Thread Contributor: Lydia MartinMessage in a bottle Tag @eve/Nyte for Chris
Teen Wolf-Teen Wolf T.V. Series

5 Posts
4 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Tink

Lydia walked through the familiar forest with a small dog keeping pace beside her. Though the forest was familiar it was off wrong an ever-present reminder that she was not home. “Fine, fine you don’t wanna be found I get it. You want me here for some reason fine I get that. If you won’t let me go home at least let Prada go home. She can find Styles and bring him here or someone anyone.” Lydia let out a sigh and the small dog whined beside her.

Lydia went to one knee and pulled the small dog to her. “Prada find Styles find daddy and bring him here ok. Find Styles understand me?” Lydia tried to instruct the small dog, while tightly securing a small bag to the dog’s collar. The bag held a flash drive with all the information she could find on it and a message letting Styles and the pack know she was alright. If Prada found a way out and made it home a tall order for such a small dog, then help would come. Lydia unclipped the leash from Prada’s collar “Home Prada go home.” She instructed and watched as the small dog ran off.

Getting to her feet Lydia was pretty sure she had just done the most futile thing in the world. She was pretty sure it was akin to sending a goldfish down a river and asking it to retrieve someone. Lydia was desperate though and it was worth trying she just hopped that Prada wasn’t hurt in the process.

Deciding it was best to get back to where she was staying Lydia turned to leave but whipped back around when she heard rustling from the direction that Prada had run off in. “Prada? Sweetie is that you?” Lydia called out.

@Eve/Nyte
DC-DCTVU-1

539 Posts
23 Threads
Job: PA/Magician
Ship Status: Single with Complications
Sexual Orientation: Pan-Romantic
Nyte

All Accounts Posts: 1,498
Sometimes he just needed to get out. Away. From Tony Stark, from Safi, from his room and the creations that were nearly everywhere around the room, many finished but so many others in different states of completion. Sometimes he needed to breath fresh air, take a walk and get some exercise.

Sometimes he just needed to stop thinking so much.

Today was one of those times, and Christian had opted to go out for a walk, to explore places he hadn’t been yet, hadn’t mapped out in his mind. This forest was a recent addition to Hub, and as such Chris hadn’t had a chance to explore it yet. So his feet took him into the treeline and he walked, paying attention to where he was and where he’d been, but otherwise distracted by trying to determine what sorts of trees these were, where he might be, if this universe was even remotely similar to his own, and if it would have any magic or technology he could learn about.

A while after he had begun exploring, Chris came across a little dog, a pomeranian, thought, not from experience of owning such an animal (he would have loved to own a dog, he just hadn’t ever had the chance) but from his many trips to the pet stores where he would go to visit the animals waiting to be taken home by new families. He reached for the dog, let it sniff his hand before he reached to pet her, speaking gently to her before he moved to pick her up. She had a collar, and that told him that someone out there, possibly someone in Hub, would be missing her.

That wasn’t a nice thought, now was it?

Moving back the way the dog had come, Christian carried her, petting her gently to keep her calm, humming a little bit here and there to soothe her. When he came across the girl, calling for someone named Prada, he looked to the dog, who had perked up, murmuring to her, “Is that you? You’re Prada?” He smiled and moved toward the woman, “Is this Prada? She was wandering around out there in the woods. Pretty sure she got herself lost from you.” He let the dog go to her owner, “Glad she’s okay.” It was in his tone, that there were things in the woods of Hub that weren’t always the sorts of things that you wanted a small dog to run into…

@tink
Teen Wolf-Teen Wolf T.V. Series

5 Posts
4 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Tink

Lydia watched as a man holding Prada stepped out of the woods and asked if the dog he was holding was Prada. Lydia nodded her head when asked if the dog was hers, and knelt down to catch Prada as the dog ran to her. Lydia slipped the leash back on Prada. "Who's a good girl? Prada is." Lydia praised Prada giving her a treat.

Lydia stood back up and took a good look at the man in front of her and smiled. "Thank you for bringing her back. As much as I would like to say she went off on an adventure of her own accord, it was just a failed attempt at trying to find a way home or rather send word back home like a message in a bottle only not a bottle. Last ditch effort really and a bad idea." Lydia's cheeks grew pink with embarrassment she changed the direction of the conversation with the hope that the man in front of her would forgive her bad judgement " I grew up around these....well the woods that these are based off of the national forest surrounding good old Beacon Hills California. My names Lydia." She offered her hand to shake.

Prada sat calmly at her feet and Lydia adjusted the leash so it was hanging around her wrist. "Odd question did you by chance see a large old tree stump while you were walking?" she asked
DC-DCTVU-1

539 Posts
23 Threads
Job: PA/Magician
Ship Status: Single with Complications
Sexual Orientation: Pan-Romantic
Nyte

All Accounts Posts: 1,498
It felt nice, good, to return the dog to her owner. She seemed like a sweet animal, and Christian had always had a soft spot in his heart for animals like that, just sweet, bringing happiness to whoever cared for her. He smiled at the dog and her owner, brown eyes less warm than they had once been, but still empathetic. “She’s a sweet dog.”

An adventure of her own accord. Dogs could be independent, but they were pack animals, if one ran off, it was never intended to be for all that long… Chris offered the woman a small smile, “Well, someone did get the message, even if I’m not the person you were hoping.” He looked over his shoulder, “You don’t know where your portal is then, I take it?” Portals gave off a kind of energy… Some of them were distinctly magical, and if this woman’s portal was one of those, then it was possible that Christian might be able to jury-rig a compass of sorts with some magic in order to try to find where she had come into the city from. Of course, there was also the possibility that magic wasn’t much of a thing on her world, and that would make it a whole lot harder to find the portal…

Taking her hand when she offered it, Chris shook with a firm but gentle grip, “I’m Christian. Chris for short most of the time.” He looked at the woods around them, “I’m from.. Well, the portal to my world is in Gotham. Opposite coast from you. But I live in Central City, Kansas.”

“A large old tree stump? Well, I’ve seen a few tree stumps out there, but nothing that I’d say stuck out to me?” He cocked his head, “Does it mark something? We could go and look for it in another direction.”

@tink