the ring he turned it over in his hand. At first it was just getting his body back now it was something more. His mind drifting back to the fortune teller.

"I will live again." Truth be told James did not mind being a ghost. The burning rage inside him aside it made his time easy. Belle changed all that. He wanted to live a life with her. Even if he knew they would spend forever apart after they died. One life time with her was worth an eternity in hell. After slipping the ring into his pocket he leaned over and fell from the roof. Floating down to her window he reached out and gently tapped on the glass.
DC- DC-TV-1

43 Posts
2 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Kel

All Accounts Posts: 628
Her man was a brooder.

But than what did she expect from a literal incarnation of deathless vengeance and rage?

Belle chuckled at her thoughts, setting down the knife she’d been using to dice the early season strawberries; it had taken effort and quite a bit of research-(Good thing she loved to read!) but Belle was slowly piecing together the magic-(Oh lord her! Doing magic!) to give her man his first taste of food since his death.

And from what he’d revealed about his time among the living perhaps his first meal made with love just for him.

Two weeks might not seem like long, and in honesty it had flown by, but for Belle she was the happiest she’d been in...ever really. James was really the perfect man for her in so many ways, the few rough edges seemed to be at least for the moment being worn down or perhaps he took out his rage moments when she couldn’t see. While bell appreciated the gesture if he did, she’d rather stand with him than be sheltered from any part of him.

Strawberry slices fanned out over the top of her custard pie, creating the picture of domestic bliss, on the stove a medium sized pot boiled away merrily reducing the rest of her harvest into preserves. All around Belle were signs of the meals she was in the stages of preparing for herself for her week of work.

James didn’t make noise unless he wanted too, Belle’s head shot up at the soft tap tap on her window, a wide happy smile greeting him just as she had every night and day he’d visited her since he’d regained his body. Stray tendrils escaped the high messy bun she’d tied her hair into, steam and heat from the stove and her un airconditioned apartment giving her a rosy flushed bloom to her cheeks.

“Ya’ don’t need ta knock.” wiping her hands off on the towel tucked into her waistband Belle moved to the window, wrapping her arms around him as soon as he was inside. “Hello darlin’.” she murrmured agiast his lips giving him a real greeting.
DC-New Earth

38 Posts
2 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Aubie

There was a clamming effect to breathing. It soothed the body and James had long since forgotten what it felt like. Still every time he felt her arms around him and he lips on his it was like he was breathing again. All his fire just melted and the heat inside him was kind instead of burning him up. He held that kiss for long moment his fingers gently slipping up into her hair.

Keeping her close as the kiss broke James smiled softly. Leaning in he gently pressed his forehead to hers. "It may be silly but I take great joy in the ritual of coming home to the woman I love. I am new to this. Two hounded years... and you make me feel like a little lad again." He really did feel like a school boy. If he had found Belle sooner his life could have been very different.

Even when he was alive James had a rage. Standing here with her nothing else mattered not even his vengeance. He let his fingers slid down her body and rest gently on her hips a moment before letting her go. She would fuss at him if he let something she was cooking burn. James looked over her shoulder.

"That..." Stepping over her looked at the counter top. It bubbled with low levels of magic. Traces off it all over the kitchen tools and ingredients. "What is all this?" He looked back over to her with a bewildered expression magic has a cost and he did not want anyone taking advantage of his Belle.
DC- DC-TV-1

43 Posts
2 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Kel

“I love you too.” she responded, taking her own comfort in the feel of him against her, the touch of his forehead on hers, the light yet possessive grip on her hips...it was what she’d always wanted from a lover. So what if he was technically dead? Who was she hurting? He made her happy, and everything he said made it clear he felt the same...so why would she want anything more?

Belle side eyed him, drawing her lower lip between white teeth, was he seeing more than just her cooking? She’d wanted it to be a surprise incase it didn’t work, after all she had kept up her trials of attempting to feed him…

Magic did have a cost, and what she’d learned was a mix between paying forward in energy and intent, so maybe she was a touch more exhausted than she’d have been normally after this amount of work, and maybe she’d burned her thumb on the oven, but honestly? That was hardly a thing more than she’d expect! A little burn was fine with water, and tired meant a quiet night in, she’d been worse off after a double after school back home after all!

Heck she was worse off after most of her work days!

“Just makin’ dinner.” She responded casually, hips swaying intentionally, Belle bent to pull out the roast and trimmings from the oven. “You’re in perfect time. Ah had another read. Help me set the table?” she asked laying out the roast to rest.
DC-New Earth

38 Posts
2 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Aubie

Despite being quite innocent when they meet Belle was quickly learning how to derail any train of thought James had. Her shifting hips drew his eyes and for a moment he didn't think about the magic. As she asked for his help he snapped back and decided to table the topic for another time. "I would be happy to love."

James could have simply floated everything where it needed to go but instead he walked over to the cabinets and got everything down by hand. The small domestic things he found himself enjoying more and more. He set out the plates and cutlery. Humming softly as he made himself useful. Stepping into the living room he came back with a few things he had stashed away earlier that day.

Lighting a candle he started to make up the table nicely. James also had some flowers he picked himself wrapped in one of the free coupon papers one can get at the super market. He felt she deserved better but... it was the best he could do with out stealing. He slipped the flowers into a vase and pulled out one pretty white one.

Biting the stem down he stepped over to Belle and gently James slipped the flower into her hair. A soft smile on his lips. "Just as I thought... it is impossible for you to become more beautiful. You only make the flower more lovely." Leaning in he curled and finger under her chin. Lifting softly he stole a kiss from her lips.
DC- DC-TV-1

43 Posts
2 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Kel

Belle might have been physically innocent, but she’d long since known how to make a man’s eyes follow her, and honestly? She’d always loved that power, in her life there weren’t that many ways and times she did have any kinda real control over how people saw her, but she did know how to turn the heads of just about any straight man she’d come across.

And for all his avowed lack of experience in romance her Gentleman Ghost knew how to drive the breath from her. The soft look in his eyes, the flower he’d thoughtfully picked for her...Belle just sighed happily into the kiss, wiggling her hips against his, hands filled with plates. She didn’t give two shakes about how cheap the flowers or their wrappings where. It was all about the thought of it. He’d been thinking of her, made the effort to bring her something bright and pretty, that was worth more than gems to a girl who’d grown up just a bare touch above the poverty line.

“Ya flatter.” she grinned hip checking him, a light blush staining her cheeks, she knew she had the figure to make men do a double take, but direct compliments like that still caused her to duck shyly.

“Now…” Belle ducked around him, determined not to be distracted by his VERY DISTRACTING self. “Ah want ya to give this a try…” Belle set down the two dishes; her mama’s roast, new potatoes, carrots, and spring peas. Close as she could come to something he might have had back when he was alive and still be sure of the taste.
DC-New Earth

38 Posts
2 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Aubie

Food again... this always gave James pause. He would not at all mind going through the motions. Even if it turned to ash in his mouth he did not mind. For her he would play the good man and tell her it was wonderful. Still she wanted the truth and he could not just lie to her.

It was not the ash James minded it was seeing her crest fallen when he could not taste it. Still he supposed that is what the magic was about. Maybe it would work. "Alright just promise not to get to sad if it does not work ok?" Before sitting down James carved the roast for them. Serving them both out a portion.

James did not skip when it came to his plate. He always gave it his all. Sitting down he looked over the plate of food. It looked amazing as always. The problem was he did not even remember what food tasted like. What it felt like to eat so it was not like he had a craving. He could not look at a plate with hunger and need only determination.

Reaching down James took up his knife and fork. Slicing off a bite of roast and slipping over some of the fixings onto the back of the fork. Lifting it to his mouth he took the bite and froze. Pulling the fork from his lips it feel from his hand. Clattering on the floor. His eyes wide a moment as a tear feel down his cheek.

James started to shake as another tear fell his hand coming up to cover his mouth a moment as he chewed and swallowed. As his lips parted his voice came out shaky. "It's good... I... I had forgotten... was food always this good." Tears of joy he did not know he had to shed fell. As each pulled away from his cheek they vanished.
DC- DC-TV-1

43 Posts
2 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Kel

He could ask her not to be sad when this experiment failed like the others had, but Belle would have to lie, she was always crestfallen when he was unable to share this core experience with her-(and she wondered honestly how much of other things they did he didn’t, couldn’t feel fully).

Food for Belle was...well it was love.

Every moment spent creating something delicious and filling for her people showed her love for them. The effort she expended showed how much she cared, finding what they enjoyed showed her attention and care. Food was very simply how Belle showed her love, devotion...familial or romantic, it was how she expressed her heart. And to be unable to share that portion of her life with her lover hurt her, frustrated her, it was an itch Belle couldn’t scratch, and Belle didn’t like problems she couldn’t solve when she knew there had to be a fix! So if a little bit of effort, energy, and maybe a smidgen of pain meant that he could finally have meals with her? Belle would pay that price with a brilliant smile.

Steeling herself for failure, Belle was unprepared for success, “It-” She blinked back the sudden prickle of tears as he expressed the regaining of his lost sense, “Worked?” Belle squealed in delight, wiggling on her chair for a second before launching herself at him. “It worked!!” wrapping her arms around him tightly, bouncing in place.

“Oh Darlin! I’m gonna stuff ya like a Christmas goose! Gonna see if Ghosts gain weight thats for damn sure!!” she babbled happily.
DC-New Earth

38 Posts
2 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Aubie

James was awe struck in that moment. He could taste and she was holding him. He was never this happy when he was alive. He could feel her against him. He could hear the joy in her voice. He could see that perfect smile. He wanted to keep that smile there forever. He wanted to be the cause of it. "Marry me."

The words slipped out before James could stop them. He wanted to do it right not when he was a mess like this but he could not stop himself. Slipping from the chair James reached into his pocket and pulled out the small silver ring. "Please Belle..."

Holding her hand on bended knee James looked up at her with loving eyes. His other hand holding up the ring. "I am madly in love with you. I am going to break this curse and regain my life. I want to live with you... I want to get old with you... I don't care about forever if you are not with me. All I want is one life time with the woman I love."

James kept his grip on her fingers. Holding her like he was scared she would vanish. His eyes swirling with emotions but love above all washing over him. "If you would do my the great honor of being my wife. I will spend every moment I have trying to make it the best dissension you ever made."
DC- DC-TV-1

43 Posts
2 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Kel

‘Marry me’

Belle almost didn’t catch the question, so excited in that moment that all she could think about was all the different dishes she was going to cook for him, all the way’s he’d be so happy with her…

‘Marry me’

Oh.

Oh!

Belle pulled back eyes wide at the sudden request, she wanted to scream ‘Yes!’ wrap her arms around him, bask in this perfect moment.

Except underneath the bubbly personality Belle had a hard thread of realism, she was an eternal optimist, but...her childhood still shaped her.

Yes he loved her now, but she was still young, how would he fell in five years? Ten? When she wanted to adopt kids? Start a family? When the first grey and crows feet appeared as time marched its way over her body? And he remained as he ever was?

Belle reached up, stroking her hand over his cheek, what about when his need for vengeance took him away from her? “Are you sure?” She asked softly, he looked so young at this moment, even if she knew he was over 200 years old, he like her hadn’t had much experiance with love.

Break the curse? Belle blinked, from what she’d understood that meant he would stop being a Ghost..and well move on to his afterlife, which according to James meant Hell. Now SHE was plannin’ on making sure on what every level she could that THAT didn’t happen but- “You can live again?” her confusion clear.
DC-New Earth

38 Posts
2 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Aubie

James knew there should have been a lump in his throat. There was no yes... but also no rejection just two questions. He had literally fraught lords of hell but nothing ever had him this on edge. Did she not love him. Was the hopeless romantic ghost thing all she wanted. Was he not good enough as a man. She did like romance novels maybe he miss read things.

James let his grip grow softer. He was not about to just give up but it was hard to push through. "When I was alive a woman told me this would happen. Everything she said has come true... all save one thing. She told me I would face my greatest challenge in London and I would once again walk as a living man."

Pulling up his courage he looked up to Belle. "Even if it turns out to have been a lie I will find a way. There is nothing I would not do for you Belle. Please, take me as your own and in turn be mine and mine alone." Once again he offered her the ring. He knelt unmoving waiting for her response.
DC- DC-TV-1

43 Posts
2 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Kel

Romantic vs realist natures warred in the red head, she wanted to say yes, more than anything...besides making sure it wasn’t a decision he’d come to regret. Belle’s shaking hand covered the ring, “I want to say yes.” she whispered through lips wet with tears, “I’ve never been happier, but-” Belle’s blue eyes met his, “Ah’m not gonna let ya go if ya become my husband.” she warned, “Ah’m gonna get old, ah’m gonna want a family some day...an’ Ah’m gonna want to spend my afterlife with ya.” Her voice firmed on that last point, he thought he was bound for hell? Well than she’d just have to join him if she couldn’t figure out a way to save his soul.

“But you don’t have ta do this ta have me as you’re one an’ only..” Belle pressed her lips against his, “I love you James Caddock, An’ ah’ll wear ya ring till mah death. An’ after that you an’ Ah will be together after that.”
DC-New Earth

38 Posts
2 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Aubie

James said anything and he meant it. If she wants him even after he dies a proper death... then she will have it. If he has to take over hell and attack heaven to be with her she will have it. "Belle I want to be there with you as you grow old. There are a lot of kids who are just like I was and need a good home. I want to provide that home for them with you."

"I don't ever want you to let me go. I you and you alone to be the one who holds my heart." Slipping the ring on her finger James stands and pulls her close. Hugging her tightly he pressed a firm kiss to her lips. Breaking it only to speak. "I love you will every ounce of my soul Belle Scarlet Street and I always will."
DC- DC-TV-1

43 Posts
2 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Kel

Well now what was a proper southern girl suppose to say to that? Maybe this was the worst mistake of their lives, Belle didn’t expect happily ever after, but she had faith that as long as he loved her Belle would, could make anything else work. Everything else.

She had the will.

Even if she didn’t seem like much Belle was a stubborn woman, that was what she warned him, once he was hers Belle wouldn’t let go, the ring on her finger was a promise to her as binding as his curse.

“Well than!” she wiggled, sliding her hands over her thighs, a nervous habit to settle her mind, “We got some work ta do! You and me mister!” Belle grinned, wrapping her hand around his lapel bringing him closer, “Need ta figure out exactly what we are gonna do to bring ya back to the livin’ cuz I’m gonna wanna adopt but-” Belle rested her head on his shoulder, “If its an option ah’d love ta have your baby one day.” She admitted softly.
DC-New Earth

38 Posts
2 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Aubie

James never game much thought to starting a family before Belle. She created in him a desire to enjoy a more simple life. All the emptiness he tried to fill with things and adventure she wiped away with a smile. He never considered having a child of his own. However, if he was to get his body back then he would be able to again. This thought pulled a smirk to his lips.

"I will give you anything your heart desires my love. Though I think you know how much I will enjoy filling this desire." James put on his best I am trying to be helpful voice. "Though I think we should practice often so I am ready when my gain a living body again."

With a playful wink James leans in and steals another kiss from his wife to be. His fingers gripping her hip and pulling her close against him. He adored her little wiggles and he was doing his best to keep the fact that he was doing cartwheels in his heart. She said yes... in this moment there was nothing but her.
DC- DC-TV-1

43 Posts
2 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Kel

She was engaged!

Oh lord what you was she going to tell her mother? “We gotta tell mah momma.” Belle rested her head in the crock of his neck, basking in the moment.

She hadn't exactly told the elder Street exactly who she'd been dating just that she was happy and she didn't know how long it was going to last.

Belle honestly couldn't believe it, it was a plot from a romance novel! The almost 30 year old virgin librarian meets a ghost who falls in love with her! How was this real!

“Gotta start pinching myself every morning.” Belle giggled at his suggestion, wiggling around in his lap to snag a spoon full of custard pie, “try this.” Her eyes fairly sparkled with anticipatory delight.
DC-New Earth

38 Posts
2 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Aubie

Good lord he was going to have to meet her mother. What would she say. Would she approve. His reputation was no the best. Hi mom I am getting married to hellspawn. James forced the thoughts from his mind for now. He would cross that bridge when they came to it. Refocusing himself James smiled at his bride to be enjoying knowing that is what she was.

With a wink he reached over and pinched her ass firmly. "I will be happy to pinch you every- umph" James was cut short as a spoon of tasty was thrust into his mouth. Taking the large bite he lifting his fingers to his lips. It was amazing a sensation he could hardly put into words. It has been so long it was almost like being alive again. "It's really good."
DC- DC-TV-1

43 Posts
2 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Kel

Belle squeaked jumping in place when he pinched her. “Rouge!” She declared playfully. Watching him enjoy his meal would if she wasn't wearing his ring the best thing to happen to her this month. “Oh darling…” she sighed squeezing him, “i’m gonna do my best to see if I can fatten up a Ghost.” Belle licked the cream off her spoon humming in delight.
DC-New Earth

38 Posts
2 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Aubie

With a playful smirk James leaned closer to her. Tilting his head down he licked a bit of cream that ended up at the corner of her lips. Staying close he locked his eyes on her with a wicked grin. "I suppose I will need to see if ghosts can get a work out. With a playful wink he leaned back watching her." It was a strange thing to be eating even more so with out hunger driving him on. Still it was strange to have that little part of his lost humanity back.
DC- DC-TV-1

43 Posts
2 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Kel

Belle wanted to think that if she could satisfy every other mortal hunger than maybe she could help quiet the thirst for vengeance.

Belle had read enough tragedies to fear the unknown future and even more to work as hard as she could to mitigate any possibilities she could foresee.

“I love you my James.” Belle turned into the kiss, sensual lethargy leaching into bones, he'd yet to leave her frustrated, and that surety seeped out in her self possession.

“Now.” She purred, blue eyes darkening, “I wonder..” her fingers walked up his lapel, “about that ‘obey’ vow..”
[hr]
Belle wanted to think that if she could satisfy every other mortal hunger than maybe she could help quiet the thirst for vengeance.

Belle had read enough tragedies to fear the unknown future and even more to work as hard as she could to mitigate any possibilities she could foresee.

“I love you my James.” Belle turned into the kiss, sensual lethargy leaching into bones, he'd yet to leave her frustrated, and that surety seeped out in her self possession.

“Now.” She purred, blue eyes darkening, “I wonder..” her fingers walked up his lapel, “about that ‘obey’ vow..”