Fandoms: All

Canons: Open/Oc's Welcome!

Bans: Howard the Duck,
RPF* Real Person Fiction; IE Apping an actual celebrity

Main Rule:Don't Be a Dick

OOC min age:18

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thread Contributor: Luthien VogelerWhat now?
Emberverse-Main

63 Posts
12 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Katie

All Accounts Posts: 924
Luthien nodded in agreement "They can be, yes. And good people seduced into acting cruelly, because of their leader's bad example." that had been one of the worst things in the War. Seeing that most of the people on the other side hadn't been yrch, or possessed by the Powers, but were just ordinary men and women, doing what they believed was right, or at least needful."

"I see." Luthien said, nodding her head in understanding. "Still, you were found, yes? And when that happened, I'm sure that the story spread." Mass communication was a thing of the legendary past for her, but news did spread, albeit slowly and with more distortion the further you got from the source.

"I would like an introduction, and to see an airplane." Luthien said, "If such a wonder can be found here."
Marvel-MCU

315 Posts
15 Threads
Job: Rogue Superhero
Ship Status: Single
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual
Nyte

All Accounts Posts: 1,498
“Language!”

"Yes, that is almost worse. These people, were they ever stopped?” Steve found himself hoping they had been, but he would not be surprised to hear a negative answer, either. The world was a cruel place, with just as much darkness in it as good, if not more.

"I was found, yes, decades later. But very few people knew who I really was.” Steve nodded slowly, "Yes, it did. Especially after the attack on New York.” He smiled hopefully, "I wonder if I lived a quiet, normal life in your world. Maybe went to school for art, and drew and painted…”

Steve gave Luthien a wide smile, “I’ll see if he would be willing to meet with you. And if we have the jet at the tower. If we do… I can take you up for a flight, if you’d like.” He was pretty sure they had the quinjet at the tower...

“That’s not going away anytime soon.”
Emberverse-Main

63 Posts
12 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Katie

All Accounts Posts: 924
"Yes, they were stopped." Luthien replied "It was the first war of the Fifth Age, in Montival its called the War of the Eye. Norman Arminger had adopted the Eye of Sauron as his sigil, which, well, many people, both before and since think that says all that needs to be about the man. He died on the field of battle, his wife, Lady Sandra survived, and lived long enough to repent of her evil ways. The treaty that ended the war forced the PPA to abandon the worst of their practices. It didn't bring back the dead, but the evil Norman Arminger brought into the world didn't survive much beyond his own death."

When Steve mentioned what his life might have been she said "I have no idea. I hope that if it was so, you had a peaceful and happy life in my world." and died before the Change happened, although she didn't say that part. The Change had been hard on the elderly, and this man, or whatever version of this man might have been born in her world, would have deserved better than that.

"Thank you." Luthien replied, glad to move on to more pleasant topics, instead of thinking about if the man in front of her, and his children and grandchildren would have died of starvation, or violence, or disease, or if they'd have survived by doing the Forbidden Thing. "I would like to meet the man who could make such a wonder, and to fly...that would be a wonder beyond wonders."
Marvel-MCU

315 Posts
15 Threads
Job: Rogue Superhero
Ship Status: Single
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual
Nyte

All Accounts Posts: 1,498
“Language!”

They had been stopped. The reassurance was a relief; it was possible that the man and his wife had meant well, but what they had done was terrible and criminal nonetheless. The Eye of Sauron? Steve blinked, shaking his head, ”Well, that’s sort of on the nose, isn’t it?” He looked at Luthien expecting her to know this already, but still, he muttered, ”Sauron was a cruel and ruthless dictator.” Not unlike a certain Fuhrer… Steve was glad the wife had repented, but that didn’t make her any less guilty of being cruel. ”Good. Sometimes… Do you ever wonder at the evils humanity is capable of, Luthien?” Or was it just him? Did that make him naive?

Chuckling, Steve nodded, ”I’m sorry, I didn’t really think you’d have known… I’m sure I would have died quietly, and that history wouldn’t actually have recorded my life.” The smile he wore was peaceful, though, without any regret or unhappiness at the idea of living a quiet, mundane life. That might have been nice, actually, though truth be told, Steve suspected it would have been a rather short life. Some disease or other would have eventually overcome him well before old age could have staked such a claim on him. Without the serum, without the medicine and technology they had in the era he had woken in, Steven Grant Rogers would have passed on at likely a rather early age.

As uncomfortable as things were with Tony, Steve still cared about the man, and still enjoyed spending time with him, even if it was draining to do so. They just needed to get to know each other for who they were rather than making assumptions that sometimes proved to be wrong and even problematic. Still, what he knew of this Tony Stark, he would probably not mind meeting someone who was honestly interested in technology, even if they weren’t well versed in it. It was also possible that Steve was looking at the man through rose colored glasses. He’d find out. ”I’ll talk to him. And if we have the jet - I think we do - then we can go for a flight. Do you stay here, at the inn?”

“That’s not going away anytime soon.”