The Hub
HALP ME - Printable Version

+- The Hub (http://thehubrp.com/mybb)
+-- Forum: The Hub (http://thehubrp.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Bazaar (http://thehubrp.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: HALP ME (/showthread.php?tid=646)

Pages: 1 2

HALP ME - Belle Scarlet Street - 06-29-2018

Waking to a clean kitchen was...well it was a delightful surprise, one that brought a flush of pleasure to her cheeks….and reminded her viscerally of the need to TALK TO HER BROTHER. The fact that Queth had cleaned the restaurant for her meant that Belle had an unexpected couple of hours before she HAD to do prep work.

Using her phone was...interesting in Hub; the good news was that while she had to find and pay for them there WERE services that somehow-(She didn't understand and didn't really need to even with her level of curiosity) managed to connect her phone not just to her home universe but also across other ‘platforms’ so that she could communicate with people who didn't have ‘phones’ per say.

Which was neither here nor now as she opened Chris’s contact on her phone and sent: ‘HALP; I HAVE A DATE. WITH *QUETH*.’

RE: HALP ME - Christian Verglas - 06-29-2018

Chris was bent over his workbench, working on one of his latest projects, sculpting tools scattered all over the counter along with stray bits of wire and chunks of brown-gray clay, and thin, tiny sheets of metal. The first time his phone buzzed at him he didn’t look up, continuing to thread a long copper wire through a tiny hole in the clay figure that he was building, sheets of metal wrapped around clay parts here and there with the wiring running through as a skeleton.

The second time the phone insisted he give it his attention he sighed and put down the piece he was working on with perhaps a bit more force than he would have otherwise and stood abruptly to cross the room to his bed, where his phone lie.

The message was from Belle, which immediately softened his features, and upon reading what his sister had sent him, he broke into a smile, warmth flooding back into his eyes as he moved to type back to her, ‘On my way.’

A moment later, he had stuck his phone in his pocket, walked to his door and paused, his eyes closed as he imagined Belle’s little cafe, where he knew she’d be. Then he opened his eyes, confident in his magic, and opened the door, not to the rest of the mansion, but to Belle’s cafe, walking in and closing the door behind him, “Belle?”

@kel

RE: HALP ME - Belle Scarlet Street - 06-29-2018

She was NOT freaking out except for where in she 100% was. Her phone barely had time to display Chris’s response before his voice called out to her, which...what? The oddity was enough to draw her slightly out of her own frantic headspace, “Upstairs!” she called out, pacing infront of her closet, tossing items onto the bed. “Where you already headed over?” she wondered absently. The mystery was a thing but right now SHE HAD OTHER THINGS pummeling her mind.

The redhead looked (and was thanks to the subtle spell Queth had set on her with out Belle’s knowledge) very well rested, that how ever did not disguise the fact that she looked ready to start pulling out said hair!

RE: HALP ME - Christian Verglas - 06-29-2018

Chris was all smiles when he entered the cafe. Belle was one of the people he loved the most in the world, in all of the worlds everywhere. And she had a date. He was happy for her; one of the things he had dared to ask Sune was that Belle have an easier time of things, so this… This was amazing news. He was grateful to the love goddess.

A date. With Queth. Who was, if he was thinking of the right person… “Oh, um, I was in my room, so I just…” He shrugged as he began to climb the stairs up, “Used magic.” Because magic was one of his favorite things. He poked his head into her room, “Queth is the cyborg elf lady, right?” The way he said ‘cyborg’ was with a tone of awe and appreciation; Christian had always loved everything technological, and cyborgs were sort of the epitome of that…

@kel

RE: HALP ME - Belle Scarlet Street - 06-29-2018

“You can just-” Belle’s fingers spider webbed outward, her attention momentarily arrested by the new (to her information) “Pooft where you want ta?” She blinked at him clearly impressed. She did however know from both her lessons with John and what she’d gotten out of Chris that magic had costs; blue eyes gave him a through once over carefully scanning his appearance for signs that he was overextending or hurting himself.

“She was on mah quests...well all of em now that i think on it.” Belle flopped suddenly despondent onto the mass of dresses and outfits on her bed. “She’s got a crush on me an’-” Belle flopped her arm over her eyes to whine; “An’ I dont even know if ah like girls! Shes mah FRIEND!”
@eve

RE: HALP ME - Christian Verglas - 06-30-2018

Could he just… Chris laughed softly, shrugged, “It’s not really a just... I mean.. Um, I have to know where I’m going, and be able to picture it, but… Yeah, given a door, I can use it as a way to travel pretty quickly.” It was convenient, and it didn’t cost him all that much energy to cast. All magic had a cost, but Chris was careful, always making sure he kept a reserve of energy just in case, and only using that in the evening before bed to send to the people he felt needed it the most. Of course, Belle was always on that list, and had been since he had learned how to heal with his magic when Belle had been shot.

Christian looked fairly well, though he had lost a few pounds over the last few weeks, a side effect of spending so much time in his room with his new orb. He wasn’t as well rested as Belle was, but that was nothing really new, either.

Nodding when Belle explained how she knew Queth, and she was the cyborg elf lady, which was sort of completely awesome, Chris considered the fact that Belle was going on a date. With a woman. It wasn’t unthinkable, Christian liked men after all, but it was a touch surprising because Belle had never shown an interest in women before. Well, life was ever full of surprises.

“Well, you’ll find out, then.” The smile Chris gave Belle was warm and loving, and he moved to sit down near her, “She’s your friend, but it sounds like maybe she’d like to see if you can be more than that.” Chris looked down at his hands, still stained with the clay he’d been working with before she had texted him, “If you said yes to a date, knowing that she has a crush on you, then maybe some part of you thinks that you could be more, too?”

@kel

RE: HALP ME - Belle Scarlet Street - 06-30-2018

Belle frowned unhappily, “Maybe? Ah…” she sighed “Ah didn’t wanna say no just cuz she’s a girl.” Sighing she scrubbed her face “An….I don’t knoooww.” She whined rolling around like an overgrown worm. “Ah flirted but… thinkin’ about kissing or..-“ she blushed “ah just don’t know an’ she’s more...direct. Ah don’t wanna hurt her.”

She… Oh. Chris closed his eyes even as Belle spoke and whined. She was his sister, he knew her, he knew that she would never, ever purposely lead the other woman on. But at the same time, not saying no just because Queth was a woman was…

He was uncharacteristically tense as he considered Belle’s predicament, and Queth’s. He adored his sister, practically worshipped her, but in the end, it was Queth he could identify with more. “Okay.” He spoke the word with care and precision, eyes opening to stare at the floor in front of them. “Okay. So you’re not disinterested, right? You’re just not really sure if you’re really interested. So… You’re going to have to be careful in order to keep from hurting her, and…” He sucked in a slow breath, “And no matter how careful you are, how straightforward, you might still hurt her in the end.”

It was, of course, experience that Chris was speaking from. He’d been hurt, he was hurting. “So be more direct. Let her know she’s a first. Make sure she understands that you’re not adverse to the idea, but you don’t know if you feel that way or not.” He reached out for her hand, giving it a gentle but reassuring squeeze when he found it, “It will probably be hard, I know, but it’s better than her getting the wrong idea. So much better. For both of you.”

@kel

Belle understood she did and she wasn’t- well normally she’d be a touch softer with how she phrased things; it wasn’t like she wasn’t not aware of the the parallels.

“I did.” She muttered, “ah course I did! An’ she said I could say no an’ not have a problem but-“ belle looked up from her slump unhappily, “Chris, I love her. As a friend an’...if she wants ta try...ah can’t say no. An’-“ belle flushed hard. “It was na so hard ta give her a good flirt. Just-“ all the things that came AFTER the verbal sparing.

“An’ normally I’d have *time* ta get used ya the idea but-“ she flopped defeated, “She ain’t southern an she ain’t got no idea how t’play d’game.” Her accent thickened into near incomprehensibility...at least for anyone not raised in this same area.

It sounded like Belle had made herself a good start, really. Being open and honest with Queth was the foundation here, and while he had expected his sister to have been honest, she was, as she had stated herself, a bit less direct, especially when it came to these sorts of situations. And while being softer was usually more kind, in the situation that Belle was trying to send one set of messages and Queth was receiving another, it wouldn’t be.

Unrequited crushes and loves were the worst.

“I know.” Scooting over, Chris reached for his sister to pull her into a half hug, “It’ll be okay, Belle. You’re going to be fine. Just try to be as open with her as you can be, and accept the fact that she might not share the same manners as we grew up with.” He grinned a little bit, “Comes from being from a whole different universe, I suppose.”

Belle was right about one thing: there was nearly no chance that Queth knew how to act according to their upbringing. He wondered if the cyborg elf lady had a phone...

@kel

“Ah know tha!” She pouted, goaning, “is just-“ belle flopped face first mumbling “I know how ta act wi damn Yankees-“ the curse was bred and never heard unless she was home or completely back in that mindset. Honestly it wasn’t ACTUALLY a curse it was just an absent descriptor that Chris would understand. “An’ how ta shut them down but if ah do tha wit her-“ unhappy eyes peeped up. “An she takes it wrong…”

Belle flopped again “She’s already sure ah gonna shut her down an ah don’t wannnaaa hurrrttt herrr!”

@eve

Of course Belle knew that. Chris had been trying to cut at least some of the tension by making light of it. But Belle seemed that she was just a little bit too worried, frustrated, and stressed. Okay, well, that was that, then. Instead of trying again, Chris changed tactics, his grin dying on his face. “Belle,” he waited until he had her attention, even if she wasn’t looking at him, he knew when she was listening, “Don’t treat her differently than anyone else. Than how you’ve always treated her. This, going on a date, doesn’t change her, and it doesn’t change you.” He rubbed her back, doing what he could to comfort her, both verbally as well as physically. He hated seeing her like this, but he understood it, this was familiar, at least.

“So if you do need to shut her down, if you start getting uncomfortable, be as clear as you can be, if maybe a touch more gentle than you would be with the yanks.” He tipped his head as he considered, “Just not too gentle, or you’ll risk sending mixed signals, which you don’t want. But just… Be honest, and be… You. She likes you, enough to ask you on a date, and that’s… That’s hard. And you like her enough to say yes, too.”

@kel

Belle sighed; she was in what her mama called ‘full on histrionics’ and she knew it, heck she indulged in the act because she could, because while it was serious...Belle wasn’t really afraid persay, and keeping up some of the ‘act’ helped her process. Chris low key freaked out over months with his problems, Belle flew into a single fit or two than just..was done. Over it and ready to face what ever issue with a smile and her normal cheerful disposition.

“Just…” she sighed looking up with a half smile “What do ah wear on a gay date?”

Belle was absolutely right; Christian would freak out and stay there quietly until his problem was solved or until it was over, or until he had it pretty much figured out. Even when he panicked, he tended to do so quietly, without drawing too much attention to himself or to his emotional state. Belle was the opposite of him in many ways, but in this case where he was quiet and low key, she was a burst of brilliant energy and then she was fine, healthy, good to go.

Sometimes he envied her that.

When she looked at him and asked about what she should wear, he returned her smile with a small one of his own, “Well, first of all it’s a date, Belle. Just a date.” His smile grew as he moved to stand, offering her a hand to help her stand, “You can’t keep thinking of it as a certain kind of date, gay or friend or anything else. Just a date. And what to wear…” This, Christian could do. He could help Belle come up with the perfect outfit, how to do her makeup, what purse to wear, what to bring with her, shoes, accessories…

Wordlessly, he began picking up seemingly random pieces of clothing from the pile she’d made, comparing colors and fabrics as he moved. “Were you thinking of a particular color or piece you wanted to start with?”

@kel

“It's noootttt its my first girl date!” She whined again; honestly she’d not been in quite this state since she was a teenager angsting in almost identically the same fashion over her first Dance. “Well-” She sighed pulling two lovely a-line dresses, one black with bright flower pattern made of cotton with a cute belt “It’s mah goto daytime date dress. An-” She smoothed out the emerald chiffon and silk paneled that was clearly more for evening, “That’s mah go to date dress.”

@eve

Chris sighed heavily, his voice coming out just a touch stronger than it had been, not angry, not unkind, but firmer, “Belle. A date, a romantic date, is a date. You don’t differentiate dating blonde men from brunettes, do you?” And granted, he hadn’t gone on many, as Belle called them ‘gay dates’ in his life, but he knew he wouldn’t treat a date with a man all that much different than he would with a woman. He definitely didn’t label them differently.

Labels. Chris really, really hated labels.

But he understood Belle’s angst. He had seen this before, if not usually this bad, and offered her a smile as she showed him her dresses, “So…” He arched a brow, “You’re going to wear your generic dresses for this?” Oh, he was teasing, but it was also a legitimate question; how special was Queth, how far out there did Belle want to put herself?

@kel

“Mah GO TO dresses!” She pouted stamping her foot at his little smirk, “Are mah go to dresses for a REASON Chris!” Belle deflated, “Na all of us can just run off the pounds.” she murmured self consciously holding a folded skirt over her belly. And those two dresses she KNEW she looked good in, and felt confidant in, which was half the damn battle.

Of course…

“An’ what if she’s na just takin’ me ta dinner?” belle fretting onto the next time, “Ah don’t wanna break mah nice heels if there’s gonna be runnin’ or the like.”

@eve

Chris tipped his head at his sister, his expression incredulous. Run off the pounds… Was that a dig at him? He wasn’t sure. Blinking slowly, he gave himself an extra moment to process, to adapt, “Belle, neither of us are unfit. Besides, do you really think I’m going to dress you in something that isn’t flattering? Something that you don’t make look incredible?” A touch of hurt colored his voice; this, clothing, color, preparation, he was good at this, and she knew it.

He moved to the green dress, “We could use this one. Do you have gray shoes?” He could help her with jewelry, he had some he’d made and not yet sold - opals might work… But shoes were a different matter altogether, he couldn’t make shoes.

She didn’t want to break her heels, well that was a good point. “Okay, so we have a few options. You can just ask her what kind of activities she has planned, or you could get someone else to sniff it out. Or we can just… Prepare.” He looked around the room, to where she kept her purses, “If you have a larger purse that would go with this, we could just send you with a couple of pairs - wear some heels, bring flats…” It never hurt to over prepare.

@kel

It was less a dig and more of a expression of jealousy that he never seemed to struggle with his weight the way she did, she knew he was much more diligent at going to the gym too, which spoke to the fact that he was ALSO more disciplined about that keeping said pounds off. And Belle had grown up with the firm mindset the love and Crisco were firmly intertwined!

“Ah got a ton of gems still from that card.” Belle dropped the skirt into the pile to dig into her closet “Ah got; kitten heel an’ a pair of platforms.” Belle held up the prizes for his inspection. Because of course she trusted his judgement...she was just also very self conscious of her pudgy places

“Ohh!” Belle ducked once more coming out with a large carry all, “Ah can go back to the vendor that sold me this Ah bet he could spell or what ever he did ta one of mah purses so it’s bigger on the inside!”

@eve

Christian was downright zealous about staying in shape. He walked, ran, rowed, and squatted his way to fitness, working harder when he indulged in order to keep from becoming the soft person many people assumed he was. Love and crisco might be intertwined, but health and fitness came with work no matter how much love you had.

Belle had gems from the cards? Oh, right! She’d pulled two other cards before being sent away to be a prisoner of a horrible magician. Chris still had the book he had pulled from the deck, and most of the jewelry as well. He had used his wishes, of course. He smiled to his sister, “The kitten heels, and we might put some of those gems to work, too.” Belle might have been self conscious, but Christian knew that his sister was a beautiful woman. She always had been beautiful.

Bigger on the inside? Chris turned to look at the purse, blinking at it. Magic. Of course magic. How could he make something be bigger on the inside? He looked from the purse to Belle, “Do you have a large bag? Doesn’t matter what it looks like.” He could do that, he could. Or he could at least try… Because that could be useful…

Imagine just how much he could carry in his pockets if he had a spell like this? He wouldn’t need his satchel anymore!

@kel